Replies

• IFlover90
    IFlover90 Posts: 62
    Options
    Parsley tea. Trust me.
  • Islandgirl52
    Islandgirl52 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Jillian michaels has a recipe I found on Pinterest to lose water weight. Dandelion tea, real cranberry juice and lemon juice.
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Cut your carbs down to almost nothing. (Watch your fruit intake as fruits have a LOT of carbs!)
    Cut out as much salt as possible.
    Drink lots of water.
    Drink lots of dandelion tea. (*Model's trick)
    Do lots of cardio. No weight lifting.
    No eating after 7pm at night.

*You could do that epsom salt bath thing that MMA fighters to do make weight before a fight, but only if you are super desperate to lose the water weight and if you have someone standing by in the bathroom with you in case you faint due to the heat.
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My husband cuts weight for competitions and he starts off by drinking at least a gallon of water each day several days out and goes low carb/low sodium. Day of: he weighs his food and sticks to stuff like protein bars, does cardio and uses the sauna to sweat. A hot bath can help you shed a bit of weight too. Worst case scenario: use an enema. That's a quick couple of pounds. :laugh:
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    drink water! sounds crazy but i think it works a little like food in that if you have too little, your body will hold on to whatever it gets.

+1

The reason your tissue is holding on to water is because you have lots of sodium (salt) in your body.

Drinking a lot of water reduces the sodium ratio and therefore makes your body get rid of the water it's retaining.

You'll pee a lot.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    drink water! sounds crazy but i think it works a little like food in that if you have too little, your body will hold on to whatever it gets.

+1

The reason your tissue is holding on to water is because you have lots of sodium (salt) in your body.

Drinking a lot of water reduces the sodium ratio and therefore makes your body get rid of the water it's retaining.

You'll pee a lot.

No it doesn't
  • mlauraa
    mlauraa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Doesn't it feel a little dishonest to try to win a contest weigh in by doing something out of the norm to rid yourself of water?

I think I would want to win the weigh in with whatever is a "normal" amount of water on my body (i.e. not trying specifically to dehydrate).

That said, you've gotten then answers as to what will work. Best of luck to you regardless!

i have lost fat weight, like 3 pounds OF FAT!!

but since i want to be sure i win, i want to lose more weight (water), and i wont feel dishonest because i know everyone in the competition is doing the same thing lol
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Direx =p

(spelling??)
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Take a diuretic. Find someone old whose on Lasix and raid their medicine cabinet. But you didn't hear it from me!
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    1) Less than 30g of carbs per day (you'll be fine if it's just for 3-4 days, even if you're "against" keto as some people are).
    2) Lots and lots of water.
    3) Lots of black coffee (just watch the carbs if you add anything to it).
    4) Asparagus.
    5) Very low sodium.

I think they've all been mentioned, but those are all pretty foolproof ones for me. Someone mentioned alcohol...that's a mixed bag. It's about 50/50 for me whether I weigh 3-4 pounds more or less the morning after having more than a drink or two. I think it depends on hydration levels when I start drinking, what else I eat/drink that night, etc.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    pee.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I am going to advise against lowering your sodium if you decide to cut your carbs, too. When your body flushes out the extra water, it's going to take your electrolytes with it - causing the "low carb flu" symptoms: headaches, fatigue, etc. If anything, you might need to supplement with more sodium or potassium.

Dr. Mike Eades adresses it here: http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/saturated-fat/tips-tricks-for-starting-or-restarting-low-carb-pt-ii/
    "And as insulin falls, the stimulus to the kidneys to retain fluids goes away, and the kidneys begin to rapidly release fluid. One of the common experiences at the start of low-carb dieting is the incessant running back and forth to the bathroom to urinate this excess fluid away. Which is both good news and bad news.

The good news is that it’s great to get rid of the excess fluid but it comes at a cost, which is the bad news. As the excess fluid goes, it takes with it sodium an extremely important electrolyte. When sodium levels fall below a critical threshold (which can happen within a short time), symptoms often occur, the most common being fatigue, headache, cramps and postural hypotension."

Dr. Atkins knew this even back in the 70s, which is why he suggested drinking broth every day.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    ez drink a ton of water first couple of days as in 3 times what you normally do..day before competition drink half..the day of just sip some water...you may lose up to 10 lbs this way:) google it...
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    its a famous dirty trick that actors models competitors wrestlers body builders boxers etc. have done for decades to quickly drop water weight for weigh ins..shows events
  • almicazulum
    almicazulum Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Water! Reduce salt intake, drink peppermint tea or green tea. Works for me .
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Drink water and cut sodium.