5 things you have cut out!

Options

Replies

• 81meg1L
    81meg1L Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Have you found any good sources of info for "abandoning the victim mentality"?

Thanks,
    Megan
  • 81meg1L
    81meg1L Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Chloe,

I was curious, why to avoid the Whey protons?

Thanks,
    Meg
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    - whey protons
    - foie gras
    - soy protons
    - butter
    - casein protons

wow that's a lot of protons . . .

I didn't cut out anything, I don't believe in restriction dieting, I believe in moderation meal planning.
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    1. My weakness has been rice krispies cereal with too much sugar added. :embarassed: (finished my last box. done!)
    2. Going over to my co-workers candy jar for fun size Butterfinger and Twix bars.
    Other than this I just need to get back on top of my meal planning. I have fallen off the last few weeks because I've been extra busy and tired.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I wish I could answer "nothing", as to what I have to avoid.
    I've always been a firm believer in "everything in moderation", or "if it fits your macros, eat it!". But...

Unfortunately, some people have no choice but to avoid certain foods if they want to improve their health, especially if they have Metabolic Disorders. I have insulin resistance, PCOS and other hormone issues which make it necessary for me to avoid (or rarely eat) pastas, rice, breads and grains. Even eating them in *small* amounts affects me negatively, despite the fact they easily fit into my daily calories. So not eating them is a choice that I have made for my own health and my own body. I wish it weren't necessary, as I do love the taste of these foods, but when they end up making you feel miserable - despite leading a healthy, active lifestyle - sometimes you have to let them go.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    1) Tags off t-shirts
    2) Tags off pillow
    3) Eye holes for Halloween costume.
    4) Paper dolls for office prank

Hmmmm...what else have I cut out....

5) Oh yeah..dealing with too much drama. It's just not as much fun as it used to be when I was younger.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    French fries and fast food beef burgers (but just because it's too many calories for the food and I'd still be hungry, lol). I've had a couple chicken nuggets.

I honestly haven't felt the need to cut out anything.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    1. Nothing.
    2. Nothing.
    3. Nothing.
    4. Nothing.
    5. Nothing.
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've really cut out is McDonalds and I did that even before I started trying to get fit. I just stopped eating there, it wasn't like a "oh this *kitten* is gross and horrible for you" it was more like a "I'm too broke for that" LOL

Other than that, I believe everything is okay IN MODERATION. Even I have trouble with the "in moderation" sometimes.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    1. Nothing.
    2. Nothing.
    3. Nothing.
    4. Nothing.
    5. Nothing.

I am taking her approach... nothing is being cut out.. if I cut anything out I would probably cut someone.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    To be honest, luckily I haven't really had to cut out ones from my diet as such, more of a portion control and calorie counting and its been going good!
    I tend to snack on the chocolates as well occasionally! Yum! :tongue:
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    nothing! Moderation is all it takes. I still eat my dark chocolate. I will sneak a couple of my husbands fries! I believe that if you deny yourself you WILL fail! Your cravings will eventually rule your life!
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    1) Tags off t-shirts
    2) Tags off pillow
    3) Eye holes for Halloween costume.
    4) Paper dolls for office prank

Hmmmm...what else have I cut out....

5) Oh yeah..dealing with too much drama. It's just not as much fun as it used to be when I was younger.

ROFL
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    1) Bread

2) Sugar

3) Butter/Margarine

4) Fried food

5) Cakes and Biscuits
  • misslbd
    misslbd Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree with the previous post, that I can't completely cut stuff out, but I can limit it.

Since the beginning of the year I have cut out
    1) chemicals in foods
    2) artificial flavors and colors (including splenda in my coffee)
    3) farm raised salmon and mass produced (caged) meats

Now that I'm using this site to track and be aware of what I'm eating I know I need to decrease

4) sugar
    5) alcohol (hmmm this may be the hard one!)
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I haven't really cut anything out, but just found ways to add them to my life in moderation.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I don't have to stop eating these foods, but I'm sure it would help if I cut back on them lol.

1. Bacon - love it, but I eat way too much of it on the weekends.
    2. Cheese - tends to slow me down a bit weight loss wise.
    3. Almond milk - I've been slowly cutting down on it (also seems to stall me.)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    1. soda
    2.chocolate bars
    3. ketchup
    4. potatoe chips
    5.little ceasers chicken wings
    6. french fries
  • elle2bee
    elle2bee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Nothing at all. No need to. Just portion control, not giving in to cravings and everything in moderation.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I didn't really cut anything. I just don't eat/drink it that often. I kind of cut coffee....but I still drink it from time to time. I don't really think you have to totally cut things, just limit your intake if it's high in sugar or fat or has no nutritional value.