How do you like them?

jasmineconley
jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
When looking for your next ex what do you look for personality or looks?

Replies

• ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    I prefer them not to predestine themselves to failure in the relationship...ie: "then next ex".
  • aceofspades69
    aceofspades69 Posts: 159
    I have lowwww expectations. And I am rarely disappointed!
  • jasmineconley
    I prefer them not to predestine themselves to failure in the relationship...ie: "then next ex".

While I can respect not wanting to be called or considered as the next ex most people are just that. It appears to be more prevalent in the younger generations. Love is something too easily thrown around then heaped into the trash. People don't take the time to work on relationships as a whole and base their love on very conditional circumstances. it's almost comical but severely sad if you look at it in a different light. Say if your love for your child was such as your love of a significant other nowadays, I'll love you but once you spill the milk on the floor we're through! See conditions. To be quite honest this may show some seriously shallow people. I'm waiting on the without looks how do they know your personality line :)
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    But when you set the stage that your significant other is just then next ex, you are continuing the cycle...This by the way is a strange role reversal argument we've got going here. Aren't I supposed to be the one devaluing the opposite sex and you're supposed to be calling me a chauvanistic pig?
  • jasmineconley
    But when you set the stage that your significant other is just then next ex, you are continuing the cycle...This by the way is a strange role reversal argument we've got going here. Aren't I supposed to be the one devaluing the opposite sex and you're supposed to be calling me a chauvanistic pig?

I call no one by any name other than the one they are given. I also don't devalue people or set myself up for failure. The next ex is an endearing term around here, but we also know it as a joke not a way of life. If I truly were looking for a next ex none of my relationships would've lasted years and now that I am single ( the man has issues with a previous marriage and has himself spooked and I am totally okay with this) I would be out roaming the streets sowing wild oats but no I'm not that person.
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    First, looks. Then, personality.
  • hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    I like mine scrambled
  • usmc01462
    usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
    first meet the parents and see what your other half is going to look like abnd if they are nasty RUN LIKE HELL N DONT LOOK BACK
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Semi attractive, loose morals, and low self esteem.

The attractiveness I can take or leave.
  • jasmineconley
    first meet the parents and see what your other half is going to look like abnd if they are nasty RUN LIKE HELL N DONT LOOK BACK

LOL smh
  • jasmineconley
    Semi attractive, loose morals, and low self esteem.

The attractiveness I can take or leave.

I know a few your type ;)
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    I have lowwww expectations. And I am rarely disappointed!

How you doin'?
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    "Next Ex"?? WTF? I have no exes. I married my high school boyfriend during my last two weeks of college, we've been married for 42 years. I married with the expectation it would be for life. I don't understand the "oh well if it doesn't work we'll break up" mentality. If it's not working you fix it, you don't just throw it out. Not unless there is abuse.
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    I am not looking happily married here. But back in the day, I would find someone who is fun and not pushy, not too serious. And when it becomes a drag, bye bye.
  • Stogie40
    Stogie40 Posts: 164 Member

While I can respect not wanting to be called or considered as the next ex most people are just that. It appears to be more prevalent in the younger generations. Love is something too easily thrown around then heaped into the trash. People don't take the time to work on relationships as a whole and base their love on very conditional circumstances. it's almost comical but severely sad if you look at it in a different light. Say if your love for your child was such as your love of a significant other nowadays, I'll love you but once you spill the milk on the floor we're through! See conditions. To be quite honest this may show some seriously shallow people. I'm waiting on the without looks how do they know your personality line :)
    Preach on Sister! Oh, a sense of humor, is a must.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Unless she leaves me, my wife is the last woman in my life. We worked hard to build what we now have and I am looking forward to enjoying it with her when we retire.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    if was LOOKING for an ex...I'd go the hot mess route.

I pre sort better than that though.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    I left one ex 30 years ago now. Met my soul mate and 25 years later ... he'll never be my x. I wasn't looking for anyone when we met and I've never looked for anyone since.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    No next ex. I am one happy married lady.
    If you want five fine ingredients, take strong, smart, funny, caring, and responsible.
  • falilvx
    falilvx Posts: 52 Member
    "Next Ex"?? WTF? I have no exes. I married my high school boyfriend during my last two weeks of college, we've been married for 42 years. I married with the expectation it would be for life. I don't understand the "oh well if it doesn't work we'll break up" mentality. If it's not working you fix it, you don't just throw it out. Not unless there is abuse.

if only i can marry my highschool boyfriend :( but we will never be together coz we're totally different hmm..