Disapointed at hitting my goal... Anyone else?

Options
124»

Replies

• trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I wasn't happy when I hit my original goal. I'm 5'2 and my original goal was 130. I got there and said grrrrrr! No! I lost 10 more and was happy. I was highly annoyed at the time but in retrospect I had no idea what 130 would even look like on me. For whatever reason, that was just a random number I focused on at the time. No one knows what they will look like at their goal until they get there. It's ok to not be 'done' yet. Nothing was set in stone.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Not uncommon. For most they usually have a "number" in mind and once they reach it, then goal will be reassessed. Think of it this way, to get better, you need to have a goal to achieve, so once you reach this one, it's not gonna be over.
    And I'll be the first to say that age isn't an excuse to hold you back. What holds people back is lack of determination and desire. Doesn't sound like you're that way so keep going!

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

As usual, this guy's post is spot on.. I'll also add that in many people, fat first starts to accumulate in the mid-section and radiates out from there... Weight loss usually comes off in much the same way... Yes, that last few pounds will make a big difference. Also the several posts about weight lifting and lifting heavy will also help as well to help you reshape your body the way you want. Finally, focus on the positive.. You have lost 82 lbs and have come a long way.. You can do this...
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I've lost 82lbs! Sound great and yeah I've been getting nice comments and recognition, for my efforts. My original goal was to get to 140lbs,(im 5ft 3) which puts me in the upper level of what is termed as a healthy weight range for me. Im now 3lbs away from that and I gotta be honest...Im a bit disappointed. I still have a huge amount of fat round my belly and it seems so unrealistic that another loss of 14-18 lbs will make that much of a difference to how it looks. Now Iam 42, so I gotta be realistic but I do feel a little disheartened. Has anyone else felt like that, after big weight loss? Maybe Im being over critical. :indifferent:
    Not uncommon. For most they usually have a "number" in mind and once they reach it, then goal will be reassessed. Think of it this way, to get better, you need to have a goal to achieve, so once you reach this one, it's not gonna be over.
    And I'll be the first to say that age isn't an excuse to hold you back. What holds people back is lack of determination and desire. Doesn't sound like you're that way so keep going!

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • meghanmfitzgerald
    meghanmfitzgerald Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I'm also 5'3 and 14-18 lbs does make a HUGE difference. I look horrible at 142 but great at 125-128 and phenomenal at 120.