after your workout do you always have time to shower?

Options

Replies

• majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I work out at home after work. I just go to bed as is and shower in the morning =)

If I feel super duper nasty, I'll rinse off before bed, but usually I don't.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I shower before I workout as I work out in the evening. Besides, I don't want to be THAT person who smells like sweaty butt crack, and for the ladies it is smelling like sweaty vag, especially if they are wearing thin yoga pants.
  • beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    for the ladies it is smelling like sweaty vag, especially if they are wearing thin yoga pants.

cFPOD.gif

it gets hot down there.
  • Mrsallypants
    Options
    Yes. I love walking around the locker room after a shower without a towel, and blow drying my junk with the hair dryers.

Wait, that's not me. That's the other old dudes.

Haha. Let's teach these young lads how to really get down. *puts one foot on bench while naked and flosses his crotch and butt with a towel while gyrating hips back and forth* They call me slappy, wanna know why?

Once in the locker room I saw a pair of whitey tighties on the gym locker room floor with the whole back part covered in brown ****. I looked at them in utter disgust, and one random guy exclaimed to me "They're not mine!"
  • Mrsallypants
    Options
    cFPOD.gif

it gets hot down there.

That would explain why women in the gym always have dogs following them around.
  • beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    That would explain why women in the gym always have dogs following them around.

Touché!!

ps: love your icon.
  • Amie_Girl
    Amie_Girl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Gross. Yes I ALWAYS shower. That is so gross.

there will be no shower shaming here...this is a place of support.

:laugh:

I don't shower after I work out. That would mean I would be showering like every day and no way my skin/scalp would tolerate that.

You don't have to scrub or wash your hair every time but it doesn't hurt anyone to rinse that stank off - especially the people you sit next to! :)
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

:laugh:

I don't shower after I work out. That would mean I would be showering like every day and no way my skin/scalp would tolerate that.

You don't have to scrub or wash your hair every time but it doesn't hurt anyone to rinse that stank off - especially the people you sit next to! :)

Well said. Your hair can miss a day from washing, but your under your arms and between your legs are not to be missed. This isn't the Middle Ages, showering is a daily activity today.

I'm wondering if these folks who don't shower after a workout work up a sweat. I'm drenched, to go about my day would not only be gross to me and everyone who I come in contact with, it is just poor hygiene which can lead to loads of other problems.
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    Yes. It's part of the workout.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have to just do a quick baby wipe bath until I get home
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I always have to shower after I work out
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    LOL>... I hate when I don't get to shower right away. I tend to sweat like a pig all day anyway, so 30 minutes after my shower my shirt looks like just ran three miles. I usually just grab a wash cloth and give it a lick and a promise until I can get the kidlets to cooperate.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I sweat like a sow...every part of my glistens...and many parts drip! All my hair is even wet if I have done intense cardio so....I ALWAYS shower after I work out.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

Some folks have children who suddenly have needs when shower time rolls around. Myself, you know it's like Newtons fifteenth law or something. A woman who wakes at 5am to get work out and shower in before kids wake up, will be stopped by those children because they will wake up at 5:15 preventing the peaceful workout and cleansing shower.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I thought women didn't sweat. I thought you ladies only prespired.

That reminds me of this one episode of Boy Meets World:

Cory - "Are you sweating?"

Topanga - "I don't sweat, I glisten."

Cory - "Well, you're glistening like a pig."
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yep, I always shower after a work out.

I see women at my gym complete a class and just throw a coat on over their sweaty work out clothes and then hit public transport (gym is in central London and is neither residential nor convenient for parking). Yuck :sick:

I'm one of these people. I'm in Washington, D.C. and I gym it after work! If I'm heading straight home why would I shower at my gym? Nope, my home shower is better! I do however bring a change of shirt and pants so I don't have to metro in my wet clothes.
  • cheyennekl
    cheyennekl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    When I wake up I go to the shower, I run the water, and crouch down in a ball like arnie when he came back through time in the terminator. With the water running down my back, I tense every muscle in my body, and begin humming the terminator theme song(you know the one - da da da, daaaaaaa daaaaaa daaaaaaaa) with my eyes closed. I slowly rise while still humming, and after I finish I open my eyes.

I know that for the rest of the day I can go out into the world as a completely badass, emotionless cyborg. Alpha as ****, I won't give a **** what anyone thinks. If I want to wear my leather jacket to college, I will.

:laugh: Bahaha love this!
  • eperex
    eperex Posts: 86
    Options
    yup
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    I generally do because I have to go straight to work after - if I don't have time, then baby wipes, deodorant and perfume are my friends.

I totally get the kid thing though, their timing is always impeccable.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I do, because I work out at home and I don't have kids. I feel all gross if I sit around in my workout clothes for too long.