I Made It and Here's Ten Practical Ways How

Options
13»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    Yeah, these are practical and good tips. I tip my hat to you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

8. Eliminated non-essential foods. For instance, I used to have oil and vinegar on salads and one day I dropped the oil and didn't miss it. Dressings can kill the dietary benefits of a salad so choose carefully--lemon juice is great too.

Sounds great, except for #8 - you absorb more nutrients from your salad with the addition of a little bit of healthy fat.

http://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/research/2012/120619FerruzziSalad.html

#8 gave me pause too. As long as you are getting enough fat elsewhere in your diet it's no big deal, but I find salads without some type of fat are not satiating.
  • DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Bump....I totally eat when I am bored. Sooo need to look at this whenever I get those bored food cravings. Thank you.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Proud of you pal! Great tips too.
  • ocragal
    ocragal Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to share your tips with us. I have noted several I plan to incorporate into my daily life.

And a big congratulations for reaching your goal of weight loss and aerobic exericse
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump
  • susih23
    susih23 Posts: 3
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you very much!! This is very helpful!
  • sinaragaquin
    Options
    Well done!
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Good advice. How do you make homemade yogurt?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CherishQuick
    CherishQuick Posts: 145
    Options
    Thanks for this. I agree particularly with #2. I was in denial for about 6 months...started doing some "unsustainable" projects and predictibly got frustrated. I'm taking a close look at what is reasonable for my family and work schedule that will be "sustainable" and portable (I have to travel/move a lot for my job). Thanks again and good luck!
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and thanks for the tips, really helpful particularly the one about the leaving the next piece of food nor another 30 mins or something, while i've got better with cravings there have been nights i just have no will power and its wrong, handy tip! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!