Goodbye -- Sniffle Sniffle

Options

Replies

• UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I've also given cake and regular Coke to the skinny neighbors next door.

Haha, same here!

Good for you OP!! I find if I have an overabundance of junk food in my house I don't touch the healthy food that I have. Grandma likes to bring things like that when she visits and sometimes it gets donated to the neighbors..
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't need my Nintendo WiiU. Wanna throw it in the trash because you pulled a muscle playing my game and won't stop playing it? I should hope not, because it's NOT yours, and it was a GIFT.

You people either don't have children, were born with silver spoons up your rears, or are just plain crazy vegan health nuts who think the world's ending because a cow farted.

Disgusting. Bye.

Bye! It's not that hard to ignore things that you don't agree with hun. Also I would never play a WiiU, Xbox for the win! ;)
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    AWESOME MOVE LADY!!!

Way to put your health and goals first! Those kids won't miss it, and if they do, they will get over it.

You go, mama. This is a not a little step. This is a change in direction.
  • lizlkbg
    Options
    I ate tiramisu, lemon merenge pie and Better Than Sex cake for a week and a half because if I didn't it would have been thrown in the trash.

I still lost weight. Sure, it was less than I normally lose in a week, but hey, it's better than wasting all that food. Not gonna lie - you should be ashamed. Should have just, I dunno, not eaten the cake you bought for your child? If my mother did that to me I would ****ing bawl my eyes out. That wasn't your cake in the first place. If you're so out of control that you feel the need to throw away your own child's cake so YOU don't eat it, you have a problem and need to see a doctor.

Shame on you. That's disgusting.

The kids don't need it either.

OH FFS. Do you people not READ? She threw away the SCRAPS THAT SHE CUT OFF THE CAKE TO MAKE IT EVEN PRIOR TO FROSTING AND DECORATING IT. NOBODY THREW AWAY A CHILD'S BIRTHDAY CAKE!

sheesh.
  • lizlovestrees
    lizlovestrees Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Be proud of yourself! My boyfriend bought pizza yesterday and I had some O.O and of course I can't throw it out(he would kill me) so it's just starring at me! I've been up all night pre packing my meals for the week so I can quickly get in and out of the fridge without pondering it lol!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I don't need my Nintendo WiiU. Wanna throw it in the trash because you pulled a muscle playing my game and won't stop playing it? I should hope not, because it's NOT yours, and it was a GIFT.

You people either don't have children, were born with silver spoons up your rears, or are just plain crazy vegan health nuts who think the world's ending because a cow farted.

Disgusting. Bye.

In...

...because the only thing more divisive on MFP than birthdays is birthday cake.

Personally, I usually take a "fit it into your calories" approach, but I can appreciate (and have occasionally used) the "kill it with fire" approach too.

However, what I generally don't do is call someone out as "disgusting" for taking an approach that differs from mine.

Overly dramatic poster, I don't know what happened in your childhood to make you so angry, but I am genuinely and truly sorry and hope that you forgive whoever unjustly wronged you and find a way to move on with your life. This kind of pent-up resentment is extremely unhealthy.

:flowerforyou:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I ate tiramisu, lemon merenge pie and Better Than Sex cake for a week and a half because if I didn't it would have been thrown in the trash.

I still lost weight. Sure, it was less than I normally lose in a week, but hey, it's better than wasting all that food. Not gonna lie - you should be ashamed. Should have just, I dunno, not eaten the cake you bought for your child? If my mother did that to me I would ****ing bawl my eyes out. That wasn't your cake in the first place. If you're so out of control that you feel the need to throw away your own child's cake so YOU don't eat it, you have a problem and need to see a doctor.

OH FFS. Do you people not READ? She threw away the SCRAPS THAT SHE CUT OFF THE CAKE TO MAKE IT EVEN PRIOR TO FROSTING AND DECORATING IT. NOBODY THREW AWAY A CHILD'S BIRTHDAY CAKE!

sheesh.

"you people" is one person that is being ridiculous.

also why do you need to yell?
  • lizlkbg
    Options

sheesh.

Actually read back and you will see that a lot of people assumed that it was the kid's bday cake.
    And I yelled to get you to talk to me. Duh.
  • MarcPower
    MarcPower Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Disgusting. Bye.
    You. Are. Certifiable.

Bye.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    This.

Fit the cake in your day...measure it next time and enjoy it....I have learned( and it took a while, believe me) that letting go of restrictions freed me from obsessing about food.

If it's a tricky food, though, it's best to make it harder to get. If she actually has to cook it for herself -- like a mug cake -- then it's more trouble and she'll only have it if she really wants it. If she just has a whole cake sitting around somewhere, she may be eating it but not even really want it.

I don't restrict myself, but I don't keep my trigger foods lying around in mass quantities, either.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

sheesh.

Actually read back and you will see that a lot of people assumed that it was the kid's bday cake.
    And I yelled to get you to talk to me. Duh.

:blushing:
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    ive convinced myself that the food is disgusting and that it looks greasy n nasty, then i wont want it lol
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options

Disgusting. Bye.

In...

...because the only thing more divisive on MFP than birthdays is birthday cake.

Personally, I usually take a "fit it into your calories" approach, but I can appreciate (and have occasionally used) the "kill it with fire" approach too.

However, what I generally don't do is call someone out as "disgusting" for taking an approach that differs from mine.

Overly dramatic poster, I don't know what happened in your childhood to make you so angry, but I am genuinely and truly sorry and hope that you forgive whoever unjustly wronged you and find a way to move on with your life. This kind of pent-up resentment is extremely unhealthy.

:flowerforyou:
    NO WIRE HANGERS!
  • MariaHammer750
    MariaHammer750 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    [
  • MariaHammer750
    MariaHammer750 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've done this many times myself...if there is something that makes me want to eat more and more of it and I can't control myself with it, out it goes with coffee grounds or other yucky stuff on top just to make sure. Just a few days ago I threw out the rest of my spun honey. Great stuff but I had gotten away from sugary treats and artificial sweeteners and the honey, although natural, was making me start to crave other sweets, so out it went too. Wasteful? Yup, but better that than on the waist!.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

I don't think you understand how addictive sweets are for some people. She did the right thing.

The "shame on you" was a bit too much. She didn't throw out the kid's cake- it was the extra bits from the cake that normally get tossed anyways.

ETA: I just caught up with the thread. My post is utterly pointless at this time anyways. What was with that girl?!?
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    marshmallow10cake.jpg
  • ClaireBoe
    ClaireBoe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You threw perfectly good cake in the garbage.
    2S8ctZY.gif

There is absolutely no reason why you can't have a slice at the end of the day.

This.

Fit the cake in your day...measure it next time and enjoy it....I have learned( and it took a while, believe me) that letting go of restrictions freed me from obsessing about food.

Exactly. BUT! You know yourself, and if it's too hard to have just a small slice right now, then better to toss it out! I am very proud of you!
  • sacehel
    sacehel Posts: 3
    Options
    Good for you! Don't listen to all the 'just fit it into your day' stuff. If you know yourself and know that having it in the house will trigger you then you did the right thing. I've definitely chucked food before because it was causing me to binge or I knew it was a trigger. I have an eating disorder, I binge eat! Why not help myself avoid relapsing? Proud of you!!!
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh I just came back

Wow is all I can say

To clarify as others have already pointed out - I did not throw away my daughters birthday cake - She and her friends enjoyed every single last bite of the cake saturday night - I threw out the scraps and believe you me my daughter is not the least bit upset that I threw them away

You threw perfectly good cake in the garbage.
    2S8ctZY.gif

There is absolutely no reason why you can't have a slice at the end of the day.

This.

For the most part I use the fit the cake into your day method as I still enjoy my chips and other items that I enjoy - However this is just one of them items that kept me thinking about it

To the person who said I don't have any self control your right I don't - I admit it - THUS THE REASON I AM FAT TO BEGIN WITH!
    If I had self control I would not be sitting in this group almost 150 lbs overweight - It took me a long time to even come to terms with the fact that I am overweight and yes it's my own fault because I have no self control

And if you want me to be quite honest I would find it disgusting to myself to eat crap that was not needed for over a week because I refused to throw it in the garbage

TO THE SECOND poster you are absolutely correct my kids don't need it and they understand completely that they dont need it especially if they dont want to end up unhealthy and overweight like their parents - which is why my kids did not cry when they saw me throw the scraps of cake away

Disgusting. Bye.

Well your analogy comparing a $400 piece of reusable electronic equipment in no way at all compares to a $1.59 box of cake mix - However if you want to say it wasn't mine - My children belong to me as does everything they own regardless of if it was given to them by someone else - Until they reach the age of 18 and move out my house everything in this house is mine and I am free to do what I want with it - And if I thought a "Gift" was going to be damaging to my child's health HELL YES I am gonna throw it away

I think it's great that you did that. And at some point, you'll hopefully be able to have a small piece of cake, count it and just move on. It's important to learn to be able to satisfy those cravings without going overboard.

But you've got the right mindset. If it's still a trigger, get rid of it until it's not.

Yah another trigger is Nacho Cheese Doritos ... omg melted with cheese on top LOL

THANKS to everyone else who gave me the props for throwing away what is clearly not needed and I love it
    "waste it or waist it" I am gonna keep that in mind and putting that on my fridge!