What are you having for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• momthenurse
    momthenurse Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This morning I'm having a mixed berry, Greek yogurt and vanilla almond milk smoothie. I usually have refrigerator oatmeal (I'm addicted),
  • pmad37
    pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Subway egg white flatbread with spinach and tomato
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    So pretty...
    My favorite meal of the day by far. I'm a little set in my routine so always looking for new ideas.

Here's my breakfast today..

Screenshot2013-05-01at85451AM_zps75869043.png

Don't make fun, I think food tastes better when it's pretty..Boyfriend said he compromised his masculinity by eating it..:laugh:

Forgot to add: It's 2 eggs with feta cheese, honey baked ham, 3/4 cup goat milk yogurt with almonds and chia, fruit salad

So what'd you have today/are planning to have?
  • eras616
    eras616 Posts: 24
    Options
    I had Shakeology!
  • dmf711
    dmf711 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    1 packet plain oatmeal, 1 packet Quaker weight control maple & brown sugar oatmeal (only 1g sugar), 40g raisins. So filling. On days that I'm in a ruch, I take 2 apple cinnamon rice cakes and stick a tablespoon of peanut butter in between. 195 calories. :)
  • ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    McDonalds egg white delight with no Canadian Baccon, added 1/2 tsp of hummus and about 5 sprigs of baby spinach. Cup o coffee. Thats about it. I know McDonalds is a bad word, but I have to be at work at 6:30 and I didn't wake up until 5:15. Plus I am just starting out, so any helpful ideas that are fast to prepare would be greatly appreciated.
  • kbrhelker23
    kbrhelker23 Posts: 62
    Options
    WOWZERS! you all have a good size breakfast! i have like 2 eggs and MAYBE a piece of whole wheat toast... glad to know i can eat bacon/ham/ and fruit and yogurt...yay :0)
  • luziferl
    luziferl Posts: 82
    Options
    My favorite meal of the day by far. I'm a little set in my routine so always looking for new ideas.

Here's my breakfast today..

Screenshot2013-05-01at85451AM_zps75869043.png

Don't make fun, I think food tastes better when it's pretty..Boyfriend said he compromised his masculinity by eating it..:laugh:

Forgot to add: It's 2 eggs with feta cheese, honey baked ham, 3/4 cup goat milk yogurt with almonds and chia, fruit salad

So what'd you have today/are planning to have?

GOSH that looks amazing!! :) how many cals?
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Your meal looks amazing, OP!

I had coffee with sugar-free French vanilla creamer, a slice of spinach casserole (spinach, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese and egg beaters baked until golden brown) and a slice of "Dave's Killer Powerseed Bread" toasted with a wedge of laughing cow light smeared on it.
  • perrythaxter
    perrythaxter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1 1/2 slice whole wheat toast with peanut butter, 1/2 cup lactose free milk. I did not realize how much calories was in peanut butter until i ate it. Will only have 1 slice next time.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I had a piece of leftover lasagna with eggplant instead of noodles, spinach, onions and other goodness in it. Yum!

Normally I have fat free, plain greek yogurt with fruit or no sugar added preserves mixed in, eggs with veggies and bacon, or a protein bar.

Your fruit plate looks lovely!
  • demarcok
    demarcok Posts: 2
    Options
    I used to not eat breakfast because of time constraints. Then I discovered steel cut oats. They keep their texture (which is different than rolled oats) over time. So Sunday night I make a big batch and then divide it up into 4 serving. I grab one in the morning, slice in a banana or 1/2 cup of frozen berries, and put it in the microwave for 2 minutes (the banana gets soft and mixes in perfectly). I top it with 1 tsp(ish) of chopped walnuts. It's very filling and keeps me satisfied until lunch time, even on days when I go to the YMCA at lunch.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing I have every day. Fruit smoothie. Today it was strawberry.
  • MizAngie
    MizAngie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    6 egg whites and a tablespoon of salsa. Coffee with cream.

Weekends are more- Get to sleep in so its almost more lunch then breakfast. 6 egg whites with sauted veggies and 2 sausages. Starbucks americano. mmmmm love my weekends.
  • MarisaDLS2
    MarisaDLS2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Veggie EggWhite Omelet: which consists of
    3 egg whites beaten with 1/2 tsp no salt seasoning & 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
    1/2 cup diced zucchini
    1/2 cup diced red peppers
    1 T sundried tomatoes in olive oil
    2 c fresh spinach
    1/4 c scallions
    1/4 c feta cheese
    Saute tomatoes with scallions/diced veg in non stick pan,
    When veg are slightly soft, add spinach to wilt
    Reserve veg mix to bowl
    Coat non stick pan with 1 tsp EVOO
    Add beaten egg whites and swirl in pan to cover.
    Let egg whites set
    Sprinkle w feta cheese, then reserved veggies.
    Roll into omelet, slide onto warmed plate.

I add 2 T huy fong chili sauce on top, sounds like a lot but the feta cheese tempers the heat.

Coffee and tangelo completes the meal.

I have this for breakfast almost every morning.

Your breakfast plate is very artistic and lovely !
    Almost too beautiful to eat !
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Two scrambled eggs (100g) fresh from my girls in the backyard. I eat these every morning.
    Fresh Pineapple (250g). My fruit is different every morning and just depends on what I got in my Bountiful Basket that week. This week, mango, pineapple, strawberries and bananas... yum.

I feel fat and happy on my 20 cent breakfast.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Normally a bowl of cereal and some fruit. However, today was Special K Fruit Crisps and a banana.....once I got to work.
  • ac_boubou
    ac_boubou Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    -2 whole wheat toast with 1 tbsp of peanut butter, and a coffee with skim milk
    -1 cup of cereals (Quaker squares, Kellog's mueslix, Bran flakes, Mini-Wheat...) with a cup of skim milk
    -Omelet with veggies and cheddar cheese
    -Greek yogourt with season fruit
    And sometimes a french breakfast: orange juice, cappucinno, french bread and jam, and fruit salad YUMMY!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    A large glass of fresh juiced Green Juice with fresh juiced apples, a liter of water, green tea. THIS, you can not beat. Enough Micro Nutrients for two full days, with 90-100% absorption, very little digestion needed to slow Me down, Energy up the wazoo, and a super charged metabolism boost! YES, the breakfast of TRUE Champions!!!
  • sar24
    sar24 Posts: 20
    Options
    Coffee w/ coconut oil, heavy cream
    Shakeology w/ Isopure whey