How many had kids that were "accidents"?

Options

Replies

• fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Both of our boys were surprises. Crazy can't sleep ohmygosh what are we gonna do surprises. It's worked out better than I ever expected.

We weren't trying to get preggers either time, quite the contrary.

So thankful for my IUD now.
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    We were more "prepared" the second time around...but I'll call them both blessings, not accidents.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I have 2 boys and while they weren't planned my husband and I chose to ignore birth control when I got preg each time. So they defiantly weren't a surprise.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I worked hard to get my one child :)
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids myself, but I know several people who have children that were unplanned. Two of them were the result of a hurricane - the town was shut down so the pharmacy wasn't open for her to renew her birth control and she got pregnant even though she had never wanted kids. They are now working on a second. The other lady wasn't planning more kids (she already had two) and with the power out and nothing to do, their daughter was conceived. :laugh: The third's husband was supposed to be sterile with the medication he was on, but apparently that wasn't the case!
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I have one that was an unplanned miracle and a complete blessing ! I love that kid :) He's my mini me lol
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't have any kids, but I was "an accident" although my family always insists a happy one!

My mum and dad had been out at a party- my dad was too drunk to go for condoms, and my mum said "oh I'll be fine".

She was not. And here I am.

I actually owe my very existence to Bacardi.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    both of mine were surprises, not accidents. We had the attitude that if it happened it happened, and we did nothing to prevent it. It still took 1.5 years for the first one to be conceived.
  • b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    None of my kids were accidents. They were all gifts from God.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My daughter wasn't planned for, but we weren't doing much to prevent it. My son, on the other hand. . .my hubby made a call for a consultation appt with "Dr. Snips" on a thursday. . .that Sunday (1 day before my 34th bday) i felt crummy and was a day late. Took a pregnancy test and, well, he cancelled his appointment!! LOL! That little "surprise" will turn 7 soon and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Spelling edit
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I didn't want kids and then one day I did. It was like a switch was turned on. All three planned.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids but it seems like there are a lot of young women on this site who have children. Did you plan to get pregnant or did it just "happen"? A friend and I were talking about this and we would like your opinion.

Why do you want to know?

You want our "opinion" on what?
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I have 3 little accidents.

We love them.

They are Darling Innocent Caring Kids.

Or D!CK's for short.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    My 2nd was a big oopsie! I won't lie... lol

My 1st and 3rd were planned though. Found out I was pregnant with my 2nd when my 1st was only 6-7 months old. Not planned, that's for sure.
  • BeautifullyBroken87
    BeautifullyBroken87 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was definitely what my parent's called "a surprise." haha. So much for dad's vasectomy! :) Apparently I was determined to be born . lol.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i AM one of them!
  • xynyth
    xynyth Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Neither of mine were planned but I wouldn't change a thing. They are the perfect ages apart and I had them at the right time of my life (which probably would not have been the time I would have chosen, had I known any better lol).
  • ajewellmom
    ajewellmom Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Here's one for ya . . . I have two daughters and my husband has three daughters. Our girls are, this year, 25,23, 20, 18, 14 . . . . and we have a son who is 4 this year . . . AFTER MY HUSBAND HAD HIS VASECTOMY DONE TWICE!!!! Yes, girls and boys, the only really reliable method of birth control is abstinance.

(BTW, testing done post- second vasectomy showed no swimmers . . . but they're back!!)
  • jsdholland
    jsdholland Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    this is a funny and timely thread...my sister just found out she is "surprise" pregnant with #5! has to go to the doctor today and find out if she lost her IUD at some point, or if it is still in there and just failed. They are excited, but yes, surprised!
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    but i was a big fat baby ginger and born on my daddy's birthday so yea they decided to keep me.