I needed that, thank you!:flowerforyou:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • misslaurie75
    misslaurie75 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you for saying that. I really needed that today!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Worth the read, and I will keep it to read over and over. Thank you for making the effort!

Dee :love:
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    1. Forgive myself for gaining back the pounds that I have. Guilt is like a sack of rocks. You can choose to carry it with you and it will make your task more difficult. Or you can set it down by the side of the road and continue your journey without it. I choose the latter.

Forgiving ourselves when we stumble is one of the most important lessons we all have to learn. We're used to beating ourselves up and quitting when we overeat. This is what stops us and brings us back to the old habits that made us unhappy to begin with.

I just wrote this to a new MFP friend a few minutes ago and I think it applies:

This is a life long journey that is full of ups and downs, but you will always be happier in the end
    If you Fall, it's ok!! Accept It, Learn From It, and Move On
    Just Don't Quit
    Enjoy Life and the Journey You are Taking

Thanks TFT
  • KABH74
    KABH74 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. Very well written.
  • kaubin97
    kaubin97 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Everything in life can be summed up with the sentiments in this post. We all get bored with working so hard for long periods of time. At first you feel like you are on top of the world, seeing the new heights you have been able to reach. Then, after a while you get cocky and overconfident. That is when you stumble. We all stumble as we are all human.

Success is achieved by being able to pick yourself up and keep going even though it is now really, really hard. Maybe your overconfidence and cockiness had you telling yourself that this was easy, that anyone can do this. But when you are tired and hungry and envious of others who can still load up on the double cheeseburgers and chocolate shakes because they never even tried in the first place, you begin to doubt your ability to reach your goals.

Success means learning to become a little masochistic. How do I enjoy the gnawing hunger? How do I enjoy my muscles screaming in pain when I still have another 20 minutes left in my workout? Enjoy it? Please, someone just shoot me now, I'm ****ing done.

You can teach yourself to enjoy these things, believe it or not. It takes something pleasurable to focus on when you hit the wall. I like music. If I'm so hungry I just can't think straight, I put on a favorite tune or twelve to distract myself. If I'm struggling through my workout and just can't seem to find the energy to keep going, I get myself worked up into a fit of anger. This is pretty easy, as there is much injustice in the world. I prefer thinking of the sweatshops in Asia and India and Southern California, but whatever gets you riled is a good place to fuel your workout.

The more angry I am, the harder the workout. It almost makes PMS worth it. :mad: Almost.

If you are going off track, and we all go off track, it is due to weakness between the ears. Just like any other part of our bodies, the mind can be strengthened, too. But it takes work. Practice focusing on pleasurable pain. Occasional hunger can be brisk and renewing. Sore muscles are a sign of accomplishment. Focus on the positive, away from the negative and you will soon reach your goals.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am thankful you friended me - You are an inspiration in words and actions!
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • Olguitabonita
    Olguitabonita Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    YES! You just do.....
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    I really needed to read this today. Like, REALLY! I'm glad I have you as my friend!
  • TrracyGirl
    TrracyGirl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you for the words of encouragement
  • lindaschultz45
    lindaschultz45 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! So true and we all slip and it's great to know we can forgive ourselves.....I find the weight loss is much like my faith....I love having accountability partners that help me along the way....not to comdemn us when we slip but to guide us back on the right track. Ask us how things are going in our lives. If we can't forgive ourselves....how will God forgive us? Kind of on the same theory I like to think of...but we strive to be as Christ like as we can....but we will never be perfect....so we are forgiven by grace. : ) Thanks so much for posting. Just what I needed today. :smile:
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    This post restored my faith in the MFP forums. Sometimes, we are all too reactive with bad posts instead of writing some "real" stuff that makes sense, and works. Thanks!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Really good post. :flowerforyou:
  • NHLeah
    NHLeah Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You need to post this every week. We all get discouraged that we can't be perfect on our diets and exercise.

You've got this Scott and welcome back!
  • UpandRunning2013
    UpandRunning2013 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that pep talk...Just what the doctor ordered!!!!