What food do you miss eating the most?

Options

Replies

• jaymesjourney
    Options

^^ This is why completely eliminating your fave foods from your day-to-day eating is not sustainable in the long run, and why people end up binging or giving up altogether. Learn to incorporate the foods you love NOW (whether this means eating smaller portions or simply planning your days more effectively), so you can continue eating like a normal person in the future after you've reached your weight loss goals.

^^THIS exactly!!! I'm not on a diet I'm doing a lifestyle change. I still enjoy my klondike bar every other night and make sure that it fits into my calorie range for the day. I still go out to eat but I immediately ask for a to go box and put half of it away. I'm not going to give up foods I love because it wouldn't work in the long haul!
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I haven't completely given anything up, but I know there are certain things I cannot have in my house. I only eat them at restaurants or when I visit someone. I have no self control.

#1 is bagels. God, I miss eating bagels. Toasted with butter. Maybe make it into an egg and cheese sandwich. *sigh*

Forget chocolate. Give me French bread, pizza crust, pita chips, waffles, etc etc. I'd rather have simple carbs than anything.
  • dmkirk28
    dmkirk28 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I eat anything I want with portion control. It works.
  • islander029
    islander029 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bread & butter!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    None. If I want it, I eat it. If it fits my macros, I eat it. Or else, I run a little more.:drinker:
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    sesame chicken... Once I reach my 10lb milestone, i'm ordering it! And No one will stop me :-) muhahahaha
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I don't miss anything. I don't believe in depriving myself. But I will say of the things I gave up eating I am now repelled and disgusted by them.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Currently on a self imposed Dominos and Pizza Hut ban until 23 June (my birthday). The cravings have mostly gone away, but Dominos know my email address and phone number and keep sending me tempting messages, like an ex that just won't go away... :love:
  • PandaPudges
    PandaPudges Posts: 45
    Options
    Only thing I've given up for the most part is cheese and butter and I don't miss either of those... and still eat them on occasion. It's not possible to maintain a long-term regime if you cut out all the good stuff and then eventually fall off the wagon and eat them so much you gain all the weight back. Balance is the key to long-term fitness.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I don't miss any particular food, but I do miss just eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I miss being clueless about nutrition and its impact on my body and my health.
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    the only thing I cut out was regular coke....and I do not miss that....

if I cut out foods I loved....I would fail miserably.....this is not a diet its a lifestyle change...I am not setting myself up for failure....I just eat what I like but I eat reasonable amounts of it....I do not go overboard with food.
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My bf eats curry with rice & bread at least 6 days a week and pizza on a weekend and he weighs less than 160lbs.

Im with the others that say I don't miss anything because I am not on a diet and have not restricted my range of foods
  • elizabethbeegle
    Options
    Mexican food,and Fried chicken
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    fetuchini alfredo ...I used to house that **** ...now I avoid it ..

But like some others have said I still have a little ice cream, pizza, etc from time to time..i just make sure it fits into my calorie and macro goal..
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    donuts, if donut stores only sold one kind. those displays are like walking into heaven...or hell
  • mo1700
    mo1700 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I haven't given anything up, but try to eat in moderation!

Curry I make my own from scratch and to be honest its nicer than a take away, I'm a vegetarian so I make a yummy chick pea curry which is really low in calorie I just have to be careful what I have with it, ie: rice, naan, pappadoms etc. so I limit that.

Pizza again I make my own and it is delish, take one wrap, spread on tomato puree and low fat soft cheese, add roasted vegetables with herbs and low fat mozarella cheese, takes about 5 mins to cook and I have it with salad, yum! The beauty of this is you can add what you want depending on how many calories you want to spend but make sure you precook any roasted veg etc. as its not in the oven long enough to cook the veggies.

Hope this helps and good luck.
  • ac_boubou
    ac_boubou Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I still eat what I want, but knowing myself it's better to get away from all cakes, chocolate and deserts. I CAN'T CONTROL MYSELF!

Sometimes I miss the time I didn't have high blood pressure issues. I don't like salty food, but I have to check every single label, have to avoid many restaurants...it's crazy how much sodium is hide in food. Have to be careful
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    CAKE!
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Cuban!
  • MrsTorresisBACK
    MrsTorresisBACK Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Not a thing because i don't deprive myself....if and when i do decide to eat something that may not be the best choice i try to balance it through out the day or work out extra hard. It's the only way i've been able to bee sooo successful...

Although i did give up Fried foods all the way around and do miss french fries...I did love a great steak fry!