Deck Party Potluck Recipes

Options
sunnyhlw77
sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
I have a work related deck party potluck, mainly appetizers and such, next Thursday, May 9. I'm looking for some healthy munchies, low calorie, low fat, NO NUTS (one of the ladies is allergic), hopefully no gluten (another lady has celiac) that's easy to make and hopefully not the regular fruit/veg with a greek yogurt dip, I find its been overdone lately. I know there are some great recipes, I guess I am wanting people to dig deep and recommend something. Thanks.

Replies

• jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    i made this once- easy and delish! chicken breasts wrapped in bacon (i used center cut bacon- lower in cals and fat, and used 1/3 of a piece per chicken. it has a light coating of chili spice and brown sugar to give it the sweet but spicy tang.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/sweet-chicken-bacon-wraps-recipe/index.html
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I made these for a work potluck over Easter! There a great app! There also great with store bought hummus, if your short on time! Hope this Helps!
    [URLcucumbercups_zps7ce8db6b.jpg[/URL]

Minutes to Prepare: 15Number of Servings: 12

Ingredients
    1 English (seedless) cucumber, peeled

1/2 cup peas*
    1 tablespoon horseradish mustard
    1/4 cup sour cream, reduced fat
    1/4 cup hummus

1 sprig fresh dill, separated into 12 sections

* I used no-salt added canned peas, but you could also use thawed frozen peas.

Tips
    We often turn to bread, crackers, or other whole-grain products as a vehicle to get dip from point A to point B. I like to use vegetables whenever I can. For this spicy, creamy dip, I used cucumber, but you could use any vegetable: hollowed cherry tomatoes, celery sticks, or endive leaves.

Directions
    Cut the cucumber into 12 rounds (approximately 2 inches each). Scoop out the inner flesh being careful not to scoop out all the way through to the bottom. Place the slices on paper or cotton towels to drain.

Puree the peas, mustard, and sour cream using a blender or immersion blender, or mash with a fork until smooth.

Fill each cup with 2 teaspoons of hummus, then fill to the top with the pea mixture. Garnish with a dill sprig.

One filled cup per serving.

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 12
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 26.6
    Total Fat: 1.3 g
    Cholesterol: 2.0 mg
    Sodium: 61.1 mg
    Total Carbs: 2.6 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
    Protein: 0.9 g
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    awesome, those look fantastic! If I don't make them for this potluck, I'm going to make them for us to snack on! Thanks bunches!