Ideas for my wife's bday.

Options
SoldierDad
SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
So my wife's bday is Monday and I had a couple ideas.... I have been surprising her a lot lately with candle light dinners so i thought I would take a diff track. I want to get a baby sitter for tomorrow (that would be Nana lol) and surprise her at the door with roses. But then i am going to get her into the car and blindfold her. I am going to drive her to where I proposed to her and lay out a picnic dinner before i remove the blindfold. I will even pull out the old guitar and sing her a couple songs. I am not going to give her presents yet (that's for Sunday when the family celebrates together) but I have her new diamond earrings and a Mercy Me CD to go along with a day at the spa.
Does this sound OK? Should i go ahead and give her the earrings on the picnic or wait to give it all on Sunday. Also, should I do more for our little "date". Ideas/suggestions/advice always welcomed.
I love you all!!!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
God bless you!
Ed

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Awwwwwwww Ed there ARE still romantics left in the world and you're most definitely one of them!

I think you entire plan sounds perfect as it is, simply perfect because you came up with it and it's from your heart:heart:

I think the diamond earrings would be a lovely gift to give her on the picnic it just seems soooo right to do it then!!

Be interesting to see what others have to share :wink: :flowerforyou:

The spa day she will LOVE!!:love:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    What a great idea! Your wife will love it.

As for the earrings, I'd give them to her at the picnic. It will make it that much more special.
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    very nice idea! I say give her the earrings on the picnic, that way it can be a more intimate gift from you.
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    I think the diamond earrings would be a lovely gift to give her on the picnic it just seems soooo right to do it then!!

I couldn't say it better! I almost wrote, "I don't know why I think you should give the earrings at the picnic, but you just should." I wasn't sure how to explain it!
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    That sounds way more than ok! That sounds amazing! I'm sure she'll love it all!
  • calicowgirl0582
    Options
    Definitely at the picnic . . . I'm so jealous, my birthday is Monday as well . . .lol! Nothing like that for me
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    awwwww I thought you'd get a few votes for the earrings on the picnic:wink: as someone shared, it a bit more intimate and personal then.

I'm so glad you're here on MFP Ed, it's wonderful to have a real gentlemen (not excluding others on here:wink:) show us there are men like you out there that are willing to be so sweet and loving to their wives & treat women in general with great respect:heart:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    Ed....oh Ed, how I wish my hubby was reading over my shoulder when I was reading your romantic idea!!!! :love: lol

That sounds like a perfect plan to me, and I'm with giving your wife the earrings on your picnic, definitly more romantic and special!!

You're one in a million!!! :heart:
  • Whiskey5JDA
    Whiskey5JDA Posts: 37
    Options
    if she dont like em give em to me! my wife will love it!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Thank you ym beautiful friends! I will give her the earings at the picnic i have planned! Love you much!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, Ed! You are incredibly sweet. She is such a lucky woman! :tongue: Enjoy your picnic! She's going to love it.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    What a lucky woman your wife is. Giving her the earrings at the picnic would have been my vote too. :smile:
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    Options
    Uh, can I be your wife, Ed? Or perhaps you have a brother for me?
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    :noway: Are you a romantic novel writer? Or a woman? :laugh:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    :noway: Are you a romantic novel writer? Or a woman? :laugh:

LOL!! 24.gif
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Okay, I might get bashed for this but here goes......there is no way I would want to be married to you. I feel by reading all of your posts about all the "wonderful/romantic" things you say you do for your wife that there is an underlying current of BS running through it all. I would gag if my husband acted this way all the time. Just my opinion, but I think you are laying it on way too thick.
  • npsrock
    npsrock Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's quite obvious that you care deeply about your wife & that you have put great thought into her BD. This sounds like a very precious BD & any lady would be lucky to receive such attention.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Okay, I might get bashed for this but here goes......there is no way I would want to be married to you. I feel by reading all of your posts about all the "wonderful/romantic" things you say you do for your wife that there is an underlying current of BS running through it all. I would gag if my husband acted this way all the time. Just my opinion, but I think you are laying it on way too thick.

Probably go through a lot of vacuums with the two dozen rose petals on the floors every weekend. :laugh:
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options

I rolled my eyes at his idea too, but I'm not even close to being a romantic. I'm perfectly content with my husband giving me a pat on the back and saying "hey...uh....happy birthday." lol
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I rolled my eyes at his idea too, but I'm not even close to being a romantic. I'm perfectly content with my husband giving me a pat on the back and saying "hey...uh....happy birthday." lol

Me either. Take me out to dinner and give me the remote and I'm happy, happy, happy! :laugh: