Is being a jealous woman something wrong?

Options

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think jealousy is wrong and I don't think it's normal at all. I think jealousy is, ummmm...let's see--how can I say this....

I think jealousy is ugly. I think jealousy makes one ugly inside and outside (no matter how one tries to hide the wickedness of jealousy--honey it comes out and when you least expect it too), and also jealousy brings with it the dreaded bitterness, which I detest. Bitterness is also so ugly--it can literally make you sick. Someone here said "jealousy is weakness" or something like that and I agree. See, I like to be in control of myself and I LOVE being happy and joyful and powerful when I think about jealousy...I think of being outta control and all hateful, bitter and again....ugly. I love to be light and pretty inside and out--to/for me...jealousy makes this impossible.

Plus, everyone I know that's jealous (I don't care of what) are people I don't like to be around--because they leave an "air" about them that's not only a turn-off, but again...it's ugly.

The cure for jealousy is to be genuinely GLAD for the good that people are or have. Being happy for them because of who they are or what they have. The only way to be rid of jealousy is to see it for the ugliness it truly is and makes us and LOVE the person you are jealous of. If you are in a situation where the person of your jealousy is causing you to stumble--you need to ask them to forgive you for thinking poorly of them and leave them alone--wishing them well though. You can do it--it's a choice!
  • Pamella513
    Pamella513 Posts: 72
    Options
    Like most others have said....it depends on what you're jealous of.

Being jealous of what others do for a living, how much money they make, what house they live in, what car they drive, what they look like, what they wear, etc. is a waste of time. Being jealous of someone over those types of things would mean that I believe they're better than me.....and I don't believe anybody is (nor am I better than anyone else). When Angelina Jolie has the stomach flu, she looks just as gnarly as the rest of us do when we have it.

I am, however, jealous of people who have strong family relationships. I don't have that. Neither does my husband. We've tried....to no avail. When people say they're looking forward to going to their mom's house for dinner.....or to the game with their dad, I have no idea what that's like. It stinks...but....lesson there is what type of family relations to not build with our kids.

Lastly, there's no way I'd be jealous of any woman trying to catch my husband's eye. I'd be too busy trying to find a place to hide the evidence....no time for jealousy. : )
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Like, I am. Even though I try to hide it because it makes me feel inferior. How about you people?

Sorry for not being specific. Jealousy in general, could be about your partner, family, friends, teacher, goals, etc.

It's lesbian tendencies. You actuall want her. It's okay.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    It happens, it depends on the severity. If your man(or woman) is running up to the store and you wonder what he is doing then yeah that may not be OK. However, if he(or she) is constantly making you feel jealous you have to think about some things. My whole philosophy is I don't do anything I wouldn't be OK with my wife doing. If I want to go hang out with some single girls (which I don't) then I better be ok with her hanging out with a group of single guys.

you're my favorite person ever. I always tell my boyfriend that if he wants me to be okay with him going to a strip club, then he should be okay with me working at that club. lol. I don't mind strip clubs at all, but it just kinda puts it in a new perspective.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Jealous of other women, jealous of what others have or jealous within a relationship? What specifically?

Much of my day is taken up by being totes jel jel of JustAmyDawn.

I miss yoooooooouuuu!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Isn't jealousy defined as an emotional disdain towards others having/getting/achieving things that you can't? IMO, it's petty, but that's just me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Isn't jealousy defined as an emotional disdain towards others having/getting/achieving things that you can't? IMO, it's petty, but that's just me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Not just you. I can have/get/achieve whatever I want. Everyone can. :smile:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Jealousy is weakness.

That or its called giving a ****

So true, plus once you have been cheated on more than once you are kind of gun shy (talking from experience)

Unfortuately, I can relate to that.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    people confuse jealousy and envy and insecurity all the time.

I envy Mirey Gal's abs. I wish I had abs like Mirey Gal.
    I am not jealous of Mirey Gal. I have no negative feelins about Mirey Gal.

I am insecure about my softish belly because there is so much pressure in our culture for women to be thin.
    I am not jealous of thin women with abs, I do not have negative feelings about thin women with abs. My negative feelings about my own body is something I need to work on.

Jealousy is the fear of someone taking something from you and it is a negative feeling directed at a specific threat. A classic example is your boyfriend spends time with another woman and you fear that he will leave you for the other woman. You become jealous of that woman. Maybe you envy her body. Maybe you are insecure about your body. But your feelings towards her are negative because you are jealous and perceive her as a threat. This is not healthy, not ok, and something that you need to work on in one way or another as it is destructive to carry those feelings around. Either your jealousy is unfounded, or your relationship needs work.

Capiche?

Very well said
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Like, I am. Even though I try to hide it because it makes me feel inferior. How about you people?

Sorry for not being specific. Jealousy in general, could be about your partner, family, friends, teacher, goals, etc.

My eyes must be really blurry from work because I thought that read "teacher, goats, etc."
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Jealousy is an indicator of lack of trust (when in a relationship) and an indicator of insecurity (when in terms of envy).
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I like a little jealousy, makes me feel like they still care...
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It's when people are unaware of their jealousy it can really become a problem
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Funny that women are generally more jealous than guys and I blame girls who thrive on making other women jealous of them. Its a dumb game that some women don't grow out of from middle school.. competing to be the "hot girl" the "skinny girl" the "girl all the guys want". I think I have tried my best to get that through my daughters head over the years and she is awesome! She is beautiful, smart, tries to keep attention away from herself.. yet guys love her. because she is REAL and doesn't play into drama.

However, in a relationship, it is natural to feel jealous at times if you give a sh** like a previous post said. If you respect yourself you will demand respect from your partner and if you have that, then you will have less moments of feeling inferior. just don't let it consume you to the point that it controls your life and ruins your relationships. always know that no matter what your guy/girl does YOU will be ok either way and life always goes on. :) no situation can be controlled or changed by jealousy. it can poison the soul if it consumes you.

This.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I like a little jealousy, makes me feel like they still care...

But they should show you they care in ways OTHER than being jealous. That's the way high school girls think. . . I'm going to make him jealous to see if he still cares about me. . .
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Jealousy in a relationship usually means some kind of imbalance of power and the only way I fixed that was by ditching that guy and ending up in a more stable relationship. Jealousy about other people's accomplishments usually means I am unhappy with something in my own life and I need to work on myself. When I am feeling productive and happy and meeting my own goals, I don't feel jealous of other people and their successes.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Jealousy is a lack of trust. It doesn't indicate that someone cares about you. It indicates that they don't believe you would be faithful to them if you weren't forced to by their constant snooping and tracking and questioning of your every move.

I've truly never felt jealous in a relationship, and if I did, I would know it was time to move on. A good man/woman has a way of making you certain of the fact that he/she is the same person when you're not around as when you're standing right next to them.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i used to be jealous of my boyfriend spending time with his ex-lovers. he has this amazing ability to be friends with all his ex gfs, and ex one night stands. and i was in a different country at the time, jealous they could see him, talk with him, hear his laugh.

now we live together i don't become jealous anymore, just possessive. MEIN!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Some amount of jealousy in a relationship is natural. Not great but everyone gets jealous at some point. Jealousy in general of other people is a character flaw. I have a friend who is so envious of other people's money it's insane! And jealous of women who have boyfriends, nicer purses, etc. That is wrong because you're begrudging them of what they have.