People who say "Hon"

Options

Replies

• homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

Not being a grammar nazi, so please don't strike me down mods!...when I say, what? I have absolutely no clue what you are trying to get across. It's like you used a thesaurus to try to find "better words" to describe whatever it is you are trying to say and forgot to delete the other word. Try again, maybe?

but at what cost?

Still don't understand. Are you saying you charge by the word?

Unless you are a published theoretical physicist and have earned a Master of Science and two PhDs, have an IQ of 187, and went to college at 11, research String Theory at Caltech, switched disciplines from bosonic string theory to heterotic string theory and reconciled the black hole information paradox using a string network condensate approach, worked on the string theory implications of gamma rays from dark matter annihilations and considered a method for optimizing a 500 GeV particle detector to this end, jointly wrote a paper on supersolids to be presented at an Institute of Experimental Physics topical conference on Bose-Einstein condensates, keep a whiteboard in the living room for scientific theories containing virtual particles in quantum mechanics or series of Riemann zeta functions, then no I will not ask you any questions.

I think this is Sheldon from Bing Bang Theory. I am pretty sure this is a direct quote.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    One of my friends says it alllllll the time, I use it only when replying to her texts lol.
  • TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You mad, hun?
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    There’s a lady at my Wal-Mart who asks everyone when they checkout “Has anyone told you how wonderful you are?” It use to weird me out but now I actually enjoy hearing it so I head for her checkout. =)
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    If that's the only annoyance in your life you sure are lucky! I'm sure I call younger women "Hon" just being friendly. I don't mean it to be annoying or condescending, but kind of sweet. I'll tell you what a REAL annoyance is -- ending your sentences with "and everything and all." That drives me slap up the wall, hon!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who hates it when people misspell hun as "hon"? Like "Nice job Hon", or whatever. It just seems like this really cheesy attempt to spell this beautiful word correctly.

It's HUN, hun.

that makes no sense.
    What exactly is HUN short for as opposed to HON?
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Er...pardon?

Baitings of any sort to inflame and derail the purpose of this thread's discussion however subtle is not only unnecessary but most inappropriate via this thread... :smile: ... I'm not here to volley aimlessly. However my post entertained you is allowed you to a fault - just as I'm permitted to contribute my thoughts as I choose to.

Back on topic@crabbok's "Wed 05/01/13 03:30 PM
    Am I the only one who hates it when people say Hon? Like "Nice job Hon", or whatever. It just seems like this really cheesy attempt to be flirty and drives me crazy."

Edited to add: @Superstar71 (2nd address)

:huh:

Seriously? I was responding to Chaelaz's response to your post. Since when is 'lmao' baiting? LMAO. :laugh:

:noway: Oops I did it again.
    homerjspartan: Listen, unless you are some kind of "Doctor".... you have no right to argue here.
    Oh. You are.Carry on.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ... Upstairs, downstairs. Agree ~ c'est ca.

Edited to add:
    whierd:
    How dare you talk to supan that way?! I will destroy you.
    ... :smile:
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who hates it when people misspell hun as "hon"? Like "Nice job Hon", or whatever. It just seems like this really cheesy attempt to spell this beautiful word correctly.

It's HUN, hun.

that makes no sense.

Attila? Only one I know. He was no hon.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options

It's HUN, hun.

that makes no sense.

:yawn:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I talk to a lot of people from a lot of different cultures all day. I find the different dialects interesting and entertaining. Being called "hun" is one of them. Nothing to get annoyed about. Just like sometimes...I might call you Turbo, especially if you're all up in arms about something I don't think is a big deal. Got it Turbo?
  • MissNieves329
    Options
    UGHH! Hate it!!
  • livingmydreams
    Options
    Most of the time I like it; it feels friendly. But I hear that it annoys a lot of people...
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me at all hon.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Well hon, since I'm from the South and we call everyone Hon, Presious, Sweetie pie etc. I dont find it offensive. Its a way of life.

and we quite regularly say, 'Bless your heart...' too ;-)

The only one I don't like is 'babe, or baby'.

Ugh! I hate being called babe or baby... by anyone else but my boyfriend.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    At work I once accidently referred to a customer as "Hon" because I was super busy and just needed to acknowledge her, let her know I saw she had a problem and would be with her as soon as I could. I said something along the lines of, "One second, Hon, let me finish with him and I'll be right with you"
    Boy oh boy did I learn my lesson, that woman stormed up to me and full on screamed at me for being so impolite and disrespectful and more or less what a terrible horrible no good very bad person I was for calling someone older than me "hon" and how I should know that I was an absolute brat and should be fired immediately.
    What I found funniest about this situation: her overall point was that calling her Hon was the same thing as calling her a child.... and her way of responding to that was having a full on temper tantrum (including foot stomping and other toddler-ish behavior) in the middle of my store :laugh:
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    When I lived in the South, I had to get used to women calling me Hon, and Sug (sugar), and all sorts of cutesy terms. It isn't flirtatious...it's just how some people talk!
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    everyone who hates that seriously needs to chill out. spend your hatred on something useful instead of on some poor little lady lol sheesh
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i actually had a convorsation with my coworker to see if i should start doing that to customers. he said there was no way i could pull it off naturally lol some people just talk like that
  • Camo_Man
    Camo_Man Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Those words don't bother me...Hun, Hon, Sweety, Sugar, Sweets...

I've been called worse things. :laugh: Not going to get bent out of shape about it and from my friends it is a welcome thing...It's a Southern thing that has spread and I don't mind it...just let it be...
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i always say "hun" but mainly to girls.
    to boys i say "dude" or "man" .