Goodbye -- Sniffle Sniffle

Options

Replies

• rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Stepson had a birthday yesterday and his wife invited us to dinner which turned out to be pizza with cake and ice cream for dessert. Easily the most unhealthy meal I've had in 2013.

Figured it was one of the times where you have to do the family thing. Kept my servings somewhat small and got back in the swing of things today.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    "Fit the cake in your day...measure it next time and enjoy it....I have learned( and it took a while, believe me) that letting go of restrictions freed me from obsessing about food."
    [/quote]

I like your thinking on this and I am finally able to do this most of the time, but to have a cake, especially home baked, laying around calling out to me every waking moment is trouble. I have thrown things away as well, but the easiest solution is to not have it in the house except for maybe special occasions when there are lots of people to help finish it off.
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I ate tiramisu, lemon merenge pie and Better Than Sex cake for a week and a half because if I didn't it would have been thrown in the trash.

I still lost weight. Sure, it was less than I normally lose in a week, but hey, it's better than wasting all that food. Not gonna lie - you should be ashamed. Should have just, I dunno, not eaten the cake you bought for your child? If my mother did that to me I would ****ing bawl my eyes out. That wasn't your cake in the first place. If you're so out of control that you feel the need to throw away your own child's cake so YOU don't eat it, you have a problem and need to see a doctor.

Shame on you. That's disgusting.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Really??? You couldn't have just given it to me? Sharing is caring. Lol jk :tongue: good job, OP :flowerforyou:
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Daughter had her birthday party Saturday night
    Of course there was cake and of course I had some
    Then late last night I had some more
    And today I am 1 lb heavier then my last weigh in because of 2 days of celebrations
    And no doubt 2 different yummy delicous cake

Well today I did a very hard thing threw every last piece of the cake extras that were in a bag (u know the parts you cut off to make the cake even) and i threw them in the trash because i knew if i kept having them in the fridge even if to save for kids dessert I would be tempted so I just threw it away

Great! Good for you. I did the same with the leftover Christmas cookies that we had around the house after Christmas last year. Even though I managed to avoid eating any during the holidays, I was afraid that I would weaken at some point (post-holiday letdown?) and eat them. So they all went in the garbage. Boy, did that ever feel good! And I spent the rest of the day in perfect peace. :smile:
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    You threw perfectly good cake in the garbage.
    2S8ctZY.gif

There is absolutely no reason why you can't have a slice at the end of the day.

The problem is that it could trigger a binge. I could probably have the stuff around now and not touch it, but it takes a number of months of "sobriety" to avoid eating things like that if they are in the house.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I ate tiramisu, lemon merenge pie and Better Than Sex cake for a week and a half because if I didn't it would have been thrown in the trash.

I still lost weight. Sure, it was less than I normally lose in a week, but hey, it's better than wasting all that food. Not gonna lie - you should be ashamed. Should have just, I dunno, not eaten the cake you bought for your child? If my mother did that to me I would ****ing bawl my eyes out. That wasn't your cake in the first place. If you're so out of control that you feel the need to throw away your own child's cake so YOU don't eat it, you have a problem and need to see a doctor.

The kids don't need it either.
  • mompom1114
    mompom1114 Posts: 10
    Options
    I think it's great that you did that. And at some point, you'll hopefully be able to have a small piece of cake, count it and just move on. It's important to learn to be able to satisfy those cravings without going overboard.

But you've got the right mindset. If it's still a trigger, get rid of it until it's not.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I've also given cake and regular Coke to the skinny neighbors next door.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Daughter had her birthday party Saturday night
    Of course there was cake and of course I had some
    Then late last night I had some more
    And today I am 1 lb heavier then my last weigh in because of 2 days of celebrations
    And no doubt 2 different yummy delicous cake

Well today I did a very hard thing threw every last piece of the cake extras that were in a bag (u know the parts you cut off to make the cake even) and i threw them in the trash because i knew if i kept having them in the fridge even if to save for kids dessert I would be tempted so I just threw it away

cXuIf76UHkyQwWI0uVkmFg2.gif&size=400x1000
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

I don't think you understand how addictive sweets are for some people. She did the right thing.
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I don't need my Nintendo WiiU. Wanna throw it in the trash because you pulled a muscle playing my game and won't stop playing it? I should hope not, because it's NOT yours, and it was a GIFT.

You people either don't have children, were born with silver spoons up your rears, or are just plain crazy vegan health nuts who think the world's ending because a cow farted.

Disgusting. Bye.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    NSV!! :)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I don't need my Nintendo WiiU. Wanna throw it in the trash because you pulled a muscle playing my game and won't stop playing it? I should hope not, because it's NOT yours, and it was a GIFT.

You people either don't have children, were born with silver spoons up your rears, or are just plain crazy vegan health nuts who think the world's ending because a cow farted.

Disgusting. Bye.

You mad?

Your comments are completely uncalled for and dramatic.

who said her daughter didnt have several servings? i am sure she enjoyed the cake.

Even though I commented that would measure and keep the cake, I am offended by your ridiculousness here.

wow.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

Disgusting. Bye.

Wait, what??
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Disgusting. Bye.

You mad?

who said her daughter didnt have several servings? i am sure she enjoyed the cake.

Even though I commented that would measure and keep the cake, I am offended by your ridiculousness here.

wow.

Agreed. I personally would have kept the cake to have as my daily treat, but I'm not personally offended that the OP threw it out.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options

Disgusting. Bye.

You mad?

wow.
    Not to mention the OP said she threw away the cake extras. The parts you cut off to make it pretty. Not her daughters birthday cake. Someone that gets this upset over a minor issue like this is clearly one candle short of a birthday cake themselves.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

Disgusting. Bye.
    Oh, get over yourself. Bye.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Disgusting. Bye.

PuXredM.gif
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

Disgusting. Bye.

Wait, what??
    I agree with Burt. :huh: