TOPIC: T.H.E Team Starting fresh wk7

Options

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Remember I am not weighing in for a few weeks, so I guess I can just continue to do this for now.

egam: SW 205; GW 185 CW 201 gain of 3 pounds
    jjtonic75 sw 206.8 gw 155.0 cw 161.4 same

I am feeling really good. I have eaten clean all week and started my half-marathon training this week. It has been a great week. I am feeling more confident in my own skin. I am feeling sexy and am able to wear the clothes that I have always wanted to wear. I just overall feel fantastic. I don't really remember every feeling this way before and it is new to me. Today I am wearing a top I purchased a while back from Body Central. When I got it in, it was WAY too small for me. Now I can wear it and I look good in it. My mail man's comment to me today was, "wow, you look sexy today." That was really nice to hear. I don't want to hide anymore. I want everyone to see me, it is a weird and wonderful feeling.

I have a gig tomorrow nite and I am going to wear another top similar to the one I am wearing today and can't wait to show off a little.

Just to try to get you all to understand a little about me. I use to be really shy and quiet, not anymore. with this new found confidence I am loud and proud. I know in some ways that can be bad, and in most cases it is great. I am just glad to finally feel something again, even if I don't really know what to do with it yet. LOL

You all can do it too. We all have it in us to get to where we want to be, we just have to find that right motivation and support to continue to get there. Please don't ever give up on yourself. YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!

I hope everyone has a safe and beautiful weekend. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options

So my summer goal is to lose 6 pounds by June 21st. When I accomplish my goal, I will buy a new lululemon yoga mat, because my hands always slide on mine when I'm in downward dog

Great goal and reward. I know what you mean. I know you can do it. :bigsmile:
  • pipedoctor
    pipedoctor Posts: 7
    Options
    I am not going to weigh myself until Tuesday. I am somewhat pleased that I made good food choices at a party and on a road trip! However, I did give-into my tortilla chip addiction.
  • ninaabu
    ninaabu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ok... this sound great! A little confused about how it works??
    :smile: Nina

What we do is weigh in every Friday and post like this.

jjtonic75 sw 206.8 gw 155.0 cw 161.4

Then you will copy and paste that to the last post of weighin's, like this.

Then the next person will copy and paste that to their post and so on.

We are also giving ourselves a Summer goal and challenge.

Like mine, I want to lose my last 6 pounds by July 4th and find something new to do this Summer that I have not ever done.

Glad you are with us. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Also, tell us a little about yourself and what you are doing to lose your weight. We want to be here for you to push you through and motivate you when you need it. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:
  • ninaabu
    Options
    ok... this sound great! A little confused about how it works??
    :smile: Nina

What we do is weigh in every Friday and post like this.

Then you will copy and paste that to the last post of weighin's, like this.

Then the next person will copy and paste that to their post and so on.

We are also giving ourselves a Summer goal and challenge.

Like mine, I want to lose my last 6 pounds by July 4th and find something new to do this Summer that I have not ever done.

Glad you are with us. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Also, tell us a little about yourself and what you are doing to lose your weight. We want to be here for you to push you through and motivate you when you need it. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:

Thanks for the feedback! I'm new to this... I actually started my account in February - but NEVER used it until this month. I think that I am finally at the point where I have come to terms with the realization that I am in fact OVER WEIIGHT! I want to get healthy & stay healthy. I guess with 2 kids & a full time job - I sort of lost track of my own health & fitness. My goal weight is 125-130 lb. I have about 19-25 lb to go. I know it's not HUGE weight loss - but huge for me! I have always been used to being fit with camping - hiking, canoeing and martial arts... but I lost touch with all of that for a while. I am ready to get back to it - but find I lose steam so easily! After working all day (with troubled adolescents) picking up my own kids from school - cooking dinner, homework, etc... I am POOPED! All I want to do is be a potatoe on the couch! But I have been trying to work out & eat healthy through this site for the past 8 days. I hope I can keep it going!!
  • ninaabu
    Options
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    pawprint-sw168, gw115,cw134 same.

summer challenge-loose 4 pounds. none lost yet.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hey, gang - long day at work, and so I am just posting my weigh-in mumbers. I will check back tomorrow!

stillkristi - sw 507 gw 195, cw 371 - lost 5 pounds
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Technically, its still Friday where I live so Im not late.. LOL

Losingit4good SW 222, GW 200, CW 219.8....No loss

Still the same as I was on the 7th. Man.. has it been that long already since I checked in?? :embarassed: I didnt realize it had been that long already.

Anyway.. no gym for me today. I spent 6 hours outside yesterday doing hard core yard work since we had a small break in the weather. I weeded and cleaned up and then chopped 4 bins of wood for the firepit. Too much stuff to do out there in case its nice this next weekend and we have my hubbys b-day party outside (which is the plan!) I did manage to finish organizing and cleaning the garage and hauled off a TON of stuff to the Goodwill just to have it be GONE. It feels SOOO good to have that task accomplished and DONE with! At least if it rains we will have that space also and it wont look like my hubbys toolbox and all the holiday decorations threw up everywhere... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Today I feel like crap. Its been a lazy couponing day for me. I woke up this morning feeling like I snored all night. My throat wasnt sore but it definitely was irritated. and as the day has gone on, its gotten worst. About the only thing that makes it feel better is Soda with Ice and Halls. Im not hugry at ALL...nothing tastes right! Im not normally a soda drinker, so Im sure I will be up all night just from the sugar and caffiene! Water just makes it feel worst and OJ just makes me thirstier. Hubby has had this crud for the past couple days and is finally over it, so Im hoping I can get it done and over with by the end of the weekend if it has to turn in to what he had. I need to hit the grocery store, so tomorrow Im planning my meals for the week. Definitely need to do that so I can get back on track better. Its easier to log when I have a plan and its easier to stick to the plan when I have a menu! :0)

Nite Nite all!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I am not going to weigh myself until Tuesday. I am somewhat pleased that I made good food choices at a party and on a road trip! However, I did give-into my tortilla chip addiction.

We all have our slip ups. At least now, you know what you did and can do a little exercise to make up for it. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I'm new to this... I actually started my account in February - but NEVER used it until this month. I think that I am finally at the point where I have come to terms with the realization that I am in fact OVER WEIIGHT! I want to get healthy & stay healthy. I guess with 2 kids & a full time job - I sort of lost track of my own health & fitness. My goal weight is 125-130 lb. I have about 19-25 lb to go. I know it's not HUGE weight loss - but huge for me! I have always been used to being fit with camping - hiking, canoeing and martial arts... but I lost touch with all of that for a while. I am ready to get back to it - but find I lose steam so easily! After working all day (with troubled adolescents) picking up my own kids from school - cooking dinner, homework, etc... I am POOPED! All I want to do is be a potatoe on the couch! But I have been trying to work out & eat healthy through this site for the past 8 days. I hope I can keep it going!!

You can and will do it. I understand what you are saying and I know it can be hard, but remember why you are doing this in the first place. Take an outfit out of the closet you have not been able to wear for a while and hang it on the outside of your closet as a reminder. You can do this and we are all here for you.

Have you thought about working out in the morning before work. I know a lot of people have success with morning workouts. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hey, gang - long day at work, and so I am just posting my weigh-in mumbers. I will check back tomorrow!

5 pounds???? AWESOME!!! :drinker:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Losingit4good-I hope you get to feeling better. It is no fun feeling crappy on a long weekend. It sounds like you have a busy weekend planned. Try to get extra fluids in.

Don't worry too much about the scale, think about how you feel in your clothes. You will get there, hang on. Have a good weekend. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Day 5- 30 min strength training and 3 mile run. It was good strength training, I was able to have Jon around to make sure I was using proper form. It felt good, because I was definitely pushing myself with the weight. He has set up a little something for the upper body on the days of training that asks for strength training. I told him what I wanted to work on and he has set me up. My triceps are still a little sore from Monday. LOL I know tomorrow my shoulders will be sore. I really do like strength training, I am starting to feel stronger again. I guess I do miss P90X and the push that Tony does. Can't wait to start a hybrid with him. After this training I will do that.

Then I did my 3 mile run. It really went well. It was not at all humid like it was Monday nite and I can say that made it so much easier. I did not feel like I was going to collapse. :indifferent: I brought my Mp3 player with me and I actually realized after mile 2 that it was distracting me and my rhythm. So I took it off and was able to run faster and keep my breathe going. So, unless I am just messing around and/or walking no Mp3 player while running. And guess what?????? I beat Monday's time by almost an entire 2 mins. WHOOOHOOO!!! That felt AWESOME!!!

Tomorrow is my long run, 4 miles. I have asked Jon to run with me to keep me going. Now that I know I can keep a pretty good pace with 3 miles, we will see if I can finish 4 miles. Kinda scary, but will be great when I finish. :bigsmile:
  • ninaabu
    Options
    Kristi, its so great to have you back!! Sounds like you have been one busy woman!! Will pray that your medical stuff works out for you. Maybe coming back will help some with that?

Today was not such a great day for me. It was an emotional one. I got up this morning and went with my oldest to her Mother/Daughter senior tea. I made the mistake of not eating breakfast at home and of course the only thing to eat there was a little cheese, some crackers and TONS of cookies!! It was a tea party aimed more at the diet of an american teenager.. LOL
    Anyway...It sorta sunk in during the first 5 minutes of the event that my daughter is growing up, becoming a wonderful young lady and I had to choke back tears pretty much the whole time... blaming my allergies so I wouldnt embarass her in front of all her friends and classmates. I guess I didnt really think that much about it before today. She's attending college locally so its not like shes going anywhere soon, but I've been so focused on planning events around her graduation that it just hit me and I wasnt prepared for it to effect me this way. I ate WAY too many cookies and sucked down way too much coffee, then...didnt eat for the rest of the day until dinner when I made spaghetti. Then I royally pigged out on spaghetti... :embarassed: I can't even begin to calculate calories today... so...Not my best day, but Im over it now.

Tomorrow morning Im heading to the gym first thing so I can get it out of the way for the day. Im planning to rip a ton of calories there.... get things going and I have a healthy Salmon dinner planned. :love:

See ya tomorrow!

We ALL have those bad days... don't beat yourself up about it! :flowerforyou:
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Hey everyone. Work was so crazy today. I was non stop moving like crazy. There's an area that's down a little hill, it's steep... and I had to carry a water bucket and stuff for a couple dogs that were going in the yard down there and I tell ya, going back up the hill is a pain... did it several times. I didn't do any work outs today. I was beat when I got home. The heat is playing a huge role also. I've been drinking water like crazy, I just can't seem to get enough. I drink water with Crystal light. I suck water down when it tastes good. I've filled my water bottle (which is about 2.5 cups) 6-7 times today. I'm still going strong... Sometimes I go through a period where all I want is water. I've been cutting back on pop again. Yesterday I broke down because I had a horrible headache and the pop helped, but I haven't had any today.... so for the first time in who knows how long I'm under with sugar.... it's great.

My bras aren't fitting anymore. I measured again today and I'm measuring 33 inches... my brad that I've been wearing (it's my favorite) is a 36c.... Um, yeah my boobs are like fitting into the palms of my hands now... I'm thinking I've dropped almost if not a whole cup size. Crazy. Feels good though, my back doesn't hurt as much anymore.

Well I think that's it for now. Later.
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    Hey Everyone!
    I hope your weekends are going well.

Jennifer,
    I had a quick question I was hoping you could help me out with. I know you've done the insanity workouts and I was wondering if you would give me your opinion and maybe a little information about them. I was looking at them and I'm interested in giving it a go. I just wanted to get some more info about it. It seems alittle....well totally crazy and impossibly hard. So yeah, if that's not too much trouble, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I made it through the 1st food eating busy weekend I will have from now until the wedding July 11th. We had dinner at my future daughter-in-law's dad's house with her parents and the pastors family that is going to marry them. I had one enchilada and a little rice. I don't think I did badly. I'm going to go visit and old pastor and his wife today so hopefully I will do good then. They had invited me to a BBQ tomorrow but I said no and aid today would be better so I didn't eat so much.

Not been weighing in. I don't even want to know right now. Just hoping to do better. When I feel my pants get a little looser I will weigh.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Thanks, JJTONIC - appreciate the encouragement!

Hi everyone, Gee, I worked in the garden all day yesterday, and was so pooped, I didn't even log in. But, I wanted to check in with you all and see how the summer challenge is going. Take care, everyone!
  • ninaabu
    Options
    Hey Everyone - hope your day is going better than mine! ... a BAD eating day today!! :frown: I don't even know how I did it? Just a busy day running around - but somehow I passed my calorie target by 169 calories!! I did not even exercise the past 2 days & I'm SOOOO.. beat - I'm just going to bed! Tomorrow I will get back on track:smile: EARLY bed & an early work out in the morning!!