Body Media

Options
2»

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    It's designed to be worn most of the day. To find out calories burned in any time period- you use the slider on the activity manager. Am I being thick- I don't understand your problem. You can't use it incorrectly and then complain it doesn't work.

Use it incorrectly? I may have to disagree. The device is supposed to work while you wear it, not assume calories burned while you don't wear it. There are infinite possibilities why I wouldn't wear the device. From working in areas where any electronic device is not permitted to having to stop wearing it for a temporary skin condition, etc. So while BodyMedia suggest to wear the device all the time, they also say the accuracy depends on you wearing it all the time, which doesn't justify the fact it calculates calories behind your back while not wearing the device.

You want to blame me on me for not wearing it, sure, go ahead, but that won't change the fact and the reality made up calories burned is accurate.

And in regards of the other answer, about buying extra accessories to be able to select workout calories, it makes sense for the company since they will make money by having you buy more stuff. Then again, if I would have known this issue, I would have decided whether I would have bought the extra accessories or just get a HRM instead. I like transparency, I don't like products companies that don't explain everything about their products.

What do you mean 'buy extra accessories'. I'm talking about the computer programme- the activity manager. its very clear that you need to subscribe. I still don't understand how you can not use it as you're supposed to and then complain in doesnt work!!!!! If you need to take if off during the day then this isn't the device for you but you're not using it as its designed.

Also, do you realise that you can over ride any calories calculated whilst you don't wear it, on the activity manager. If you want something JUST for cardio exercise , then you need a HRM
  • jojoboxing
    jojoboxing Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've been using mine for over a year and I love it! It definitely keeps me motivated and honest. Besideds MFP, I'm linked to walgreens, earndit, and everymove so I earn discounts, gift cards, and prizes for using it as well.

I got a popup on my BMF dashboard for earnedit. Did not know about the other two. Thanks!

I'm addicted to this gadget too. Love looking at the slider on the dashboard. checking daily on my progress via BT on my cell phone to push myself harder. And i like the detailed reports.

Anybody using BodyMedia products can add me.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Love mine! Takes the guesswork out of how many calories I need since some days I am crazy active and other days too exhausted to move.