This is a photoshop - signed, a graphic artist. (with pics)

Options

Replies

• Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Bumping...headed to the gym but definitely want to finish reading later! Thanks for the post!
  • Caseyann2501
    Caseyann2501 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    This is good information. I'm sure most people know these pictures are photoshopped, but they don't realize how extensively. And, even if you know, when your environment is saturated with this junk, it's hard to keep it from sinking in to you and making you feel like this is an attainable look, and you're doing something wrong if you're not getting there.
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I love to look at this and look forward to seeing more. Thanks!
  • msleanlegs
    msleanlegs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Diora-Baird-4.jpg
    Diora Baird - "B List" actress

Someone just posted this image in another thread at their "ideal" woman and it's baffling to me how much this image has been shopped. Her entire right side has been obliterated and her curve over her butt has been added, not to mention the airbrushing on the thighs. It's really sad that men look at these images and call them their "ideal" women when NO WOMAN could ever look like this in reality.

Years ago when hubby and I were dating, he'd point out photos of muscular fitness women with big breasts and try to tell me I could look that like if I just trained a little harder with the weights. As if I could gain that level of muscularity everywhere but my breasts and at the same time mysteriously gain fat in those puppies. LOL at the naivety, right? I think our society is so bombarded with photoshopped pics and celebs with cosmetic surgery that some people forget what a typical woman's body naturally looks like.
  • Kerinjay
    Kerinjay Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks! Great thread. Will definitely be showing to my daughter.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I love me a good Photoshop disaster. This from PSD:

rochasdisaster1.jpg

Seriously, what happened to that leg?
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I love me a good Photoshop disaster. This from PSD:

rochasdisaster1.jpg

Seriously, what happened to that leg?

omgsh her leg looks weird
  • bottom
    bottom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump
  • IronRangeGirl
    IronRangeGirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I agree. Why can't they just use the natural pictures of women?
    Natural, as in no make up, hair not altered?

Is it really a big jump to go from make up, fake tan etc; to just altering the image rather than the person for the look they want?

I mean, I personally don't have a problem with touching up cellulite, or brightening eyes up a bit. But shaving off parts of the waist so they look like an ideal (yet impossible in real life) woman is truly repulsive, and, I'd imagine, insulting to the model or celeb that worked hard to get a nice looking body naturally.
  • info_nrs
    info_nrs Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I know this might be lost in the page after page of responses in this thread (which shows how inspiring and informative it is), but have you ever considered publishing? I bet if you sent anything like this to a magazine (or on-line journal, maybe Huffington Post) that you would be in high demand. Of course you'd have to be selective in what magazine you send it to, essentially you are calling them out! Maybe start your own 'natural beauty and fitness' blog. Dove is about the only company that I can think of that is targeting the 'real beauty' angle right now, but I would love to see others do it before my daughter becomes a teen!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I saw this one on the Pinterest board you linked!

UNxepMgl.jpg
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i looove this. thanks for starting this thread!
  • mfrkorey
    mfrkorey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    2ihlc40.jpg

Another floating head? Her face is just...awful. Somehow they elongated her face more and erased all her wrinkles, of which she has many. She looks like stretched plastic. As well as her waist having been brought in a lot.

It also looks like they did something to her eyes. Her eyes just don't look real at all. She kind of looks like a porcelain doll instead of a person. And it looks like there should be the slightest wrinkle in her clothes where he waist is bending, but there isn't.

No amount of photoshopping will make him look like a woman. It's amazing he's gotten away with it for so long. .
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My sister in law does this to her baby all the time - the pics never look like the baby - it is freaky- but my mother-in-law loves the pics so they keep photoshopping the poor thing!

Seriously? They're photoshopping the baby? That poor child is going to have a rough life, because I doubt they'll stop doing it the older the kid gets.
  • geewizzamanda357
    geewizzamanda357 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • aeouellette
    aeouellette Posts: 10
    Options
    Love this - I knew photoshopping happened but not to this extent. My god, half of these look like completely different people. It turns out they have not-totally-smooth skin and dimples too.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Very cool thread.

Thanks!