what do you consider cheating?

Options
Do you only count cheating as going over your calorie goal?
Or do you count eating something that isn't healthy for you cheating?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I don't count anything as cheating.

I also don't count certain foods as "healthy" or "unhealthy", "good" or "bad".

If it fits into my cals and macros for the day, I eat it.

If I want to eat more on a certain day, I do. I'm not cheating anything, I'm living my life and enjoying it.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Having sex with anybody other than my husband. Anything else is just making poor food choices.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I consider cheating as eating an unhealthy food like fast food, but I still stay within my calorie limit
  • jourdanerin
    jourdanerin Posts: 69
    Options
    I don't disagree, except maybe about no foods being deemed "unhealthy". There are definitely some unhealthy foods out there, doesn't mean I don't eat them occasionally.

I was just curious because everyone talks about having a "cheat day" or "cheat meal".
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheating. I eat what I eat and compensate if I am too far past my daily/weekly goals.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    As long as there's no eye contact it's not cheating.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

How you doin'? *looks at ground*
  • sylf1966
    sylf1966 Posts: 52
    Options
    Having sex with anybody other than my husband. Anything else is just making poor food choices.

This made me chuckle; laughter is good, not certain how many calories I just burned! I don't have cheat days only reward moments and they are almost always within my calorie goal! If I call them cheat days/food it would depress me making me feel like I some how failed, so instead they are rewards for all the hard work! :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I don't disagree, except maybe about no foods being deemed "unhealthy". There are definitely some unhealthy foods out there, doesn't mean I don't eat them occasionally.

I was just curious because everyone talks about having a "cheat day" or "cheat meal".

Can you give me some examples as to what unhealthy foods you're referring to and why they are unhealthy?
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

If I want to eat more on a certain day, I do. I'm not cheating anything, I'm living my life and enjoying it.
    Hear, hear!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

I agree *stares intently at the back of her head*
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options

+1
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

I find your ideas intriguing, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Not working out just because I don't feel like it. But I'm only cheating myself.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    It depends on if she brings you thin crust or deep dish pizza. Totally different story for each scenario.

tumblr_mav9eyRHA61rof3p3o1_400.jpg
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Many times, this means a day or a meal without logging. Other times, it means one without calorie restrictions.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options

Can you give me some examples as to what unhealthy foods you're referring to and why they are unhealthy?

Every type of food serves a purpose as long as you are in control of what you're eating. The most important factor is calories in versus out so you could technically eat anything and lose weight. There's obvious advantages to eating natural foods high in protein and fiber but I believe there's also a mental advantage to eating what many think of as "unhealthy foods"too.

If you are trying to lose weight but can't get rid of your ice cream cravings then have it. I know from experience that the longer you fight the harder you fall. The key is you control when you have it, that way you avoid the craving/mental breakdown that's happened to everyone. When we cave in, we lose control and it's difficult to come back but when we control our cravings, we can actually enjoy it and even feel good about it after.

The first rule of long-term weight loss is don't diet.
    You have to make a lifestyle change that you can follow long-term, this means you have to let go of restrictions and live life once in awhile. Cheating is a terrible word for it because it serves a purpose and will help you lose weight long-term.

As far an real unhealthy foods, I'd say trans-fats but you can still have them and lose weight.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options

Reread, commit to memory, live happy
  • IMD918
    IMD918 Posts: 49
    Options
    For me, a cheat day or meal is one where you go over your daily calories. I try to keep high protein macros, but there are times I'll eat unhealthy meals and fit them into my daily calories, which does throw off my macros, but it isn't that big of a deal here and there. If I'm going to have a cheat day, I say screw the macros AND the calories. Makes you gain water weight, but it usually comes off in a day or so once you're back on your good habits. I try to make cheat days very rare. If I can go to the gym and do a bunch of cardio to get me back within my calories, I prefer to do that rather than call it a cheat day.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Over my calorie goal.