TOPIC: T.H.E Team Starting fresh wk7

Options

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Summer Challenge.... Some of you know from previous threads that we do challenges every once in a while. The last one I think we had was for Valentines day. So here's a new one...

The first official day of Summer is June 21st... About 4 weeks away....
    I'm wanting to lose 4 pounds.... that will bring me down to 130 even..... I know funny number but I would like to get to 130 because that is actually a mini goal of mine. That would be about 38 pounds lost total for me...

Who else is in?

I also have another challenge but this one isn't about loosing weight. This one is about having fun... I want everyone to try something new this summer. It could be anything but it has to be something fun and something you want to do... something more than trying a new food or something simple like that.... Let's have some fun this summer....

Count me in! I will also shoot for 4lbs by June 21st. That will put me at 214 and 2lbs away from where I was last year when I pretty much fell off the exercise wagon. I WILL be good to go back to the gym by Thursday this week. Id say I would go tomorrow but I have way too much going on and I know how I am about hitting the gym in the evenings, which is when I might possibly have time. I may need ya to dig out the padded slipper on me... but count me in!

As for having fun... Im game for that as well. With the busy summer months ahead, Im sure I'll find something new to do. :0)
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Yay for new things and new goals. I think this summer is going to be great. At least I hope so.... :smile:
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Summer Challenge.... Some of you know from previous threads that we do challenges every once in a while. The last one I think we had was for Valentines day. So here's a new one...

The first official day of Summer is June 21st... About 4 weeks away....
    I'm wanting to lose 4 pounds.... that will bring me down to 130 even..... I know funny number but I would like to get to 130 because that is actually a mini goal of mine. That would be about 38 pounds lost total for me...

Who else is in?

I also have another challenge but this one isn't about loosing weight. This one is about having fun... I want everyone to try something new this summer. It could be anything but it has to be something fun and something you want to do... something more than trying a new food or something simple like that.... Let's have some fun this summer....

I am in. Except I will use July 4th as my date. That will be six weeks out for me and when I said I would weigh in again. I will have lost my last 5 pounds by then.

I will have to think of something that I have not done before to do this Summer. That is a great challenge. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Day 3-Suppose to be recovery, but I wanted to do something. So BBL Cardio Axe. I am getting better at it every time. I just love to dance so it is just a lot of fun. Nothing else to really report. I did do great on my clean eating today and feeling great. :bigsmile:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hey, gang - just checking in before turning in. Long day and I am pooped. Stayed on track with food and water - skimped on the exercise. I will do better tomorrow! Take care.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Kristi, its so great to have you back!! Sounds like you have been one busy woman!! Will pray that your medical stuff works out for you. Maybe coming back will help some with that?

Today was not such a great day for me. It was an emotional one. I got up this morning and went with my oldest to her Mother/Daughter senior tea. I made the mistake of not eating breakfast at home and of course the only thing to eat there was a little cheese, some crackers and TONS of cookies!! It was a tea party aimed more at the diet of an american teenager.. LOL
    Anyway...It sorta sunk in during the first 5 minutes of the event that my daughter is growing up, becoming a wonderful young lady and I had to choke back tears pretty much the whole time... blaming my allergies so I wouldnt embarass her in front of all her friends and classmates. I guess I didnt really think that much about it before today. She's attending college locally so its not like shes going anywhere soon, but I've been so focused on planning events around her graduation that it just hit me and I wasnt prepared for it to effect me this way. I ate WAY too many cookies and sucked down way too much coffee, then...didnt eat for the rest of the day until dinner when I made spaghetti. Then I royally pigged out on spaghetti... :embarassed: I can't even begin to calculate calories today... so...Not my best day, but Im over it now.

Tomorrow morning Im heading to the gym first thing so I can get it out of the way for the day. Im planning to rip a ton of calories there.... get things going and I have a healthy Salmon dinner planned. :love:

See ya tomorrow!
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I did pretty good eating yesterday. Had a small bowl of cereal for breakfast then an egg sandwich for lunch and dinner. But I did have 2 cookies at bible study last night. Oh an a bag of popcorn on my break at work. It's not good but it's not near as bad as I had been doing.

The next 6 weekends are going to be HORRIBLE. I have a dinner with my sons fiance's parents and the pastor who is going to marry them, a baby shower for a co-worker, a bridal shower, one weekend has a bachlorette party and a friends wedding and a graduation party and grand daughter birthday party. Then my sons wedding. FOOD EVERYWHERE!!! Please pray for me I am soooo going to need it.

Thanks for the encouragement girls. I still feel real down about the weightloss but I haven't totally given up. I will try to find joy in losing weight. I need to get to the point of wanting to track my food again.

My prayer for you all is that you find joy in tracking your food. Motivation to excercise. And the thrill of losing weight on weigh in day!!!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Cyndi, thanks! Its really good to be back! I feel like I am finally doing something to take charge of my life, so - even though its only been a few days, it makes a huge difference in my attitude. Imagine that.:blushing: Its a little frustrating when I know so much more about how to take care of myself than I actually do.... But like you said, yesterday is over, and today is a new day!

Bee - I hear the frustration in your post! So, since you can't avoid all the food related occasions, and really who would want to? Sounds like good times with people you love celebrating important milestones in life. So, maybe all you have control over is what you think about all that - and how you approach it. So, celebrate it, and enjoy the good food, just make sure you plan around it and you figure out how to moderate what you eat. Maybe that's a healthy snack before you go, or a friend at the event you can be open with that you can ask to help you steer clear of over-indulgence? In any event, I am pretty confident you will figure it out. You're not the kind of gal that lets things keep her down!

Well, I am needing to try to get back on the exercise gig, so off I go. Take care friends, and remember, WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Okay y'all I went yesterday with no pop. It's killing me. The only way that I can get through this is to drink mass crystal light. I went through 3 water bottles alone yesterday with it. It's the taste factor that I miss the most, plus the caffeine. But I drink the pure fitness stuff, and I love it. I feel an extra boost. I did a little readjusting to my calories. I think it might help me. I looked at my settings and it had me burning way way too many calories on a daily basis. There for my calorie limit was way up there and then when I add in my work out I have to consume even more... so I adjusted it.... I don't burn mass calories every single day. We'll see.
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Kristi, its so great to have you back!! Sounds like you have been one busy woman!! Will pray that your medical stuff works out for you. Maybe coming back will help some with that?

Today was not such a great day for me. It was an emotional one. I got up this morning and went with my oldest to her Mother/Daughter senior tea. I made the mistake of not eating breakfast at home and of course the only thing to eat there was a little cheese, some crackers and TONS of cookies!! It was a tea party aimed more at the diet of an american teenager.. LOL
    Anyway...It sorta sunk in during the first 5 minutes of the event that my daughter is growing up, becoming a wonderful young lady and I had to choke back tears pretty much the whole time... blaming my allergies so I wouldnt embarass her in front of all her friends and classmates. I guess I didnt really think that much about it before today. She's attending college locally so its not like shes going anywhere soon, but I've been so focused on planning events around her graduation that it just hit me and I wasnt prepared for it to effect me this way. I ate WAY too many cookies and sucked down way too much coffee, then...didnt eat for the rest of the day until dinner when I made spaghetti. Then I royally pigged out on spaghetti... :embarassed: I can't even begin to calculate calories today... so...Not my best day, but Im over it now.

Tomorrow morning Im heading to the gym first thing so I can get it out of the way for the day. Im planning to rip a ton of calories there.... get things going and I have a healthy Salmon dinner planned. :love:

See ya tomorrow!

It is amazing how time flies by and you don't even realize it. At least, like you said, she is going to school close to home.

On a good note, you did notice your bad choices for the day and know to fix them for today. That is what this new lifestyle is all about. Learning from our little ooooppppssss. :happy: We all have them. I hope you are having a nutritious day toda. :bigsmile:
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    Summer challenge sounds good to me!!! Let's do it!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I did pretty good eating yesterday. Had a small bowl of cereal for breakfast then an egg sandwich for lunch and dinner. But I did have 2 cookies at bible study last night. Oh an a bag of popcorn on my break at work. It's not good but it's not near as bad as I had been doing.

The next 6 weekends are going to be HORRIBLE. I have a dinner with my sons fiance's parents and the pastor who is going to marry them, a baby shower for a co-worker, a bridal shower, one weekend has a bachlorette party and a friends wedding and a graduation party and grand daughter birthday party. Then my sons wedding. FOOD EVERYWHERE!!! Please pray for me I am soooo going to need it.

Thanks for the encouragement girls. I still feel real down about the weightloss but I haven't totally given up. I will try to find joy in losing weight. I need to get to the point of wanting to track my food again.

My prayer for you all is that you find joy in tracking your food. Motivation to excercise. And the thrill of losing weight on weigh in day!!!

Just take it one event at a time. Before each event make sure to eat fiber rich foods to keep you full longer. You can eat at the events, but just try to take in small portions. The trick is to go prepared with a full tummy. I know you can do it. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Cyndi, thanks! Its really good to be back! I feel like I am finally doing something to take charge of my life, so - even though its only been a few days, it makes a huge difference in my attitude. Imagine that.:blushing: Its a little frustrating when I know so much more about how to take care of myself than I actually do.... But like you said, yesterday is over, and today is a new day!

Well, I am needing to try to get back on the exercise gig, so off I go. Take care friends, and remember, WE CAN DO THIS!!!

You definitely have the right attitude to get back on the wagon. I know it can be hard and we have all been there. Glad you are back and ready to get this party started. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Summer challenge sounds good to me!!! Let's do it!

What will your challenge be??? :bigsmile:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Don't forget when you check in to re-post your challenge also so that we know how your doing with it.... :smile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Day 4-I had the choice of either a 2 mile run or cross training. I decided on cross training. Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning, AWESOME!!! I love that workout. The big thing I like about it is that we do not repeat any moves and it just keeps going. BURN BABY BURN!!! I burned 673 calories in 48 mins that is amazing. Who knew that updating your HRM would such a BIG difference? It was a great workout. The weird thing about tonite was that I actually worked out with one eye. LOL I lost my left contact right before I started and I did not want to open a new one for just an hour or so. So I decided to just do without until tomorrow morning. It was a little awkward at first, but I got use to it and made it through rather well.

Now, I am ready for bed. I hope that every had a wonder Thursday and may Friday bring GREAT THINGS!!! :bigsmile:
  • ninaabu
    ninaabu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ok... this sound great! A little confused about how it works??
    :smile: Nina
  • pawprint061
    Options

About how what works?
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    egam: SW 205; GW 185 CW 201 gain of 3 pounds

So my summer goal is to lose 6 pounds by June 21st. When I accomplish my goal, I will buy a new lululemon yoga mat, because my hands always slide on mine when I'm in downward dog
  • Iffer75
    Options

What we do is weigh in every Friday and post like this.

jjtonic75 sw 206.8 gw 155.0 cw 161.4

Then you will copy and paste that to the last post of weighin's, like this.

egam: SW 205; GW 185 CW 201 gain of 3 pounds
    jjtonic75 sw 206.8 gw 155.0 cw 161.4

Then the next person will copy and paste that to their post and so on.

We are also giving ourselves a Summer goal and challenge.

Like mine, I want to lose my last 6 pounds by July 4th and find something new to do this Summer that I have not ever done.

Glad you are with us. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Also, tell us a little about yourself and what you are doing to lose your weight. We want to be here for you to push you through and motivate you when you need it. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile: