How do I get this guy?

Options

Replies

• scot1026
    scot1026 Posts: 43
    Options
    woo him with your stories about what you did that one time in band camp. But for the love of god keep it short and use paragraphs.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I tried to read it all but it really seemed like so much teen drama...and I teach teens. After a long school day I just can't. From what I did read, seems obvious he's not feeling you. Let it go. I bet there is a nice boy at your school who likes you and will take you to prom. You might find him if you take your eyes off this dude who doesn't like you.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Did not read the whole thing.

But guys are straightforward, unlike girls. He prob doesnt like you. Stop being clingy and move on

^ This.

Edit to add: You're 18, you have a long time to find the right man. Right now practice your dating skills and DO NOT cling to men you like if they don't reciprocate. That is the easiest way to run many young men off or get used.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Sounds like you guys are forming a friendship.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    1. Paragraphs. For the love of gravy.
    2. You can't make him like you, and honey, I'm sorry but he doesn't.
    3. Spark teen ... Or something.

This.
    I started to read then my head hurt... i
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It seems like he sees you as just a friend. I don't think he's into you in a romantic way. I would stop overthinking everything and back off a bit. If he's into you, he will let you know directly. :flowerforyou:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Exactly how many times did he say "sick"? And why would you want a guy who says "sick"? He is not into you, but don't worry, you'll forget all about him next time you meet a guy who's in a band and says "sick" a lot.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    why do people say sick?
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Like oh my god I know exactly what you are talking about because the other day Billy was in class but he wasn't acting like normal Billy he was acting like stuck up I'm way to cool for everyone Billy and I didn't know what was going on with him I mean was it like problems at home or was he having trouble with the homework and he would just not talk about it so I went to Vanessa and she said she hadn't noticed anything wrong with him but Vanessa has been so wrapped up in Connor that she can barely even keep up with her best friend anymore I mean I don't mean to gossip but when her parent's were getting divorced because her dad had that affair with his assistant I'm the one she came to and I never said a word about it to anyone but all of a sudden it's like if I'm not Connor forget it I may as well not exist anymore and the whole time Jason just will not leave me alone and he's a nice guy and all but sometimes I'm just like Jason give it a rest already geez you know what I mean?

LMAO!
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    Hmmm.... If I was 18 again... I would ignore him & flirt with someone else in the class. Honey, he's just not that into u. You're 18. I'm sure there must be others.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    It reads like he just likes the attention but isn't all that into you. If he was, he would suggest doing something else if he couldn't make the dance(s). I suggest moving on. It's okay to still like him and have a crush on him, but I wouldn't hold my breath that it will go any further. I was in a similar situation...only thing is the guy I like has a gf...so it's def out of the question. But there is a flirtation there and if he was single I'd be on him like white on rice!

Dumped her! Now pounce!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Why want someone who isn't into you?

I've never understood that.
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    He might like you, but if you let your confidence slip around him or come on too strong, or even get too clingy, you'll drive him away for sure. Just relax and let him talk to you first. No matter what, let him be the first to talk to you.
  • aceofspades69
    aceofspades69 Posts: 159
    Options
    Did not read the whole thing.

But guys are straightforward, unlike girls. He prob doesnt like you. Stop being clingy and move on

What she said
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you chase him on the playground, you can catch him.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    jackie-chan-are-you-serious-500x317.png
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I'm not in high school anymore...
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    It reads like he just likes the attention but isn't all that into you. If he was, he would suggest doing something else if he couldn't make the dance(s). I suggest moving on. It's okay to still like him and have a crush on him, but I wouldn't hold my breath that it will go any further. I was in a similar situation...only thing is the guy I like has a gf...so it's def out of the question. But there is a flirtation there and if he was single I'd be on him like white on rice!

Dumped her! Now pounce!

NORM!!!!! hahahahahaahaaaaaaaaaaa
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I think he's just playing hard to get. You need to step it up and buy him something meaningful, like the chair you sat in during his first benefit concert. Leave him a note on it that says "You know what this means..." outside of his bedroom.
  • Tlglose
    Tlglose Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi..:) it sounds like you're young.. (prom lol) don't listen to the negative talk here. I remember crushes ( barely). point blank. Ask him. If it's yea or nay, At least you'll know and be able to move on. You will have a lot of heartbreaks in this life and I'm not saying this to be mean. It's just life. And I sincerely hope you do have them. It means that you're living your life to the fullest. It prepares you for the one that is truly meant to be the one. Please don't fret over the small stuff. Be yourself and the special ones will see how special you are and will appreciate your beauty. Don't sell yourself short on the average ones.. ♥