1235»

Replies

• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    No. Never.

Man up.

:flowerforyou:

This is the single most ironic post in this thread. Love it.
  • 2boned
    2boned Posts: 44
    Options
    167438o.jpg
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm so glad you posted this.

Despite getting misty-eyed at a showing of Star Trek last week, I'm not normally very emotional. That said, I wish I could say I've only cried twice during/after a workout. I think it's a combination of factors for most people. Frustration over form or weight during the workout. Maybe low blood sugar, especially if you're working out in the morning sans breakfast, as many people do. Not getting enough sleep the night before could exacerbate all of this, aslo. I know some people have mentioned coming down off of the "high" of the workout, which can be intense. Still other people have mentioned being concerned about what others think about them (because they're out of shape) when they're working out.
    I think these are all solid reasons that might contribute to weeping, but it's certainly not a definitive list. Regardless, I think you can rest assured that you're not alone.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Dude! ABSOLUTELY NOT its totally normal to cry!!!! 2 years ago after the Chicago Rock & Roll 1/2 marathon I cried! It was a huge achievement for me! 13 FUKKKENNN MILES! In 2.5 hours. I remember crossing the finish line tired as all hell and teary eyed and emotional.......... I collected my medal.......................I walked around looking for my friends and when I found one I embraced and just started crying like a baby..........I DID it. I dedicated that race to someone very special thats not with us anymore. I was gonna finish even if I had to crawl!!
    It felt good.
    :bigsmile:
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    My first thought when I saw the thread title was, "Ah--30 Day Shred, Level 2." Now I see it's about something else entirely. Never mind.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump... because I've experienced this ..sometimes before or during or after... thought it was me and crazy hormones.. maybe it was...but maybe when I get back home I'll read this and learn much more from you all. :)
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    A couple times after an emotional run or weights session; usually when I hit the wall, keep going, and literally give everything.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Yep, done that, but only once from emotion. A time or two else I cried from pain (injured knee).
  • micabrito2012
    micabrito2012 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I think two weeks ago I went for a run with my best friend. She is an officer in the Navy and weighs 145 lbs and can run a mile in 8 minutes. I ran with her I thought I was keeping up with her but she was slowind down for me every step was death and I kept setting small goals. I came around a corner and realized that just 7 years ago I could run at her speed and I could keep up with her and challenge her and that I am no where near what I was at one point anymore. I cried out of anger and ran faster. She galloped effortlessly in front of me and she was a whole block ahead of me and I did not stop. I even sprinted for a whole block just to get 1/2 a block behind her and then she turned and stopped waited for me and we jogged the last part. I got home and I was dying I was dying! I was crying and dying but I did not die and I made it. 1.5 miles in 18 minutes. I felt so happy! That day was so worth every tear.
  • jhc7324
    jhc7324 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I know this may sound stupid.. but has anyone ever gotten emotional after a workout? Twice now... once after the Insanity fit test, and just now after the Billy Blanks Bootcamp... when it was finished I was just uncontrollably crying. I have no friggin clue what sparks this b/c I have so many thoughts going through my head... glad it's over with, glad I actually finished it, etc etc. Please tell me I'm not the only one..

Only once for me. In one of the Max Plyo workouts in Insanity. With about 4 moves left before the cooldown I told myself I wasn't going to take any breaks. I pushed through and when it was over I sort of leaned against the wall sucking wind and started laughing without really knowing why I was laughing and the tears started coming.

You're not the only one.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I only cry after a workout if I start out really pissed off, upset or stressed out. That release is enough to make me crack! Or if I'm injured...shin splints, stress fractures, tendinitis, yep, I've had them all and they really suck after a hard workout.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Cried once on a a treadmill watching Undercover boss. :happy:

But I can see how one would cry after strenuous exercise, it takes a toll on your body's chemistry which ties to your emotional state.
  • adopt321
    adopt321 Posts: 111
    Options
    I think it's healthy and normal if it's not after every workout. It's a release of "toxins" or pent up emotions. I just let the tears flow and notice how and what you're feeling and thinking when you're done. You're not alone.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Nope. Even after I completely ruptured my achilles....
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I know this may sound stupid.. but has anyone ever gotten emotional after a workout? Twice now... once after the Insanity fit test, and just now after the Billy Blanks Bootcamp... when it was finished I was just uncontrollably crying. I have no friggin clue what sparks this b/c I have so many thoughts going through my head... glad it's over with, glad I actually finished it, etc etc. Please tell me I'm not the only one..

I often get emotional. Instead of crying though, I get extremely angry or calm.

Yoga in particular makes me want to go out hunting.

Ain't that somethin'?
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Been there.....it happened once after a really hard p90x work out ,and again after a really good yoga,...it's a realease of pent up sadness that I'm letting go of. ...and happiness that I'm taking control and discovering a whole new me,relax...your doing great!

this. happened to me once. I think I was overwhelmed at the time by how far I had gotten.
    Happy Tears :smile:
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    No one should ever feel bad for crying. It has to come out sometimes.

^^I agree^^
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    ME. It's only happened once. I had never EVER worked harder than when I ran my first 5k. At the end I balled my eyes out...no control. I think it just has to do with being overloaded with endorphins haha :)
  • StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    Options

You're estrogen levels are too high.

I concur. I was found to have higher than usual estrogen levels a few years ago. One of the symptoms that pushed me to ask my doctor about it was that I would cry during instances where most people wouldn't. Example, I would watch something on tv and see a daughter kiss her mother on the cheek. WATERWORKS! Turned out that I was drinking water from a Nalgene bottle that contained BPA. I didn't even know what BPA was at the time.

When I changed my bottle and stopped eating certain foods that contained high levels of phytoestrogens, the symptoms went away.

But with all that, the only time I cried because of a workout was when I hit the jewels while doing barbell shrugs. That was different though. Performing behind the back shrugs fixed that particular problem.
  • ashleighhewson
    Options
    It's happened to me before twice now I think. If I'm worn out and doing a really tough workout I can become teary. Twice I've started crying after a workout and have no idea why. They say exercise is meant to release mood enhancing hormones or whatever. I think it may be stress related though.