Low Carb High Protein QUICK lunch idea

Options
So, I need some delicious quick ideas for lunch that are really low carb and high protein. I don't have anything ready to eat here at work or at home so I'm going to have to go to the store. I need to be able to buy, prepare and eat in under 45 mintues.

Replies

• scrap
    scrap Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bag of mixed greens and Starkist tuna pouch. I like the single serve "sweet hickory" or "spicy" tuna.
    I keep the spritzer salad dressings at work for salads. :)
  • stephaniecmoran
    Options
    NEEDED THIS! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! Would definitely love more ideas.
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just eat a half a can of chickpeas with paprika and garlic sprinkled on them. Then yogurt for dessert.
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Buy a can of chicken. If it has over 2.5g of fat per serving it's the wrong cut or has filler.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    buy a can of tuna, some low sodium beef jerkey, a couple of mayo packets from the deli and a pack of veggies and some blueberries
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I cook salmon and chicken on Sunday and boil eggs and I have my protein for the week. I just pack a salad and one or 2 proteins and I'm good.
  • painthoss
    painthoss Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    In what universe are chickpeas low in carbs and high in protein? they have twice as many grams of carbs as protein.
  • Shampres
    Shampres Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Deli sliced turkey and lettuce wrap, throw some cheese in there in macros allow.
  • painthoss
    painthoss Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A single serving pack of tuna mashed into half an avocado.

Purdue short cuts, ditto.

Or mix either with a couple tablespoons of mayo and one of mustard.

A slice of roast beef, a slice of swiss cheese, a stick of celery: throw on a little mayo, roll it up and enjoy. I usually have two of them.
  • cherrysweet12
    Options
    buy you a can of black beans cook them, store them in container then warm them up for lunch, sometimes I make black bean wraps using romaine lettuce and a sprinkle of colby-jack cheese on top on the beans....yummy..quick and low carb high protein......:blushing:
  • Uselessly_Irrelevant
    Uselessly_Irrelevant Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    A single serving pack of tuna mashed into half an avocado.

I *love* tuna and avocado, I thought it was just me. No need for mayo, quick & easy too!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Cook on Sunday and bring in during the week.
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have a large tub of Fage % Greek Yogurt and Maple syrup.....high protein and very filling!
  • KatieHall77
    KatieHall77 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a fridge, Wilson turkey pepperoni- 0 carbs and super yummy.
    If you have time in the morning, make a turkey and swiss sandwich on a Yatoyama Sushi Party Soy wrap. (1 carb per wrap) This is also good with tuna or ham if you prefer.
    The single serving string cheese is individually packaged and can stand quite a while in a fridge. (Or out until lunch time) Also I find it filling.
    Most grocery stores sell pre-boiled and shelled hard boiled eggs, this also would require the fridge, or you could make scrambled eggs and spinach in the morning before leaving, put them in a tupperware. I like that dish for lunch or breakfast- so I make a double batch- sometimes put a little feta in it too.

I always keep a few cans of broth in my desk too- if I get super famished at work I put it in a mug and nuke it, then sip it as I work through my lunch (as we all often have to)

There are also the pre-made frozen Atkins meals, If there's a freezer at work and you really are in a pinch- I've had the chicken and broccoli in Alfredo one and it was decent.

Hope those give some ideas!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt (pick your fat percentage to fit your macros and cal requirements), and mix in:
    Real vanilla and splenda. Cinnamon optional.
    No sugar added boysenberry preserves to taste
    Any berry sliced up with splenda

Green or red leaf lettuce with deli meat of your choice. Tomato, avocado, or condiment for moisture. Cheese, bell pepper, cucumber, olives, celery, etc optional.

Leftovers

Bag of salad, can of tuna or chicken or some deli meat, veggie(s) of your choice. Lemon, oil, vinegar (which don't need refrigeration) or buy a bottle of dressing

Protein powder and water or milk. Chocolate body fortress is available at walmart and pretty tasty. I like mine mixed with coffee, water, and ice (instant coffee works) to get a mocha flavor and lessen the sweetness a bit. This will keep for a long time and is about ~$14 a tub. Do buy the shaker bottle though. Its worth it.

Panda express: Teriyaki chicken with veggies. 570 cals with two meat entrees and no sauce. Sauce is 35cals a tbspn. ~$7
    Carls Jr: Low carb $6 burger. The guacamole bacon burger with no santa fe sauce is 570 cals of awesome and about $5.
    Subway will do salads with their sandwich fillings but it is unimpressive
  • katecorb
    katecorb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been having sliced deli turkey and ultra thin Sargento cheese rolled up with a little brown mustard. MMMMMM. If I want carbs, or need to squeeze in some fiber, I eat them with Trisquits. I have that with some fruit on lots of days.
  • DaWayne360
    DaWayne360 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Low carb high protein but high calorie, I like peanut butter on celery.
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Individual greek yogurt added to any of the suggestions, I have one every day!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    > black beans
    > low carb high protein

????

lol
  • DaWayne360
    DaWayne360 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    In what universe are chickpeas low in carbs and high in protein? they have twice as many grams of carbs as protein.

In the universe of Glycemic Index where all carbs are not evil.

The same for Black Beans