People who say "Hon"

Options

Replies

• BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    First world problems....
    Most the time people say it out of habit with little to NOTHING to do with the person they're addressing

Sorry you're not a special snowflake
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Granville_Cocteau Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    A Greek girl I dated, highly proficient in ways that matter, always called me "glikia mou"--translates roughly as "my sweet." She used gliki for short.

Y'all need better stuff to complain about.

With saccharine lips, -Word
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who hates it when people misspell hun as "hon"? Like "Nice job Hon", or whatever. It just seems like this really cheesy attempt to spell this beautiful word correctly.

It's HUN, hun.

that makes no sense.
    What exactly is HUN short for as opposed to HON?

THIS. Last time I checked, it was HONey not HUNey. :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who hates it when people misspell hun as "hon"? Like "Nice job Hon", or whatever. It just seems like this really cheesy attempt to spell this beautiful word correctly.

It's HUN, hun.

that makes no sense.

you are right. It's HUNny. It's another acceptable form of honey. There's even a pastry whose name is "hunny bun" I believe. So, I think both forms of the spelling are acceptable. You could be calling someone honey after "honey" or hunny after the hunny bun.

But overall, let's be real. There are much bigger issues (even spelling/grammar wise) to nitpick on. I'm just surprised and a little concerned, personally, at the number of people throwing the "hate" word around for something so silly.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options

It's HUN, hun.

that makes no sense.

Ehh pecan, pecahn, tomato, "tomahto", mom, mum

lets all just agree to disagree

Why oh why does everyone on mfp take matters seriously?

hangry=hungry+angry.

I'm going to send y'all a cupcake.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I absolutely loathe it. And it's always strangers, they obviously don't know what kind of personality I have.

Ugh! I hate being called babe or baby... by anyone else but my boyfriend.

Same. Especially by men. It's almost degrading. I'll actually tell someone who calls me babe "I'm not your babe".
  • ggxx100
    Options

It's HUN, hun.

that makes no sense.

you are right. It's HUNny. It's another acceptable form of honey. There's even a pastry whose name is "hunny bun" I believe. So, I think both forms of the spelling are acceptable. You could be calling someone honey after "honey" or hunny after the hunny bun.

But overall, let's be real. There are much bigger issues (even spelling/grammar wise) to nitpick on. I'm just surprised and a little concerned, personally, at the number of people throwing the "hate" word around for something so silly.

Ahem. Again, taking things much to seriously.

Let me spell it out for you. I used the exact format of the OP's statement, which included "hate", to emphasize the ridiculous nature of his statement.

Oh, who am I kidding, I seriously despise people who misspell hon/hun. My life has no meaning, and is thusly driven by such menial matters.

Now off to Cheeburger Cheeburger I go!
  • Sarahland
    Sarahland Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No one's trying to flirt with you.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

It's HUN, hun.

that makes no sense.

Ehh pecan, pecahn, tomato, "tomahto", mom, mum

lets all just agree to disagree

Why oh why does everyone on mfp take matters seriously?

hangry=hungry+angry.

I'm going to send y'all a cupcake.

Let's call the whole thing off?
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who hates it when people say Hon? Like "Nice job Hon", or whatever. It just seems like this really cheesy attempt to be flirty and drives me crazy.

Not as much as when people call me "ma'am". I'm in my 20's dammit! Don't call me ma'am!!
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I'm not really fond of any type of these such as sweetie, hon, darlin etc. Gets on my nerves.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

It's HUN, hun.

that makes no sense.

Let me spell it out for you. I used the exact format of the OP's statement, which included "hate", to emphasize the ridiculous nature of his statement.

Oh, who am I kidding, I seriously despise people who misspell hon/hun. My life has no meaning, and is thusly driven by such menial matters.

Well..someone took that as a direct hit!

animals_14.gif
  • ggxx100
    Options

It's HUN, hun.

that makes no sense.

animals_14.gif

Aw hunny...do you need me to bake you a cupcake as well?

Edit: I'll even add extra cream cheese frosting and hand dip it into chocolate ganache to make you feel even better :laugh:
  • falcon367
    falcon367 Posts: 116
    Options
    I think we should focus on something more meaningful like boobs ... this psychological stuff hurts my head. :flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    Options

It's HUN, hun.

that makes no sense.

animals_14.gif

Aw hunny...do you need me to bake you a cupcake as well?

Edit: I'll even add extra cream cheese frosting and hand dip it into chocolate ganache to make you feel even better :laugh:

Sure, I'll take one of these. Thanks.
    a.aaa.jpg
  • ggxx100
    Options

Sure, I'll take one of these. Thanks.
    a.aaa.jpg

One of these:
    Screenshot2013-05-02at75620PM_zpseebd6c43.png

Comin' right up!

Speaking of cupcakes, should've worn this to prom
    Screenshot2013-05-02at75636PM_zpsbe969a0d.png

Uh oh..will mfp-ers get offended by these pictures? :ohwell:
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!

its bugs the HELLLLLL out of me!!!!

Any word like that irks me! especially when its a female saying that to another female. UNLESS they are family, that's the Only excuse for it

my husband knows as well. im not a bitter person I swear lol I just cant stand the extra BS
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    What's the big deal?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    OMG!!!

its bugs the HELLLLLL out of me!!!!

Any word like that irks me! especially when its a female saying that to another female. UNLESS they are family, that's the Only excuse for it

my husband knows as well. im not a bitter person I swear lol I just cant stand the extra BS

the extra BS? O.o. So if I say to a friend, "everything okay, hun?" I'm creating BS?
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    When you say "people" do you mean women? We women tend to call each other hon. We don't usually call a man hon. I certainly don't. It's inappropriate for a man to call a woman by an enduring term and vice versa. Unless, of course, they both want that and expect that in their relationship.

As a woman, I find it sexest. I would think a man could think the same thing. But, as I say, we women do call each other endearing terms as part of our friendships.