You're getting too thin comments?

Options
I wondering if anyone else has dealt with the issue of people saying you are too thin. I'm right smack in the middle of my BMI and have a few people tell me I have lost too much weight. Mind you, I know my arms look puny but the rest of me is fine!:laugh:

Replies

• tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Yep, then the comments will turn into "you're getting too muscly"

Its just people projecting their own insecurities on you, don't let it bug you :)
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I would love to deal with that "issue" of being called too thin. :)
  • Kst76
    Options
    Yep, then the comments will turn into "you're getting too muscly"

Its just people projecting their own insecurities on you, don't let it bug you :)

I think people don;t like it when someone starts to look better than themselves.
  • haleyjester
    haleyjester Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yes I have that problem too except I am 193 lbs and 5'6"...so obviously they are idiots
    Lmao
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Yes! This will be common from people who were so used to the old version of you. Don't let it phase you and try to understand it will take them time to see this is a permanent change for you. My family is still in shock and always comment now you look like your too skinny but I am going to stop until I am content with the reflection I want to see. I am 5ft 8 and weigh 166 lbs. They were so used to me being 200lbs and over. Also you will get those nice comments that just make your day like people telling you are an inspiration to workout, you look so trim, skinny, beautiful. So just know beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And we know where we will stop at a number, size, or BMI not their opinions. Best of luck.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    The weight that I like my body at is 15 pounds above my recommended BMI. When I am actually at that weight, my boyfriend tells me I look like I need a sandwich,my parents tells me I am making a lot of progress,and my grandmother tells me I need to lose another 50 pounds. Don't listen to everyone else. It's you're body. As long as you're healthy (which I can't stress enough) and you like your body, I don't see an issue. =)
  • greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    They tell me that all the time or ask me if I have been sick. They cant seem to realize that I want to lose this weight.
  • Kst76
    Options
    The weight that I like my body at is 15 pounds above my recommended BMI. When I am actually at that weight, my boyfriend tells me I look like I need a sandwich,my parents tells me I am making a lot of progress,and my grandmother tells me I need to lose another 50 pounds. Don't listen to everyone else. It's you're body. As long as you're healthy (which I can't stress enough) and you like your body, I don't see an issue. =)

lol...grandmothers :)
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I haven't been told I've that I'm getting too thin but I have had people ask me if I'm done losing weight and that they think I don't need to lose any more which is ridiculous because I am 5'3" and still weigh 146 lbs.
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    awh, i wish i had that issue. ;P you look great in your pic!
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It's good to know I'm not the only one!
    And I do wonder if our idea of what is a normal size has changed too. After all, most of the general population is overweight to some degree. Being overweight is starting to become normal!
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    leanneowens-I'm also 5'3" and right now, weigh about 126-128.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Yep people say this when you first lose the weight. Keep it off long enough and most will get used to it. Although some people still make the comments out of jealousy of being unable to manage their own weight the way they'd like to
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I wondering if anyone else has dealt with the issue of people saying you are too thin. I'm right smack in the middle of my BMI and have a few people tell me I have lost too much weight. Mind you, I know my arms look puny but the rest of me is fine!:laugh:

"getting too thin" = no
    "you're too thin" = yes

Before I gained weight, I would fluctuate between 125lbs & 135lbs. I'm 5'4", so it's not like it was an unreasonable weight for me. I think it came down to the fact that I wore size 7 or 9 (depending on brand) jeans and was a D cup. People would constantly offer me food and if I refused it, I'd hear comments like "you need to eat, you're too thin." It's not like I didn't eat, I love food.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    My dad flip flops between "you are disappearing" and "you are going to look like a man"

which is it Dad?
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I haven't been told I've that I'm getting too thin but I have had people ask me if I'm done losing weight and that they think I don't need to lose any more which is ridiculous because I am 5'3" and still weigh 146 lbs.

I get the same thing except that I'm 5'1 and 139 lbs.
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You look good to me and yes, I agree, I think there are so many of the population that are overweight, that people don't know what a healthy weight is anymore. I also think that some of the clothes manufacturers have made their sizing bigger to make us feel good about being bigger. :)
  • chelseasunrise
    Options
    I was getting those comments when I got to my goal weight before I had my son. I actually miss it! I know I was at a really healthy weight, they just weren't used to seeing me that small. If you're used to someone being a larger size since you've known them when they lose weight they are going to look really thin to you. If someone was that size since you've known them however, they are probably going to look pretty normal? That's how I see it anyway?

I was actually kind of disappointed with myself that when I started getting those comments I stopped losing weight even though I wouldn't have mind losing a few extra kilograms. I stopped because they told me I should, not because of what I believed. This time around I am stopping when I am happy (and still within a healthy range) not when everyone else things I should stop! :)
  • Kst76
    Options
    I once had a guy I know telling me I would fly away in a hard wind ( at 162 pounds, 5;5" ) ??
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I always have to deal with people telling me I'm too thin even though I'm 128 and 5'5".
    It doesn't make any sense. Maybe because I have a small frame and I'm kind of bony in some places? As long as I'm not anorexic then it's all good.