How do I get this guy?

Options
the_britster
the_britster Posts: 84 Member
There is this guy who is super great. He is so kind. He has a great sense of humor. He dresses nice. He has the most amazing smile. He plays the guitar. He sings. He's in a band! He had a small benefit concert back on Valentine's Day. I came up to him afterwards and told him how amazing at playing the guitar he was. Then I slipped him my number. He never called and I didn't see him forever. Then one day I realized he was in one of my classes. I was super nervous when I found out and the next day my teacher changes the seating chart and he was right across from me. He will say flirty little things sometimes, but then again I don't know if he just says it to every girl in proximity, although he looks at me when he says it. Prom was coming up and I wanted him to ask me. So I kept trying to get my friend to talk to him. She would always miss him. Then one day I'm in class and a girl behind me asked if I was going to prom and I said I hadn't been asked. She said It was really surprising and blurts out "Hey (insert name)! you should ask Britney to Prom!" I let out a nervous laugh along with him. After he says "Just put me on the spot like that! I can't. I'm going to be out of town." And when we had debates in class I made comments that really stumped him and made jokes about it afterwards. Then when it was my turn, he made a comment that really helped my side because we were getting creamed by the conservatives. Afterwards this other girl that was on the opposing team made a comment about how I quietly said thank you (insert name). She always butts in and sometimes I think they have a thing. Other times when he totally ignores her I think not. Anyways, that same day in class he tells me that he is having ANOTHER benefit concert at lunch and that I should come. He completely directed it at me and told no one else. Seemed obvious enough to me. So I show up and am like the first one there and they aren't even playing yet. I feel really awkward and wander a bit. Then I end up watching the door because the concert is to benefit journalism and I'm on the team, because the teacher needed to get something to collect money in. Guess who comes out. HIM! He seemed very excited to have me there. Then he says something like " So door monitor?" and after explaining he says "sick" a few times in response. He goes back in and then my teacher comes back. I go and sit in the front row and watch him set up. I start feeling very uncomfortable. Then people start showing up. I only got to hear three songs cause he waited to long to start. This is when I realize I really like this guy. I wave to him on the way out and he smiles really big and waves back. I try to leave because I was running late for my internship, but I just couldn't. I walked cooling back in when up the same steps as February, and approached him. When he saw me he smiled really big and Said, "Heeyy!" He was talking to a group of people including my teacher, talking about publicity. I made a suggestion. people responded, bla bla bla. I finally had him to myself! Then I directly addressed him and asked, "so you are going to be out of town for prom right?" He said yeah, disappointedly. Then I asked, "Well, do you want to go to spring fling with me?" He smiled really big, looked down a teeny bit and exclaimed, "yeah, sick!" I said we would talk about it next class. It was a Friday. I had all weekend to over think everything. I saw him on a B day (my school splits the schedule) and he didn't even smile at me. weird. Then the next day in class and he seemed nervous when he told me he couldn't go to the dance because he was going to be out of town and kept going on about how sorry he was. He said he was going to be out of town a lot because of mothers day and his brother's b-day. It seems weird but their rich. I have felt discouraged ever sense. Before this I was sure he liked me too, but I'm not so sure anymore and I feel like I'm out of his league. He smiles and waves in the halls and continues his little convos in class though. I don't know what to do! Do you think he likes me? I want to hang out with him and I'm lost. Please help!

Replies

• leahrightley
    Options
    Did not read the whole thing.

But guys are straightforward, unlike girls. He prob doesnt like you. Stop being clingy and move on
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Start using paragraphs..
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    You slipped him your number and he didn't call......and....always has an excuse as to why he can't go out with you. Get a clue, he's just not into you.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Did not read the whole thing.

But guys are straightforward, unlike girls. He prob doesnt like you. Stop being clingy and move on
    ^^^^^^^ THIS

If he wants you, he will come for you.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    Tip 1: learn to write in paras.

UGHH!!!!!!!!!ghhhhhhhh grrrrrrrrr
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    1. Paragraphs. For the love of gravy.
    2. You can't make him like you, and honey, I'm sorry but he doesn't.
    3. Spark teen ... Or something.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Like, oh my god, totally!

:sick:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    1. Paragraphs. For the love of gravy.
    2. You can't make him like you, and honey, I'm sorry but he doesn't.
    3. Spark teen ... Or something.

^ This.
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Try backing off a little bit. If he's really into you, he will pursue you. Just give him a chance to!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    imagine reading this in braille.
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    You slipped him your number and he didn't call......and....always has an excuse as to why he can't go out with you. Get a clue, he's just not into you.

Yup.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options

i felt like i did.....my eyes hurt and I could only make it thru about 10 sentences...I wonder why? OHHHHHH, shiny objects...brb.
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Like oh my god I know exactly what you are talking about because the other day Billy was in class but he wasn't acting like normal Billy he was acting like stuck up I'm way to cool for everyone Billy and I didn't know what was going on with him I mean was it like problems at home or was he having trouble with the homework and he would just not talk about it so I went to Vanessa and she said she hadn't noticed anything wrong with him but Vanessa has been so wrapped up in Connor that she can barely even keep up with her best friend anymore I mean I don't mean to gossip but when her parent's were getting divorced because her dad had that affair with his assistant I'm the one she came to and I never said a word about it to anyone but all of a sudden it's like if I'm not Connor forget it I may as well not exist anymore and the whole time Jason just will not leave me alone and he's a nice guy and all but sometimes I'm just like Jason give it a rest already geez you know what I mean?
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    It reads like he just likes the attention but isn't all that into you. If he was, he would suggest doing something else if he couldn't make the dance(s). I suggest moving on. It's okay to still like him and have a crush on him, but I wouldn't hold my breath that it will go any further. I was in a similar situation...only thing is the guy I like has a gf...so it's def out of the question. But there is a flirtation there and if he was single I'd be on him like white on rice!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    What grade are you in?
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the majority. He just isn't that into you, to quote a cliche'. Sorry.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

hahaha awesome
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Too long, could not read. If you want a guy just tell him or jump into his arms. He will catch, if he wants you. :)
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Like oh my god I know exactly what you are talking about because the other day Billy was in class but he wasn't acting like normal Billy he was acting like stuck up I'm way to cool for everyone Billy and I didn't know what was going on with him I mean was it like problems at home or was he having trouble with the homework and he would just not talk about it so I went to Vanessa and she said she hadn't noticed anything wrong with him but Vanessa has been so wrapped up in Connor that she can barely even keep up with her best friend anymore I mean I don't mean to gossip but when her parent's were getting divorced because her dad had that affair with his assistant I'm the one she came to and I never said a word about it to anyone but all of a sudden it's like if I'm not Connor forget it I may as well not exist anymore and the whole time Jason just will not leave me alone and he's a nice guy and all but sometimes I'm just like Jason give it a rest already geez you know what I mean?

I actually held my breath while reading this to see if I could get through it without having to exhale!!!!!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, he's not interested in the way you want him to be. I give him credit though, he seems like a nice guy. He sounds like he's being very nice & friendly, and as if he does not want to hurt your feelings. Time to move on.