Question for the women

Options

Replies

• ZumbaWarriorQueen
    ZumbaWarriorQueen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Men's Mitchum unscented roll-on is the only one I've found that has any kind of staying power for me.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Try Dry Idea. I've used Lady Speed Stick solid for years and it works great most of the time but I went through a period a year or two ago where my BO was out of control (hormones?) so I switched to Dry Idea gel per the recommendation of a friend and it worked great!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Try out Arid XX. That's the only thing my boyfriend uses. Their scents are pretty unisex and they also have an unscented version if you just don't care for fragrance.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I was going to post a similar question... I can't use normal deoderants because they make me break out in hives and my skin peels off. :( I started using this organic brand (JASON) but now it too is making me break out in hives. Does anyone know of anything that would work for someone like me? I've been just using baby powder but it really doesn't work very well...

Maybe try the stuff from Tom's of Maine? Apart from that, you could try either the natural crystal stuff or the dusting powder from Lush.
  • monicamaz
    monicamaz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use Dove Clinical Deodorant... a bit pricy but it works great!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I was going to post a similar question... I can't use normal deoderants because they make me break out in hives and my skin peels off. :( I started using this organic brand (JASON) but now it too is making me break out in hives. Does anyone know of anything that would work for someone like me? I've been just using baby powder but it really doesn't work very well...

Maybe try the stuff from Tom's of Maine? Apart from that, you could try either the natural crystal stuff or the dusting powder from Lush.

I will look into the natural crystal stuff or Lush dusting powder. Tom's also burned my skin and made me break out - which surprised me.
  • chloebug1217
    Options
    Does the mens one work for you, I sweat alot also and the expensive ones dont work for me either?
  • msleanlegs
    msleanlegs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    The Mitchum unscented roll-on for men is worth trying. I've had so many other deodorants fail me, but this one never has yet in the 2 years of using it. Seems like if you want higher quality deodorant, it's in the men's section.
  • themelmac
    themelmac Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like Dove Clinical Strength, personally. In the past though when I was really self conscious about my sweating I tried Certain Dri, I applied it at night and *supposedly* it lasts 72 hours. After using it for a bit it seemed to work pretty well at preventing me from sweating too much, then I just applied a regular deoderant more for the smell than anything. I agree with the PP though that it does have a lot to do with body chemistry, and trial and error is, unfortunately, the best way to go.

^^ I second the Dove. I am stinky and I put the Dove on at night before I go to bed. I take a shower the next morning, so I don't have to worry about the white residue on my clothes. If I work out in the afternoon/evening after work, then I usually put a bit more regular deodorant on, but at that point, I'm approaching almost 24 hours so any deodorant would be failing on my stinky self :laugh:

I was skeptical about being able to take a shower in the morning and having it still work, but it works for me.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options

I will look into the natural crystal stuff or Lush dusting powder. Tom's also burned my skin and made me break out - which surprised me.

Be careful with Lush, too. I find many of their products to be too irritating. If you know you have sensitive skin, best to test a small area first.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Secret Clinical Strength for sensitive skin! One application seriously lasts for several days. I don't sweat and I don't smell bad - even after a ton of cardio. :-)

Dove Clinical is similar in effectiveness - but my skin reacted (hives) to something in it.
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    the crystal deoderant is pretty good. granted, i haven't used it in the dead of summer, but i've been satisfied with it til now.
  • gnzlsg
    gnzlsg Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    old spice stinks...surely for could have found a better alternative there are only tons to chose from.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Unscented men's gel deodorant.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I use a prescription antiperspirant called Hypercare.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

Be careful with Lush, too. I find many of their products to be too irritating. If you know you have sensitive skin, best to test a small area first.

I use a roll-on by Herbal Magic, another natural brand. In the summer, I keep one with me to reapply, or I'll keep Weleda's spray deodorant (also a natural brand) to reapply. Weleda's expensive so I don't use it as my main deodorant, just as a touch up when I'm out. Either of those might be better for sensitive skin. Otherwise, you may have to go to the crystal type or to homemade.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Strong enough for a man but made for a woman?

Old slogan. I think it's "Strong Enough for a Woman" these days.

Ugh. That settles it. I'm switching brands. I need something strong enough for a man!!!
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options

I use a roll-on by Herbal Magic, another natural brand. In the summer, I keep one with me to reapply, or I'll keep Weleda's spray deodorant (also a natural brand) to reapply. Weleda's expensive so I don't use it as my main deodorant, just as a touch up when I'm out. Either of those might be better for sensitive skin. Otherwise, you may have to go to the crystal type or to homemade.

Homemade is a great route to go, too. I've been working on finding a recipe that works for me. Another note on that... go easy on the baking soda in your homemade if you have sensitive skin.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    i think I use Secret Platinum Protection..

^^this^^ Antiperspirant, never use deodorant... not sure they do anything.
  • tigerlily886
    tigerlily886 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Dove works, but I don't think they have any clear ones.

I haven't tried Degree yet. I'll look into that. Thanks.