How many had kids that were "accidents"?

Options
Jackson4590
Jackson4590 Posts: 145 Member
I don't have kids but it seems like there are a lot of young women on this site who have children. Did you plan to get pregnant or did it just "happen"? A friend and I were talking about this and we would like your opinion.

Replies

• MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old boy, he wasn't planned but when we found out we were overjoyed, wouldn't have it any other way :)
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Nope, my son was very, very planned.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Mine were surprise Blessings almost 2 and almost 10 May 13th and May 19th :)
  • seths_milf
    seths_milf Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I planned all 3 of my kids. It annoys me that everyone assumes they were accidents because I am young. :grumble:
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    One of mine was planned, the other was a result of a sexual assault so no, he was very much not planned.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    We were to the point where we thought we couldn't have children and then four years later BAM, preggo. Unplanned but overjoyed.
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Both of my children were very pleasant surprises.
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I was on birth control and got pregnant anyway... but I wouldn't trade our son for anything!
  • Jackson4590
    Jackson4590 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I planned all 3 of my kids. It annoys me that everyone assumes they were accidents because I am young. :grumble:

I don't think that was the assumption. Most of my friends are late 20's and very few have kids and we were discussing why it seems that way.
  • RavenWolf1977
    RavenWolf1977 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have children ages 11 and 9 and they were very planned. I do not believe any child/pregnancy is an "accident." Any child is a gift, whether planned or not!

Sure wish I could have talked hubby into baby 3!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD, what a horrible idea for a thre---wait, nvm. I just realized it is TMI tuesday and MFP is the overshare capital of the world. Carry on. And break your comps before your kids learn to read.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids...none of them were "accidents", so much as in pure defiance of birth control. So, no, none of them were planned, but were apparently very determined!
  • mrslosser
    mrslosser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have three children, ages 19, 18 and 4.... all of which were "blessings". LOL :wink:
  • MirandaDeCrane
    MirandaDeCrane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'll 4 of mine were planned :)
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My first child was planned and technically we had plans for a second one but not so soon after my first :laugh:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    If you read the fine print, those pills are on 99% effective. So I feel honored to have kids in the 1%!
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I got pregnant accidentally-on-purpose at the age of 30. (Diaphragms don't work if you leave them in the drawer.) While it did get my then-fiance to agree to a wedding date, the marriage ended badly after 13 years. DS, however, is one of the major sources of joy in my life.

My nephew is in grad school at Georgetown with one year to go and was married last June. He and his wife are in their late 20s. She discovered that she's one of the women for whom BC pills don't work after she got pregnant. With twins. They're due in August. Fortunately, his parents are genuinely wealthy (I don't know hers). I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to make sure he finishes his degree and they'll be fine.
  • tanetti
    tanetti Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The first was planned, the second absolutely was not but he was the best surprise ever. They're 15 months apart to the day.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    This is a rude question. :happy:
  • wizwitch
    wizwitch Posts: 82
    Options
    Two were planned, one was a lovely surprise and turns 18 this month!!