You Fat!

Options
13»

Replies

• nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I had a student fail my class one year. His second year in my room, he said "Didn't she get more fatter over the summer?" (to a person who also failed me the previous year). I gave him a chance to redeem himself. I asked him what rude phrase he just said. He said, "Oh, I asked her if she thought you got more fatter". My response, "Thank you for pointing out my delicious summer. Welcome back to my English class. I see we still have some work to do"

You teach English and manners, good for you!!
  • threemc99
    threemc99 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey roundeye! You no talkie talkie bad talk!! You sirry an stoopid! I no likie you no more!!!!!!!!!!
  • AlohaKeAkua
    AlohaKeAkua Posts: 92
    Options
    I had a student fail my class one year. His second year in my room, he said "Didn't she get more fatter over the summer?" (to a person who also failed me the previous year). I gave him a chance to redeem himself. I asked him what rude phrase he just said. He said, "Oh, I asked her if she thought you got more fatter". My response, "Thank you for pointing out my delicious summer. Welcome back to my English class. I see we still have some work to do"

You teach English and manners, good for you!!

Lol! It seems that more and more kids come to school, lacking what you and I learned at home! For those parents that are still teaching manners and respect I say, "I love you!" I make phone calls home just to tell parents how wonderful their kids are and thank them for such a great job!

Disclaimer- I know some kids come from broken homes and situations far out of their own control (ie- mental/emotional disabilities). However, the hard working parents aren't recognized and thanked enough for raising well rounded children! Phone calls home in middle/high school seem to focus on the negative. Time to make a change :-)

Disclaimer to the disclaimer- I only added that in, bc people are so quick to point out things that aren't completely relevant to the topic and I could see someone coming into the thread and pointing out how some kids/parents can't help it! :tongue:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I have a lovely Chinese pupil who suddenly realised I was pregnant when, as she told me, she thought I was just fat. :laugh:

She has since been making a real effort to tell me that I'm very thin for a pregnant lady:laugh:
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Eastern cultures don't see calling someone fat as offensive.

they also throw acid in the face of their disobedient wives. But that doesn't make it okay.

lolwut?

Go here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_throwing