Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I find the whole thing creepy
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I think it is telling that everyone injects their own life into what Knight is talking about. I may seem over the top to some (alot) of us, but that does not mean it's not true. His relationship with his lovely may be something that we don't have with our "others".

Perhaps Knight should put this in his blog rather than hanging it all out in an open forum post, but whatever. Just take it for what it's worth and wish him well. Don't rip him up for it.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I would much rather my husband continue doing the little things that he does daily, such as cutting up my apple for my lunch, than large showy displays. It means more to me that my husband realizes that because of arthritis I have a hard time cutting up apples than if he made a huge production out of my birthday or our anniversary. :heart:
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    Not to belabor this further but I am sure that Knight's wife has her 'apples' and Knight 'cuts them up' for her.

Doing the little things that we're not asked to do is love (to me). Surprising your other on birthdays and treating them extra special can't be a bad thing. Right?

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Not to belabor this further but I am sure that Knight's wife has her 'apples' and Knight 'cuts them up' for her.

Doing the little things that we're not asked to do is love (to me). Surprising your other on birthdays and treating them extra special can't be a bad thing. Right?

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I'm just trying to figure out why he feels the need to be so over the top all the time.....almost every post he mentions what wonderful things he is doing. Is this coming from the heart or is this guilt???? I also find it slightly odd that we never hear about the wife doing anything for him. Shouldn't this be a two way street....
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    It is what it is,,, we all have our own ways of being who they are. This works for Ed and Mrs. Ed, and more power to 'em. If I tried this my ol' lady would laugh her butt off - which is just as well, 'cause frankly I'd rather pull my own teeth out with a pair of pliers.

However, I have my own ways of being Casper, and I have my own ways of doing what I do. For almost 23 years we've done Ok, we're happy, and that's what's important. Ed and Mrs. Ed are happy too, and god bless 'em.

Give her the earrings at the picnic. If you steam a fortune cookie you can unfold it - do that and stick the earrings in there and fold it back up and bake it for a minute to reharden it. That'll make the surprise more fun.
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    Casper, that's a cool idea! :bigsmile:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,741 Member
    Options
    It is what it is,,,
    Or is it? :tongue: I keep biting my tongue, and maybe I'll wish I continued to do so, but I have a hard time believing this is for real. Sorry. Maybe it is, and if so, I hope it works for them. I'm not very romantic, so that probably colors my opinion, but if I were, and if I wanted my husband to do things like this, I think I'd feel weird about him first running it by a bunch of people who didn't know us.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I think it is telling that everyone injects their own life into what Knight is talking about. I may seem over the top to some (alot) of us, but that does not mean it's not true. His relationship with his lovely may be something that we don't have with our "others".

Perhaps Knight should put this in his blog rather than hanging it all out in an open forum post, but whatever. Just take it for what it's worth and wish him well. Don't rip him up for it.

I would have to note the error in your post........I may seem over the top to some................so is zebra and knight the same person?

just asking:flowerforyou:
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    You never see Superman and Clark Kent at the same time do ya? Well you do cause they are the same person, but you know what I mean. :tongue:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It is what it is,,,
    Or is it? :tongue: I keep biting my tongue, and maybe I'll wish I continued to do so, but I have a hard time believing this is for real. Sorry. Maybe it is, and if so, I hope it works for them. I'm not very romantic, so that probably colors my opinion, but if I were, and if I wanted my husband to do things like this, I think I'd feel weird about him first running it by a bunch of people who didn't know us.

I am sort of with you on this.
    Folks here at MFP that know me in real life can attest that I am as romantic as anyone but this dime store romance novel scenarios are a bit too much.
    Call me cynical but I suspect it is more to get ooohs and ahhhs from ladies here more then it is for real.
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    :love: WOW!!!! :love: you are one awesome hubby!! Personally, I would give her her earrings on your date and that way, she can show them off at the family get-together! I don't see the need to do anymore than all you have planned! I think it all sounds fabulous! :heart: I hope you both enjoy your date and party! :heart:
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Lol Carl...I can see what you are saying. If my husband took me to the place we first met, we'd be going to Blimpie's! We met there during a summer job. But I still give Ed a thumbs up. I think romantic stuff is nice and unexpected these days. :flowerforyou:
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    I think that sounds super sweet and your wife will love it. I'd give her the earrings at the picnic. Good Luck!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Good job Ed!!! Your wife should feel honored and loved!!!
    In my marriage a little goes along way, but sometimes those surprises make our hearts melt!!! Ohhhh how sweet!:smile:
    Tell her Happy Birthday from us!!!!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    ,,,,Call me cynical but I suspect it is more to get ooohs and ahhhs from ladies here more then it is for real.
    You're a cynical *$%& Carl!!!

How was that? :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    ,,,,Call me cynical but I suspect it is more to get ooohs and ahhhs from ladies here more then it is for real.
    You're a cynical *$%& Carl!!!

How was that? :laugh:

oooohhh...ahhhh...... :laugh:

popcorn2.gif
  • amymac
    amymac Posts: 42
    Options
    Oh my, that sounds wonderful!!! She's going to LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    None of the cynical or down right mean stuff bothered me. I just like to get opinions. :-) and nope i have nothing to be guilty about. But lets look at this... Is it better to be over the top romantic and make a woman feel like a Princess or just do the mundane. I treat my wife the way I treat her because she deserves it and a million more things. I am proud of her, proud to be hers and proud to have her as mine. I like sharing that love with the world. :-) isn't there enough evil in the world? Hate? darkiness? If you answered no then you haven't walked across a battlefield.
    I don't know the Zebra guy but he is not me. I care about you all very deeply but I am not going to try to make myself look better to anyone by lying and pretending to be anyone else.
    Thanks everyone for their opinions. You peeps rock. :-)
    Blessings,
    Ed
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think they were trying to spread darkness or hate, Ed.
    Some of the comments may have been a little unkind, but I think what most of them were essentially saying was that your style of romance isn't for them. Different strokes, and so on.
    I personally think that what you're doing for your wife's birthday is REALLY sweet since it works for the two of you...though if my husband did the same sort of things you do for her, I'd be incredibly uncomfortable in our relationship (being put on a pedestal makes me VERY uneasy...and having a picnic where the two of us met would mean setting up by my high school locker :laugh: ). Just call it one of the many reasons you're married to your wife and not to me! :tongue:

But to answer your original question, I'd definitely give her the earrings during your picnic!! I hope she has a happy birthday, and I'm sure she'll LOVE your surprise!!