I just HAD to have a burger and fries tonight!

Options
2»

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I just go to the store, buy lean ground beef, and make my own. A turkey burger would never do when I am craving a burger. It is just not the same. Usually I will bake my own fries and sometimes I have Cascadian Farms' fries if I am feeling lazy. Been craving one again...
  • ElizMurphy69
    ElizMurphy69 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I never deny myself a craving! I don't care what it is! :-) You can always burn a few more calories or move calories around for that day! I have found that if I deny myself something I am truly craving I will give up. This time I have had the most success of any "diet" aka lifestyle change I have tried....no gimmicks, no pills, no programs...only exercise and a calorie deficit.
    ******* Another tip is that usually a craving is just that and can be satisfied by even just a few bites. Find a nice restaurant that has burgers and get that and some fries and veggies....divide it all in half and spread it over two meals :-)
    ******* Sometimes I take off the top of the bun and eat it :-) The bun is what has all the unnecessary calories in it :-(
    Good luck to you!
  • EniBee
    EniBee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    When you have a craving - what is a man supposed to do??! You did the right thing. Tomorrow is a new day. When I have burgers, I have them bun less. so, I get Romanie Lettuice, tomatoes and onions and wrap around the burger. Tastes delish!
  • Mrslldavies
    Mrslldavies Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A little of what you fancy will do you no harm :)
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I shall be doing that tomorrow. It's a public holiday here in the UK so we are having a BBQ with friends. Calorie counting can take a ........... for a few hours!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    It's all about making it fit and enjoying food. Good for you for making it work! :D
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Me too! I dreamed about a "greasy spoon" burger and fries last night and just had some for dinner...a greasy double cheeseburger, loaded with mayo, mustard, ketsup, lettuce, tomato, and grilled onions + some thick greasy fries and a big ole glass of ice water to wash it down. I usually eat a Gardein Ultimate beefless burger with the works, but wanted a real beef greasy fattening burger today and had it--hmmmph!

What I did was plan for it though, this morning--I'm not letting my craving control me, I'll have my greasy burger, but make my fat and flab CRY first and then afterwards--period.

I walked for an hour and 45 minutes (4 miles or so) then I rode my bike for about 30 minutes immediately after I got done walking. This evening, I'll bowl 5 or 6 games (2+ hours of bowling) and the way I bowl....it's a serious fat crying session, because I really move and bowl like I'm in the movies or something :laugh: Super animated and cartoonish :blushing: it's FUN! So I'll be burning to a crisp over 1,000 cals today, so it's all good as they say.
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    when I want a burger I will usually make one using extra lean beef, but really dieting is not all about denial, all that does is create cravings...eating sensibly is the main focus of this journey, and sometimes we will have what we want calories be damned. For example I make sure to fit in chocolate I like into my diet ( milky ways, reeses)...I eat the small portions ( fun size) so that it keeps my cravings at bay
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    ahhhh the fry craving :(

Been there (and lately a burger craving!) - Fries I fix - I get shoestring ones...they are the lowest cal ones in my grocery store. And yes..I stood there and checked every darn bag LOL
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    ahhhh the fry craving :(

Been there (and lately a burger craving!) - Fries I fix - I get shoestring ones...they are the lowest cal ones in my grocery store. And yes..I stood there and checked every darn bag LOL

I did the exact same thing when I went to the store. While at the freezer, for the first time ever, someone asked me if I needed help finding what I was looking for.

I laughed and said, just checking the ingredients.
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I did that last night. I had planned it on about Wednesday night. It hit the spot!