Include nibbling in food diary?

Options
i know this is a stupid question , but is there anyone out there that takes a nibble or two of their fav food or desert without reporting it on your food diary? I realize if you dont report every single drop of food you put in your mouth , you are only fooling yourself but there are rare occasions i will do the taste test thing without documenting. Very very small though. It gets to be a pain sometimes to record every little bite. If it affects the scale ill stop

Replies

• nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I truly believe one of the reasons I gained weight is from "picking" on things here and there. I log everything now. Even one M'n'M. It helps me stay accountable for all calories.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I try my best to log everything, even a bite of my husband's ice cream.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    You are right, it was kind of a stupid question. :tongue:

Log everything.
  • healthyeating555
    Options
    If i gain its a stupid question. If i lose im gettin over . Deal with it !
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

I don't understand this, which makes me wonder if I understand your OP, but I always notice when I don't keep my diary 100% accurate, I don't lose that week.

I'm actually considering dropping my daily calorie goal a little bit, just to make up for the calories I know that I'm eating anyway.
  • RJay64
    RJay64 Posts: 135
    Options
    If I can't log it, I don't eat it.

I lost 25 pounds in six months last year by logging food and exercise, sticking to the prescribed calorie max (by doctor, wasn't on MFP then) and keeping track of everything that went down my gullet. I was halfway to my goal of a 50-pound loss and got comfortable, lazy, cocky, whatever... and started to skip an entry here and there, a couple of Triscuits, a handful of grapes - not always bad food - then "here and there" got more frequent until I was not logging more than I was. FF 15 months later and I am back where I started + 15 pounds.

So for me, logging every bite is a hard and fast rule.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    If you're "nibbling" every single day, and on calorie-dense foods, then it may be wise to at least mentally be aware of the extra calories you are consuming. In fact, I'm nibbling on 1/2 cup of Talenti Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup this very moment.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    You are right, it was kind of a stupid question. :tongue:

Log everything.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    If you bite it....write it.

It all adds up, unfortunately
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options

What?
  • storm15918
    storm15918 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I usually don't log it depending on what it is. If I have a few jelly beans I'll log it, but if I'm stealing a small bite of the boyfriend's pizza I won't, which I realize doesn't really make sense lol. I haven't noticed it affecting my weight loss at all though. I also only nibble once or twice a week and only if I have a few extra calories so I know it'll be covered anyway. Just do what works for you :smile:
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    If you're way under goal, meh. If you're close, log it.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I actually don't sometimes.

If I'm cooking dinner and nibble on a piece or two of carrot, or have a small taste of something, I don't. However if I haves small taste of something, and that turns into a few bites, I do.

That being said I don't log any exercise other than what I do in the gym, and I do a lot of cleaning, walking etc. so I guess it balances out.
  • fluffychicken7
    fluffychicken7 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Personally, I find logging every little morsel a bit OCD, but to each his own. There is a lot of things I don't log, like the 3/4 mile I walk to the subway and back everyday because we are meant to move. Or the leisurely 3 to 6 miles long walks I like to take for fresh air on a nice spring afternoon, that I do not count as activity expenditure. If you feel you're gaining weight because you do it too often then budget it for it in your daily food intake. Its by no means a stupid question. Is more like can you deal with it, if you miscalculate even by one day?
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Nibbles have calories. This site counts calories.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I don't record every little thing that goes into my mouth. When I am making lunch for the next day and I measure something out that should be 40 grams and it ends up being 42 grams, I might just pop that extra piece into my mouth. Or I might taste something I made for lunch. Or I might steal 3 M&Ms. If I stop losing weight I might be more careful, but I am not gonna get obsessive about this.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If I have literally 1 small bite of something, then, no, I won't log it. If it's any more than that, I will.
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    I log everything, i've got to be strict or i'll slip off track
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I pretty much log everything, but I took literally one sip of apple juice today and had no idea how to record that, lol, so I didn't. I recorded everything else though.
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    I'm strict I log every drop in!