My plea.

Options
13»

Replies

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    People, keep in mind that you can't read "tone" in a post. A person posting :drinker: might be interpreted as :angry: depending who is reading it.

Granted there are many different ways one can lose weight and some people are very passionate that their way is the only way. What are ya gonna do? :huh:

In my time here, I've never seen anyone "attacked" in the Success, Motivation or Fitness threads, but the Chit Chat threads require a little thicker skin. Take it or leave it. (My tone is :flowerforyou: ) :laugh:

Use this site in whichever way helps you achieve your goals, make friends and have fun. :smile:

And you can always ignore those that make you upset!

Kinda like the TV...people complain about a show.......well change the channel.

I feel everyone has a right to their opinion, whether I agree with it or not. Life is not all kittens and butterflies.

Have a great night sis :flowerforyou:

And we can say all the time "ppl just need to have a thicker skin" but what we are really saying is "I like to be ugly and cruel and the world just has to get over it".
    umm...now I think you're the one who's being mean and hurtful. You basically just said Shannon is "ugly and cruel". Come on now, you can't beg for niceties, and then turn around and be mean to others who voice their oppinion.
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    People, keep in mind that you can't read "tone" in a post. A person posting :drinker: might be interpreted as :angry: depending who is reading it.

Granted there are many different ways one can lose weight and some people are very passionate that their way is the only way. What are ya gonna do? :huh:

In my time here, I've never seen anyone "attacked" in the Success, Motivation or Fitness threads, but the Chit Chat threads require a little thicker skin. Take it or leave it. (My tone is :flowerforyou: ) :laugh:

Use this site in whichever way helps you achieve your goals, make friends and have fun. :smile:

And you can always ignore those that make you upset!

Kinda like the TV...people complain about a show.......well change the channel.

I feel everyone has a right to their opinion, whether I agree with it or not. Life is not all kittens and butterflies.

Have a great night sis :flowerforyou:

And we can say all the time "ppl just need to have a thicker skin" but what we are really saying is "I like to be ugly and cruel and the world just has to get over it".
    umm...now I think you're the one who's being mean and hurtful. You basically just said Shannon is "ugly and cruel". Come on now, you can't beg for niceties, and then turn around and be mean to others who voice their oppinion.

No miss I never called anyone ugly or cruel. I did say that when we tell ppl to be more thick skinned its our way of saying that ppl should get over it and accept us saying ugly and cruel things. Maybe I didn't make that clear.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I'll admit to being ugly & cruel when it's "last call" but ya'll know that about me. :bigsmile:

I don't think it's cruelty offering a differing opinion, but sunshine/puppies/unicorns & rainbows to all! :love:

Everyone enjoy the rest of your weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options

I think Shannon is beautiful and I bet she has been to the repair shop with many rose pedal clogged vacuums. :love:

p.s. might be time for a leaf blower.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I think Shannon is beautiful and I bet she has been to the repair shop with many rose pedal clogged vacuums. :love:

p.s. might be time for a leaf blower.

God Bless you. You are doing a wonderful job on your weight loss journey. :flowerforyou:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,722 Member
    Options
    I have been in combat miss, trust me I know that life isn't all kittens and butterflies. But we can hand out more sweet tea than lemonade if we chose to. And we can say all the time "ppl just need to have a thicker skin" but what we are really saying is "I like to be ugly and cruel and the world just has to get over it". Won't hurt me but thats a sad way to live.
    But I :heart: lemonade! :drinker:
  • charm13s
    charm13s Posts: 9
    Options
    Kudos!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Great post Ed and it certainly gave me something to think about today. I am guilty of sometimes typing and hitting "reply" before stopping to think about where someone might be in their journey or in their life. I have a hot temper and sometimes don't use the control that I should. I appreciate your kind words today as well as your bravery for being so honest and transparent... it takes amazing courage.

Thanks again... and have a blessed day!
  • donya35
    donya35 Posts: 166
    Options
    I haven't been here long enough to see any cruelty....but I'm sure it exhists here. Unfortunately, cruelty and ugly words are everywhere and I'm not saying that that makes it okay...because it doesn't.:noway:

It's been my experience (not here on MFP) that some people don't recognize what we might consider to be rude, hateful, condescending, or cruel to be that. I've known people who say that, "well that's just how they are and you need to deal with it." I've even had people say, "Jesus said to be honest, you asked for my honest opinion and blah blah blah" where they proceed to tear you apart emotionally and think nothing of it. Some feel that it's a sense of entitlement, that because they are who they are it makes okay to be rude and hurtful. I've encountered people who say that if I can't handle what they said, then that's my problem.

Overall, I think that there's not a whole lot of accountability, and that people just don't stop to consider the other's person life or position that they're in. That old phrase, "you can't really understand someone else unless you walk a mile in their shoes" holds so much truth. What one person may consider to be the worst for them, might seem insignificant to another, and therefor it makes it "easier" for the other person to dismiss the first one's feelings. Everyone takes their own situations to heart, and not everyone else takes everyone else's situations to heart. It's a fact of life....and again, I'm not saying that makes it right. :noway:

Kudos to Ed for this post though!!! I think that if everyone was just a little nicer, perhaps the world would be a little better. But maybe I'm niave.:ohwell: