5 things you have cut out!

Options

Replies

• HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    There is no "You MUST cut out" list for everyone; because there is no "one size fits all". I have issues with sugar, gluten and dairy; but someone else may have no issues with those things. Oh and btw - I don't cut them out completely; I just try to minimize them.

I will say that I cannot handle high fat foods (again, I don't cut them out entirely, but I probably should b/c I get a severe stomach ache when I eat, say bacon or creme brulee)
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    1) Eating after I feel full
    2) Eating because I'm bored
    3) Eating because I had a bad day and I deserve a treat (still a work in progress)
    4) Eating things I know will make my stomach upset but are delicious
    5) Not sharing my snacks
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    1. processed snack foods (100 cal packs)
    2. all beverages other than water and unsweetened things
    3. added sugar
    4. French fries
    5. Pears - too much darn fiber lol
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Crappy, unsatisfying, lousy-tasting "diet food".

Cream and sugar in my coffee.

That's it.

Oh, and this:
    Shame, deprivation, procrastination, excuses, and self-doubt.

TADAAAAAAAAAAA

^^^ALL OF THIS.
  • Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    -Soda/juice
    -White anything (bread, rice, pasta)
    -Salt on my food
    -Potato chips (my weakness, wahhhhh)
    -ground beef
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Shame, deprivation, procrastination, excuses, and self-doubt.

TADAAAAAAAAAAA

this! SO MUCH OF THIS!!

I still eat and drink the thinks that I like...just less of it less frequently.
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Nothing!!! Everything in moderation. I love food and if I had to cut anything out completely, it would be a deal breaker. So instead, I just find a way to control my eating so I am able to still enjoy the things I love. A small fry instead of a large, etc.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Some people can stick to a nice calorie deficit and lose weight without cutting out anything... but I cannot...:sad:

Here's my list:

Fruit juice or any drink with sugar in it other than the natural sugar that I get from my kale/ginger/lemon juice I make or the lactose in the milk/cream I put in my coffee

Wheat because my body does not tolerate wheat- This includes a HUGE list: pizza, pasta, bread, snack cakes, bran muffins, breakfast cereals.

Refined grain flours- No rice flour, oat flours or other grain substitutes for the wheat.

Sugar, corn syrup, honey or any other sugar sweetener.

Anything containing the word "hydrogenated" regardless of if it says it's transfat free on the label. This has nothing to do with weightloss. I believe that all fat calories affect the body the same when it comes to weight loss, but hydrogenated vegetable oils kind of freak me out so I stick with animal and natrual vegetable fats!
  • Christinamarie77
    Christinamarie77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Soda, but I cut that out a few years ago.

Everything in moderation, If I know I can have that one small scoop of ice cream, or a handful of doritos I am more likely to make sure I eat well and work out so I can "afford" to enjoy. It's like a reward to myself and when I "forbid" an item that's all I want. It doesn't work for me....
  • Christinamarie77
    Christinamarie77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Soda, but I cut that out a few years ago.

Everything in moderation, If I know I can have that one small scoop of ice cream, or a handful of doritos I am more likely to make sure I eat well and work out so I can "afford" to enjoy. It's like a reward to myself and when I "forbid" an item that's all I want. It doesn't work for me....

I forgot, I also cut out red meat and pork BUT I won't eat it anyway because after so long not eating it, I feel sick when I do.
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    there's nothing I've cut out completely, but many things I now modify or have only occasionally. Because this is a lifestyle change, I have to eat now the way I want to eat for the rest of my life. That means going out for fast food or to another type of restaurant on occasion. So, now, i try to make the best choices i can but because i don't see the point of having food if I don't enjoy it, it still has to be something I like.

Mostly, I've modified foods that I cook for myself to be lower in sodium. It means I make a lot more stuff from scratch. Because my BP is high, I choose to watch my sodium intake. There are some meals that I used to make that I would rarely make now because of the sodium content, but there are some that I won't give up, no matter what - homemade mac & cheese is one. But I eat a smaller portion and serve it with half a plate of veggies of some kind - and I don't go back for seconds!

Everyone will find a way to eat that works for them - but cutting out a food just makes me want it more, so knowing I *can* have something, as long as I fit it into that day's macros, helps me not splurge too often.
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Takeaways (& Ready meals)
    Fizzy/Sugary Drinks
    Chocolate (& Sweets)
    Cakes
    Biscuits

I've cut most bad things for now. I still indulge in healthy sweets, cacao covered gooseberries is a fave. Looking to see what some clean energy feels like!
  • glyndaab
    glyndaab Posts: 1
    Options
    Just two things:

White Potatoes (they process once they are cooked as 100 % sugar)
    Sugar drinks (juice, sodas, etc)
  • mzteebell
    mzteebell Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    1. Fast food
    2. Soda
    3. Candy
    4. White Potatoes
    5. Sugar in coffee
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Fast food, soda, juice, mystery meat (hotdogs, cold cuts), red meat down to once a week.
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    1 Ice Cream
    2 Ice Cream
    3 Ice Cream
    4 Ice Cream
    5 Worrying about Ice Cream ... Lift Harder!!!

I LOVE ICE CREAM!!! :noway: :frown: :grumble: :happy: :bigsmile:
  • TOMEKA18
    TOMEKA18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    rice
    potatoes
    cake
    juices
    biscuits
    dairy
    black bean burgers
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Nothing is off limits. I just make it fit into my macros.

Stuff that usually doesn't fit and I don't mind doing without:

coffee creamer
    ketchup
    mayo
    butter
    juice

Stuff that I'll never give up:

coffee
    beer
    cookies
    ice cream
    rick astley

tumblr_m1mpatR2jp1qeqkz7o1_400.gif
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Nada
    Nothing
    Zilch
    Zero
    Null
  • spunkyjen7
    spunkyjen7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I can only think of 3 things that I'm pretty strict about....

I gave up fast food about a year and a half ago....don't miss it at all.

Pop - empty, sugary calories are not needed, thank you.

Recently, I've given up red meat and chicken.