When you know you just CAN'T do it for ONE MORE DAY!!

Options
When you have been doing well and that days comes that you KNOW you just cant do it for ONE MORE DAY what do you do to get through it. When all the normal support and your typical strategies don't cut it and you are just about to say "screw it" what can you do to get through that one day and get over the hump?:explode:

Replies

• katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    think about why you're here, what happened to make you decide you've had enough?

think about the workouts you're really excited about this week, this month,
    or what you can accomplish
    just thinking about what i might be able to lift in a few months from now
    is supremely motivating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i27vhm9Dl-I

http://youtu.be/PJKz0JbEZcw

Jo: Why do you want this so bad?
    Carl Brashear: Because they said I couldn't have it.
    -Men of Honor
  • VanCityFit
    VanCityFit Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I come on MFP and look at the Success Stories.
  • katy_trail
    Options
    internal motivation is the best kind. it's all you. no one is going to stand in your way, but you. just get out of your head, and appreciate the little things. less bloating, less reflux, feeling happier, knowing even if you had a bad day, at least your workout was great bc you put everything you could into it.. treat every workout like this is your last chance to make a difference. bc it is. you get 1 day to do it, if you skip it, it messes up your rest days or the rest of your workout schedule. give it everything you have, and who knows how strong you'll be. how fast you'll be. in 1 month, 6 months. 5 years. you'll amaze yourself. you won't feel like the same person. i don't feel like the same person, and I'm irritated that i still look the same on the outside as b4, but eventually I'll look like the real me. keep making new goals, and smashing them. smashing your pr's. You'll be amazed what you can do that you thought was impossible.
  • GiddyNZ
    GiddyNZ Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are having a down day.. don't forget why you are here:

"I want to get in shape for my quality of life. I want to be able to be a better example for my daughter, and get out there and live my life to the fullest. I hold back on so many things I would love to do personally and professionally because of my weight. The time has come to change that once and for all."

Also, you need to set yourself up for success, don't cut the things you love out of your diet completely, remember you can take a day off every now and then, find exercise that you enjoy, something that just makes you want to go back..

Your plan, what ever it is needs to be sustainable.. if you make it hard to stick to it WILL be hard to stick to.. take it slow and easy and you will get there in the end.

All the best!!
  • katy_trail
    Options
    listen to or read the lyrics of motivating songs

this is the into to till i collapse by eminiem'

'Cause sometimes you just feel tired,
    Feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up.
    But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength
    And just pull that **** out of you and get that motivation to not give up
    And not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse.

"Remember The Name"

You ready?! Let's go!
    Yeah, for those of you that want to know what we're all about
    It's like this y'all (c'mon!)

[Chorus:]
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    usually when i get like that, i come one MFP to look at other people that have worked out. oooorrr i look up quotes that motivates me.

i even look up quotes that i have posted before or just browse around to find new ones.

motivation comes from within. you cant find it? keep looking.
    gotta keep in mind why you are doing this in the first place.
    sometimes the goals you have isnt the same goals you want anymore. so you should find new goals that motivates you.
    everyone has a different story to tell when they are on MFP.

dont you wanna tell your story and show your success when you make it there?
    or even remotely close to it?

feel free to add me.
    i post quotes daily at least i try to keep them daily.
    i find that it helps people too.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I've set fitness goals for myself, in my running and my weight lifting. When I feel like I'm not succeeding in one of my other areas (the scale, etc.), there is always at least one other category that I'm doing really well in. Those successes keep me going, and keep me from getting too hung up on any one area.

If I keep at it, I'll eventually reach my goals. The key is persistence. Even if you slip, just come back to it. In the long run those little slips are a blip on the radar.
  • bgardiner49
    bgardiner49 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I come on MFP and look at the Success Stories.

this
  • katy_trail
    Options
    remember that being healthier doesn't have to mean you cut out whole food groups and all your favorite foods.
    It doesn't have to mean running on the treadmill and doing what everyone else is doing.

The right 'plan' for you, is specific to your needs, your time, and your goals.
    It should be sustainable, and similar to your current habits.
    If you are just starting out, it might be better to change your habits a little at a time
    a few more fruits and veggies a week, leaner meat the next grocery trip,
    improving a little bit each day/week, its much more sustainable than
    drastic changes,

and after all this needs to be a lifestyle change.
    if it isn't, come back when you're ready.

the best plan for you has recipes and workouts you're excited to try.
    your plan should be so awesome, you don't' even think about 'cheating'
    because you love what you're doing now.
    there is no magical secret, what works for me,
    might not work for you, or your friends,
    but it doesn't have to be hard, and it gets better. it really does.
  • Viva81Diva
    Viva81Diva Posts: 148
    Options
    I do something different. If it is eating, then I eat something I haven't tried before. If it is getting tired of the same exercise, then I do another exercise (more than likely outdoors since I workout inside most of the time.) If it is negativity and stress from the people around me, I get away from them and focus solely on me. I just do something different, and normally that helps me come back to it with a more refreshed outlook.
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I try to remember just how bad I felt before I started MFP. I do not want to feel like that ever again!
  • imabigvegan
    imabigvegan Posts: 72
    Options
    Wow! Thank you so much! I should have clarified I was not having one of those moments thankfully. I am doing research because I have been down this road before and have inevitably had those days. I expect them and I am just looking for a toolkit I can use when I am in that moment.

Great ideas everyone!

Les
  • imabigvegan
    Options
    think about why you're here, what happened to make you decide you've had enough?

think about the workouts you're really excited about this week, this month,
    or what you can accomplish
    just thinking about what i might be able to lift in a few months from now
    is supremely motivating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i27vhm9Dl-I

http://youtu.be/PJKz0JbEZcw

Jo: Why do you want this so bad?
    Carl Brashear: Because they said I couldn't have it.
    -Men of Honor

Great advice. These were both really great! Thank you so much for sharing them with me!
  • imabigvegan
    Options
    internal motivation is the best kind. it's all you. no one is going to stand in your way, but you. just get out of your head, and appreciate the little things. less bloating, less reflux, feeling happier, knowing even if you had a bad day, at least your workout was great bc you put everything you could into it.. treat every workout like this is your last chance to make a difference. bc it is. you get 1 day to do it, if you skip it, it messes up your rest days or the rest of your workout schedule. give it everything you have, and who knows how strong you'll be. how fast you'll be. in 1 month, 6 months. 5 years. you'll amaze yourself. you won't feel like the same person. i don't feel like the same person, and I'm irritated that i still look the same on the outside as b4, but eventually I'll look like the real me. keep making new goals, and smashing them. smashing your pr's. You'll be amazed what you can do that you thought was impossible.

Great stuff!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Man up foo!
  • imabigvegan
    Options
    listen to or read the lyrics of motivating songs

this is the into to till i collapse by eminiem'

'Cause sometimes you just feel tired,
    Feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up.
    But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength
    And just pull that **** out of you and get that motivation to not give up
    And not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse.

"Remember The Name"

You ready?! Let's go!
    Yeah, for those of you that want to know what we're all about
    It's like this y'all (c'mon!)

[Chorus:]
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

*****Huge music fan here and I do this already a lot without realizing. Thanks for shining a light on it for me!
  • samsteve2012
    samsteve2012 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel, i have these days occasionally and eat junk food/rubbish but then i get back on it the following day.
    you have done so well, dont give up all the hard work you have put in :smile:
  • imabigvegan
    Options
    usually when i get like that, i come one MFP to look at other people that have worked out. oooorrr i look up quotes that motivates me.

i even look up quotes that i have posted before or just browse around to find new ones.

motivation comes from within. you cant find it? keep looking.
    gotta keep in mind why you are doing this in the first place.
    sometimes the goals you have isnt the same goals you want anymore. so you should find new goals that motivates you.
    everyone has a different story to tell when they are on MFP.

dont you wanna tell your story and show your success when you make it there?
    or even remotely close to it?

feel free to add me.
    i post quotes daily at least i try to keep them daily.
    i find that it helps people too.

Thanks a bunch!! Great ideas.
  • imabigvegan
    Options
    I do something different. If it is eating, then I eat something I haven't tried before. If it is getting tired of the same exercise, then I do another exercise (more than likely outdoors since I workout inside most of the time.) If it is negativity and stress from the people around me, I get away from them and focus solely on me. I just do something different, and normally that helps me come back to it with a more refreshed outlook.

Love this!