WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2013

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,317 Member
    Options
    Bump. Joyce, sorry to hear your sister is struggling. Hope your day got better.:flowerforyou:
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,870 Member
    Options
    Bump to find again. Sue in SD
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great day! I need to eat supper and then attack a pile of paperwork! Tomorrow is an unexpected conference which means I need sup plans for all 6 classes. It is so much easier to be there myself than to try to explain to someone who probably doesn't "do" math how to teach what needs to be done tomorrow. Grades are also due Wednesday by noon and I need to leave on time tomorrow for a doctor's appointment. Oh well, I work best under pressure!!

I will try to get back tomorrow to comment on posts.

Deb A in CNY
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Monday. I have a day off today. It is raining, but I am keeping busy with laundry and bookkeeping. Isn't that what I do very well? :noway: :noway:

:flowerforyou: Love the pictures, Sheryl!

:happy: Question: anyone on here have a tummy tuck done (or liposuction, or combi)? You can message me, if you don't want to put it on the forum. I've been thinking about it for a long time.

Renny
    From Rainy Vancouver Island, BC
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I would love to know about those tucks too! good question...seems inevitable if the damn stuff would leave my waist and not my feet!

cheers, BJ
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    BJ – I too count my 4-legged kids as I never had any of the “other” kind. I really appreciate the unconditional love and unfettered joy they display when you come home, whether you’ve been gone 10 minutes or 10 days! :happy:

Cheryl – Soooo glad for you that you found your FitBit and it is still working. Your horse is a beauty (the daughter too LOL), a lovely way to spend “your” day, doing what you love most :flowerforyou:

JaneH – I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better today. What a sweet thing for your DS to do for you! Also happy to hear you’re not having to put up with any sulking behaviors either (now THAT’S a gift) :wink:

Katla – Hoping that DH is feeling much better and that you both had a lovely day.:smile:

Brooke from Colorado

“The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.”
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump so I can find part two in the morning:wink:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,127 Member
    Options
    BUMP -

I'd like to know about *tuck* issues/results/factors to consider..........:flowerforyou:

Cheryl - glad you found your Fitbit and I must say you look so HAPPY when you're on a horse!!!!:bigsmile:

Hugs to all.:heart:

Lin in Central Iowa

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Replying to find the new thread. We are a chatty bunch!

Yoyonomore, I am also a math educator. I do professional learning for high school teachers. I have a session tomorrow. Small world!
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Bump for now well wishes to all

cheryl love your horses daughter is a cutie too
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug- It is a small world! I think we all are happy to receive professional development with all of the changes in the standards. It is an exciting, but stressful time. Next year I will be changing from middle school math to geometry, advanced algebra/trig, and precalc. Big jump, but a welcome change.

Deb A in CNY
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    cityjane my sister thrives on struggling. She loves telling anyone she can how many surgeries she has had, how many medicines she takes and how much pain she is in. It is what gets her up in the morning. Both her children dread being around her, I have tried to intervene and it does no good.
  • cooky56ny
    cooky56ny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I hope every one had a wonderful Mother's Day!
    Life is still crazy busy for me, Miss chatting with ya all!
    Peace ~N~ Hugs
    Carol in WNY
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Renny.......I had a friend in my exercise class who had a tummy tuck; it seemed to take her a long time (like 6mo.) to get back to full speed. She was in her early 50's and not overly heavy and, by the time she got back in the swing of things, she had eaten and gained most, if not all of it back ,so there was no apparent visable change in her appearance. Don't know how "normal" her experience was. I'm thinking of having one of those cold laser procedures which kills off the fat cells when I get to goal to try to get rid of the "pouch" and tighten the abdominal area......another reason I like this idea better is because it's totally non-invasive with no "down" time.

BJ.......congrats on TWO new babies!!! Hang in there on the degree pursuit; these kids who have zero to deal with but college don't know how lucky they have it

Katla.........hope your dh is feeling better and b.s. is down; my dh is diabetic too, so I know how these swings can affect them........how about a book or a movie for a gift?

Lucy........one year I had squirrels taking just one bite from EVERY tomato....to this day I hate them

Joyce.........hope your day got better

wessecg............your ride looked fun; beautiful daughter and horses.....glad you found the fit bit

Time for a little of my book----Mistress of Justice/Jeffery Deaver
    then bed
    G'nite,
    yanniejannie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    DH will be sixty-six for those who asked. He has been an avid sailor most of his life, but the last couple of years have been very difficult due to MS. His problems are strength and balance. We'll see how this season goes. His birthday is day after tomorrow and I still don't have a plan.

We looked at patio furniture today but the size was not right for either DH or me, so we're still looking. We have an upper deck and a lower deck. This would be for the upper deck and it is not very big. The furniture we saw would have fit the deck okay, but not either of us. I'm thinking of a small table and two chairs. We aren't small people, but DH is about 5'6" and I"m a couple of inches taller.

Here is something to think about. When I wrote the paragraph abve, advertising appeared for a wood table and two chairs. That gives me the willies.

Freaked out Katla
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

My DD continued our Mother's Day tradition of taking me out to buy a huge hanging plant for the porch. It's a purple and white Supertunia this year with lots of buds. She also got my favorite Jimmy John's veggie sandwich. Yum!:happy: My DS did call in the evening; didn't say much but it's the thought that counts! Woke up this morning very unmotivated to exercise but did end up going to the pool for 2 hrs and had a good time doing Water Zumba. :smile:

Cheryl - Very nice pics of you and your daughter!
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump...til morning!

Gail, metro Atlanta
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,374 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug - thanks for telling me to keep away from Zaxby's. So many times I've passed by the one near me and thought "I should give it a try". Now I'll think "I shouldn't give it a try"

dovergopp - rant all you need to. It's so hard when our parents need so much.

Barbara - yea for you pulling things out like you did

The guys started building the pergola today. I took a Jari Love Slim & Lean DVD to the Y, thinking I could use their weighted bar. Well, I completely forgot that there was a yoga class in the aerobics room at 7:15, so I had to do it in the fitness area. Didn't work out well at all. Oh well....live and learn. Guess if I have to do something on my own, I'll try to do it earlier in the day when there aren't any classes.

Planning to do the rebounder DVD that I have tomorrow. The guys should be here around 8:30.

Tried to go to Aldi, and I was shocked -- they closed at 7!

beachlover - welcome! Tell us more about yourself

cityjane - congrats on the great news. So sorry you lost your daughter....but this one helps. A breast cancer survivor to boot, I'm proud of you. Horray that your bp is down. Your birdfeeder sounds neat

patsy - i love when people have open diaries. Sometimes (many times in fact) I get great ideas of things to have that I jwould never have thought of otherwise.

bj - may all of your daughters have great pregnancies. You're on your way...!!! I hear ya about the social events. I'm trying to bow out of the ones that I can. Which degree are you working on?

After coming home from the Y, don't ask me why but I put my car in the garage. jOf course, when the guys got here with the wood for the pergola, they had a trailer and totally blocked me in. By the time they left, we had dinner, Aldi was closed. Vince and I did more work on the river rock today. Tomorrow if there's time, we may do some more. See, we're signed up for the Unifour bowling Senior Games at 12:30. I think there is a lunch before hand catered by Olive Garden, not sure, tho

Lucy in DE - your mother's day dinner sounds fab

bipsqueen - welcome! You can do it, and we'll be there every inch of the way

Cheryl - your mother's day sounds fantastic. Great that you got to do what you wanted. As usual, fantastic pics, thank for sharing

jmkmomm- so sorry you're having such a bad day. Things'll get better

Need to get ready for tomorrow. Look at the time! Where does it go to?

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele in NC
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Bump as it's late and I need to get up early for golf. Had a great weekend with hiking, hauling fire wood, cutting grass and lots of "ranch" work. Had to rest today.
    Sue in TX