May 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• betaleonis
    betaleonis Posts: 178
    Options
    Hey, I'm def in. Jillian is my savior, hehe. If anyone wants to friend me that would be great - just getting started with round 2 of MFP:)
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    Welcome to all our newbies!! :flowerforyou:
    Level One Day 5 today!!! Yah!!! I was really excited to do it today! I squatted more when I was doing the shadow boxing part in cardio. And my legs burrrrrrned.:bigsmile: That's what I like to feel! Then I know it's working!! I can feel it getting a little easier so I need to challenge myself more.
    Great Job everyone!! Keep it up!!!:happy:
    How did everyone do this weekend???
  • Jay_83
    Options
    Any check ins today???:bigsmile:
  • VanCityFit
    VanCityFit Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just went to WalMart today and bought the video and weights so I will be starting tomorrow...a little bit behind all of you all but I am so excited about it. I can't wait!! I'm just dreading taking before photos ewww.
  • mom2ady
    mom2ady Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday but I did finish Day 3 of Level 1. Some things are getting easier and others are still kicking my butt. Not looking forward to doing Day 4 today but I just have to remember how great I feel about myself after I do it and that is my motivation for today! :)
  • jodie3134
    jodie3134 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I did Level 1 Day 5 yesterday. Day 6 is tonight. Its still tough for me, but I notice its a little easier than the first day! And push ups suck :)
  • NaturalRunner
    Options
    Okay, my knees are HURTING!!!! So disappointed! All the exercises were getting easier EXCEPT for the jumping jacks. So, I did days 1-3 and rested for two days (which may not be such a horrible thing, I was just really trying to push myself since it's only about a 20 minute workout). I'm hoping I'll be able to start again tonight.
  • mom2ady
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 Day 4, 1st time I made it all the way through and didn't have to stop at all!!! :)
  • Jay_83
    Options
    I did Level 1 Day 5 yesterday. Day 6 is tonight. Its still tough for me, but I notice its a little easier than the first day! And push ups suck :)

I agree! Push ups do suck.:grumble: I still havent gotten onto my toes for them. all on my knees. I'm going to go do it right NOW!!!! Wish me luck! Level 1 Day 7 here I come!!!

Push through ladies!!! You are all doing great!! :bigsmile: And I'm proud of you guys for checking in!!! No stopping us now!!!
  • Jay_83
    Options
    Just finished Level 1, Day 7. I am so glad that I am doing this!!! I feel soooo good after!
    I noticed too if I bring my shoulders back more when I am doing the butt kick or jump rope in cardio, I breath so much better! Oh and something I learned also when I am doing the lunges with bicep curls, keep your elbow tight into your side. When you are bringing the weight down, extend it a little further back and it works great for the tricep as well. :)
    Yah!!! :bigsmile:

Drink Your Water!!!:drinker: :wink:
  • mom2ady
    Options
    Finished Level 1 Day 5 today. I made it through but barely. My knees and ankles are really hurting. I am going to see how I feel tomorrow but I might need a day off or just focus more on my upper body for a day. Any suggestions. Thanks
  • spykuh
    spykuh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i finished level 1 day 5 today! i noticed that i feel much better and don't get sore if i warm up properly beforehand (on top of the basic warm up jillian has). i've had time in the mornings this week so i've been going for a 20 minute run before, but i think i might just start jogging in place for 5-10 minutes before. i feel like im able to do the sets in 30 day shred much better when my muscles are warmed up, and it helps with not injuring myself too.
  • Jay_83
    Options
    Finished Level 1 Day 5 today. I made it through but barely. My knees and ankles are really hurting. I am going to see how I feel tomorrow but I might need a day off or just focus more on my upper body for a day. Any suggestions. Thanks

Maybe stretch out more before and after your workout?? A day off isnt going to hurt either....just get right back on the train the next day. Maybe ice your knees a bit as well. I had to do that when I was training for the half marathon....
  • Lisa_Pinciotti
    Lisa_Pinciotti Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group! Is it too late? I just finished Level1, day 3 today. My starting weight was 165, current weight: 162.6, and my goal weight is 135. I really would love the support and motivation from a group that is doing the same workout that I'm doing! Keep up the good work guys!
  • Jay_83
    Options
    I would love to join your group! Is it too late? I just finished Level1, day 3 today. My starting weight was 165, current weight: 162.6, and my goal weight is 135. I really would love the support and motivation from a group that is doing the same workout that I'm doing! Keep up the good work guys!
    There you go! Now you are apart of the group! :bigsmile: We are in the same weight goal etc! Good luck!
  • Jay_83
    Options
    Day 8 Level 1!!! I felt really strong today!! especially in my arms! The pushups are working :bigsmile: Even though I'm on day 8, I still felt challenged today. I give it all I've got. Feels Great!!!
    Hope everyone had a great workout today!!!:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • mom2ady
    Options
    Checking in. Level 1 Day 6 Complete :happy:
  • miss_metal
    miss_metal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, what is the 30 day shred? :-D
  • Jay_83
    Options
    Hello, what is the 30 day shred? :-D

It's a work out dvd by Jillian Michaels (Biggest Loser). It has three levels, of three circuits. it involves strength, cardio and abs. You do it every day for 30 days.
  • KathL1972
    KathL1972 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I DO!!! I am a Mom too...read on :-)

I'd love you have you as a myfitness pal friend. I'm not sure how the "friend thing work" here. I did this program last year & did NOT have success (due to no friends)! I really want to change my life! I've got at least 20 lbs to go but would do 25 if I can.

I live in the SF bay area (am 40) & have you very young girls (4.5 & 3). I gained all my weight from the pregnancy & never really lost it.

Please help! I need all the support I can get.

I do FBook, but never post...I'm too private so I don't really know the ins/outs...do you??

Kathleen :-)