Any Craft Beer , Beer Geeks in here ?

Options

Replies

• esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love IPA, Stouts and Porters. Cigar City in Tampa produces dozens of amazing brews.

Would anyone be interested in doing some trades? I'm looking for Founders/3 Floyds stuff.

I'd be interested in trading. I have access to most of the Founders and Three Floyds stuff and I'd love to try Cigar City and other tasty beers that aren't distributed in the Midwest.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i went to a beer festival once....
    ...and drank cider
    beer is :sick:
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i love all beer but i drink the crap domestics most often because they are 99 calories compared to 200+ in the "good beer".
  • Cpt_Kirk_2013
    Cpt_Kirk_2013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale all the way!
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I live just outside Asheville (Beer City USA) and have many great local options :)

Highland
    Pisgah
    LAB
    French Broad
    Wedge
    Green Man
    Asheville Brewing

Sierra Nevada and New Belgian are also opening new breweries in the next few years!

I honestly love so many it's hard to pick a favorite...maybe Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale?
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I've become more of a beer snob, the older I've gotten. I prefer porters, brown ales, scotch ales/wee heavies, and Vienna-style lagers that are more roasty and malty than hoppy, but I'll try and find something I like in most styles darker than a pilsner.

I also have a standing agreement with friends that, should they ever see me drinking a certain frothy yellow liquid advertised by large horses, they're allowed to stage an intervention or straight-up kidnap me into a rehab center. :tongue:
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love a good IPA, but I had a fantastic beer here last weekend called Marble Red out of Albuquerque. I have a brewery across the street from my house which changes its taps every 2 weeks or so. They also have rotating taps - rotating IPAs, rotating Epics, and rotating local taps. I am in love with this place, but I can take down 1200 calories in one afternoon on the patio there in beverages alone.
  • bluetrumpet01
    bluetrumpet01 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Mmmm beer ...

I keep a mini fridge (thats not so mini) stocked with craft beer. Usually there's at least 40 in there of all different varieties. I used to be a huge porters and stouts guy until a very bad dogfish head night. Now I'm more partial to witbiers, brown and pale ales.

Favorite brew: Stone Arrogant *kitten*

Favorite breweries:

Sierra Nevada
    Terrapin
    Lost Coast
    Stone

Least favorite beer ever:

Key West Sunset Ale

57168e11-1516-4b5a-a22f-e1dc67707922_zps0fdfa207.jpg
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I love dark stout beers.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm a stout lover as well!! Young's Double Chocolate Stout or Left Hand Milk Stout are 2 of my favs...along with a good ol' Guinness as well!!!
  • ChefTJP
    ChefTJP Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    how about heady topper?
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    yummm love beer. I just moved (well, at this point it's been about a month and a half or so already) up to the St. Pete area here in FL, and there are a ton of little local breweries in the area! Especially in Dunedin - I haven't had the chance yet to stumble in and try many of them, but of those I have tried (and remember...) they were delish and the atmosphere was great! I also have yet to meet a Belgian beer I dislike.

i'm ashamed to admit that although i'm of Irish descent, I cannot stomach the taste of a Guinness :embarassed:
  • crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thoroughly enjoy Craft but not a fan of IPA's or Hef, prefer Ales, Porters along with Ginger & Hard Cider. Always looking to support local brews in the cities I find myself as I travel often for business.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    yummm love beer. I just moved (well, at this point it's been about a month and a half or so already) up to the St. Pete area here in FL, and there are a ton of little local breweries in the area! Especially in Dunedin - I haven't had the chance yet to stumble in and try many of them, but of those I have tried (and remember...) they were delish and the atmosphere was great! I also have yet to meet a Belgian beer I dislike.

i'm ashamed to admit that although i'm of Irish descent, I cannot stomach the taste of a Guinness :embarassed:
    How do you feel about Harp, or Smithwick's?
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

How do you feel about Harp, or Smithwick's?

both of those, I do enjoy :drinker:
  • javajunco
    javajunco Posts: 81
    Options
    My go-to beer is Red Hook ESB, but my favorite is BlueBird Bitter. Also love Fuller's ESB. Regular old Pale Ale's for me, if there is nothing Bitter on tap. I really don't like hoppy, wheaty, or sweet. Can't really stand flavored beers. Love to try new/regional beers when traveling.
  • bluetrumpet01
    bluetrumpet01 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

It's ok, we're not judging :) Guiness has surprisingly little flavor for it's really heavy body
  • FireballStrike
    Options
    Phoenix has become somewhat of a delicious hamlet of craft breweries. SanTan, SunUp and Sleepy Dog have mouth watering IPAs. American Craft Brew week approaches, May 13-19!

My all time favorite, cannot get enough of beer is Deschutes White IPA, Chainbreaker. So. Good. Thank the heavens it's now an all year round brew.
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Great, now I'm thinking about beer at 7 am! :drinker:

I love all kinds of full flavored craft beers. My favorites are the IPAs and belgians, porters and stouts when I'm in the mood. I like the taste of the higher abv ales. A few favs are Bell's Hopslam IPA and Tripel Karmeliet belgian. I am constatly trying what new on tap at my favorite brewpub though. FYI, American Craft Beer Week is May 13-19 :happy:

Aww i know the feeling :)
    And I cant wait for ACBW
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Another home brewer. I like the gamet. Peter in the colder months and ambers in the warm. I like apple cider infused beers right now the most, they became my favorite over the fall.

Cheers :drinker: