• kinzerbud
    kinzerbud Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    note to self
    sit down and do the math :)
  • jljshoe1979
    jljshoe1979 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump - going to do this later...thanks for posting it!!
  • sunshineanstars
    Options
    Bump
  • BeCourageous2013
    BeCourageous2013 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This helps me out a lot.
  • onandoff
    onandoff Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    saved for later. thank you!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    note to self
    sit down and do the math :)

Nah, let something else do the math, just sit down with measurements.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717858-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-and-deficit-calcs-macros-hrm
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    ~
  • lroads55
    lroads55 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hey there. i need some help figuring out how many calories I should eat to lose weight.
    I'm about 150 lbs now and I hope to be about 125 by my 21st bday in mid-February.

I'm following the In Place of a Road Map plan because I did this in the past and lost some weight, but then when I started working full-time, and I wasn't as able to keep track if my calories and work out as often, my weight loss stalled and I haven't lost any in a few months.

I am able to work out more often now, and keep track of my calories easily so I'm really ready to get back at this. Unfortunately I have no idea how many calories I should eat.

I'll be working out 3 days a week, for 30 minutes, doing strength training. My job also keeps me really active, as I work in fast food. I'm on my feet all day long, for about 6 hours a day, running around, going up and down stairs, etc. Outside of work and my work outs though, I sit a lot, doing school, etc.

I used a calculator at Scoobysworkshop and put my activity level down as lightly active and it recommends I eat about 1700 - 1800 calories, but that sounds like how much I have probably been eating anyways, though on some days I'm sure I only ate about....1400 or so, to make up for eating too much the day beforehand.

So, any advice?
  • lroads55
    Options
    bump
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hey there. i need some help figuring out how many calories I should eat to lose weight.
    I'm about 150 lbs now and I hope to be about 125 by my 21st bday in mid-February.

I'm following the In Place of a Road Map plan because I did this in the past and lost some weight, but then when I started working full-time, and I wasn't as able to keep track if my calories and work out as often, my weight loss stalled and I haven't lost any in a few months.

I am able to work out more often now, and keep track of my calories easily so I'm really ready to get back at this. Unfortunately I have no idea how many calories I should eat.

I'll be working out 3 days a week, for 30 minutes, doing strength training. My job also keeps me really active, as I work in fast food. I'm on my feet all day long, for about 6 hours a day, running around, going up and down stairs, etc. Outside of work and my work outs though, I sit a lot, doing school, etc.

I used a calculator at Scoobysworkshop and put my activity level down as lightly active and it recommends I eat about 1700 - 1800 calories, but that sounds like how much I have probably been eating anyways, though on some days I'm sure I only ate about....1400 or so, to make up for eating too much the day beforehand.

So, any advice?

You have a lot of iffy statements in there about your intake.

You should probably spend 2 weeks weighing everything but fluids, and measure those.

Otherwise use the spreadsheet on my profile page to get best estimates of everything as starting point.
  • lroads55
    Options

So, any advice?

You have a lot of iffy statements in there about your intake.

You should probably spend 2 weeks weighing everything but fluids, and measure those.

Otherwise use the spreadsheet on my profile page to get best estimates of everything as starting point.

I was going to start tomorrow, tracking everything, working out regularly, etc. But I'm not really sure how to use the spreadsheet. I'm afraid I'm at a plateau too.
  • lroads55
    Options
    so maybe i should just try 1800 for a couple weeks along with my working out and being active at my job and see if i lose any inches or weight?
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Bump