Any Craft Beer , Beer Geeks in here ?

Options

Replies

• BigDog
    BigDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Beer good. Me like! ;-)

Here's another plug for the craft beer MFP group. Come on over and join in!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/11960-craft-beer-and-home-brewing
  • FireballStrike
    Options
    Beer good. Me like! ;-)

Here's another plug for the craft beer MFP group. Come on over and join in!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/11960-craft-beer-and-home-brewing

There's a craft beer group?! This is the most exciting news I've had so far today! Thank you, kind sir!
  • sccet
    sccet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Most IPAs and IIPAs.

Go to IPA is Sculpin, though any of the Port Brewing ones will work. PtE when I can find it. And Lagunitas Sucks, when in season.

Favorite breweries - Russian River, Port, Ballast Point, Green Flash, Lagunitas, Bootleggers.

I homebrew as well, though not since I started getting healthier. A day of home brewing results in far too many beers being consumed.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Craft beer snob here, I love anything by Flying Dog and Heavy Seas
  • danmcgarrigle5
    Options
    I love IPAs and double IPAs, with my favorites being Dogfish head 90 minute, flying dog double dog, and stone ruination. Great Lakes makes some awesome seasonal IPAs and I'm in cleveland so they are easy to find.
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I like it all, the less familiar the better. We have a pub in town here that changes their beer up pretty regularly which is fun. Most recent beer i enjoyed was Amsterdam's Boneshaker unfiltered IPA.

Every time Innis & Gunn puts something new out, it makes me happy.

For the OP: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22/3523 . It is a nice beer!

Sad news in Canada regarding McAuslan: http://business.financialpost.com/2013/04/26/mcauslan-brewer/
  • webdevsoup
    webdevsoup Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    yummm love beer. I just moved (well, at this point it's been about a month and a half or so already) up to the St. Pete area here in FL, and there are a ton of little local breweries in the area! Especially in Dunedin - I haven't had the chance yet to stumble in and try many of them, but of those I have tried (and remember...) they were delish and the atmosphere was great! I also have yet to meet a Belgian beer I dislike.

i'm ashamed to admit that although i'm of Irish descent, I cannot stomach the taste of a Guinness :embarassed:

Nothing wrong with not liking American Guinness if you're Irish. American Guinness is crap compared to authentic Irish Guinness.
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    We went to Old Bag last night and have Doom ...Ahhmazing!

My goal in life is to open a doughnut shop like Voodo Doughnuts , I want all my stuff baked with beer, ive started pinning recipees and im going to start baking soon,,,First up is a Framboi(sp) Fritter ....Cuva Rena for the main doughnut and the Raspberry lambic for the filling :) ...
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Michelob Ultra is the finest beer ever crafted.
  • rustyvicinie
    rustyvicinie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more w/ crafts over domestics... Part of why I am here... enjoyed them too much! current favorites are Heady Topper from alchemist in Burlington VT and Bells 2 Heart and Oberon from Kalamazoo, MI
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Stouts, Porters -- if it is rich and dark, I love it.

My favorites are the Founders beers and New Holland Dragon's Milk.

My lawnmower beers are wheat ales and Radlers (Shandys).

I've recently re-started homebrewing. My first batch was a "Smoked Porter," my next will be a Weizenbock, followed by an Oatmeal Stout.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    We don't have a lot of good local breweries. There is one called Big Daddy Brewing that has a decent chocolate stout.

Not a huge fan of IPAs, I don't like the hops.

My favorite beers are from UK and Ireland. Huge fan of Irish stouts, and I like Boddington's Ale from Manchester.
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Love it all... Cold... Any beer mmmmmm
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I love all beer (even the crapmestic stuff... especially at crawfish boils and while eating wings), but I love trying beer the most. I'll try anything at least once. Love the stuff.

I also homebrew!

I've been on keto for almost a year now, and still can budget a good trippel, IPA, stout, etc. in my diary.
  • McGruber03
    McGruber03 Posts: 113
    Options
    I prefer Young's Double Chocolate Stout and Guinness in the winter months, and I like a good wheat beer in the summer months. I'm boring with my wheats..I love Shock Top, Abita Purple Haze, and Blue Moon. We live near a local brewery, and I like everything they brew except for the IPAs...just b/c I'm not a hoppy kind of girl.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hooray beer!

I live in middle o' nowhere Tennessee, but surprisingly there is a local brewery in our town named Depot Street. My default picture is DH and I at a brew fest called the Thirsty Orange a few weeks ago. I tried a watermelon beer, a coconut beer, and a pineapple beer!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Hooray beer!

I live in middle o' nowhere Tennessee, but surprisingly there is a local brewery in our town named Depot Street. My default picture is DH and I at a brew fest called the Thirsty Orange a few weeks ago. I tried a watermelon beer, a coconut beer, and a pineapple beer!
    The Southbound Scottish Ale looks very promising.
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    **raises hand**

Craft beer is the best! (Not that they're all good, mind you)

My favorite for years has been Dragon's Milk by New Holland Brewery. They ferment the secondary stage in whisky barrels, and you can taste that in the beer!

:drinker:
  • Lotusstarr
    Lotusstarr Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I live in what's been Beer City USA for 4 years running (Asheville, NC this year we tied with Grand Rapids MI) I love all kinds of beers but typically stick to Porters or Ales. I love a good beer. I have recently had to cut back on that love though... There's so much to choose from around town and more popping up all the time. I also love one of our local home brewers who makes some pretty fantastic brew that we order for parties.
  • erindh87
    erindh87 Posts: 94
    Options
    My favorite breweries:

Schlafly's in St. Louis (my all-time favorite)
    Boulevard in Kansas City
    Sweetwater in Atlanta
    Dogfish Head & Sam Adams in the northeast

I tend to gravitate more towards ambers and reds, but I like a large variety of types.