Don't Hate the egg!

Options
Is it me or I'm I seeing a lot of people hating on whole eggs!

E.g People Sharing breakfast recipes and are trying to save on Cals have 4 egg white omelettes but then add a butt load of butter/oil and cheese!

If you were that keen on saving on cals why not cut the oil and cheese!

Whats the deal?

Replies

• PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I always egg the whole egg, I agree It's kinda stupid
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I love the egg. The egg is good. The egg is true. The egg is delicious.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Always use the whole egg! Usually two. :D Good stuff!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    The yolk is the best part! nom nom nom
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    I hate cheese and have cut out cooking with oil. I eat the whole egg! Yum yum
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    The yolk is the best part! nom nom nom

agreed!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    Good to see there is still whole egg people still out there! :drinker:
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I love eggs! I have deviled eggs (made with greek yogurt, how did I not hear of this awesome sooner?) tempting me in the fridge right now!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    I hate cheese and have cut out cooking with oil. I eat the whole egg! Yum yum

Non stick pans are your best friend!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    i eat eggs
    but the yolks are bad for u
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I like whole eggs, and do eat them from time to time, but I use the other eggs because of the cholesterol. I am diabetic and can't have the amount of carbs that having breakfast cereal or porridge and the like would have if I ate the quantity I would like for breakfast, and having several eggs every day would not be good! So I use the egg whites and make a big omelette with lots (I think it's close to 1.5 or 2 cups) of celery, onion, and red peppers. That keeps me full until lunch. I only use 2 tsp. of butter to saute the veggies, and no salt or oil or anything else. I suppose people cut the cals on their eggs so that they CAN use the butter and cheese!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    I love eggs! I have deviled eggs (made with greek yogurt, how did I not hear of this awesome sooner?) tempting me in the fridge right now!

I'm yet to try deviled eggs! Might give it a go!
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Whole egg girl right here! Egg white anything is just weird to me.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    i eat eggs

No
  • laele75
    Options
    i eat eggs

Myth leftover from the 'all fat is bad' 90s. Eggs are full of good fats.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    I like whole eggs, and do eat them from time to time, but I use the other eggs because of the cholesterol. I am diabetic and can't have the amount of carbs that having breakfast cereal or porridge and the like would have if I ate the quantity I would like for breakfast, and having several eggs every day would not be good! So I use the egg whites and make a big omelette with lots (I think it's close to 1.5 or 2 cups) of celery, onion, and red peppers. That keeps me full until lunch. I only use 2 tsp. of butter to saute the veggies, and no salt or oil or anything else. I suppose people cut the cals on their eggs so that they CAN use the butter and cheese!

That is a good point but to me I still wouldn't even use the butter if you were really worried about cholesterol!

edit:bad english
  • Dori_Gaga
    Dori_Gaga Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't think yolks are bad, but when I eat eggs on their own (like scrambled eggs) I only eat the whites because I don't like the taste of the yolk... never have. As a kid I used to cry if my mom made us scrambled eggs, and then she'd say "they're good for you!" and I would have to drown them in ketchup so I couldn't taste it... so I didn't eat eggs for 15 years, and finally decided to try an egg white, and I eat them like every day now....

If I am cooking with eggs I use the whole egg, like recently I learned how to make cauliflower pizza crust and I use a whole egg in that, rather than just the white.... it's actually a pain taking the yolks out, but I have tried numerous times, I just can't get used to the taste!
  • laele75
    Options

I'm yet to try deviled eggs! Might give it a go!

Easiest snack to make ever. Hard boil eggs, cut in half, scoop out yolks, mix with greek yogurt/sour cream/mayo (whatever floats your macros), a little mustard, maybe some relish if that's your liking, season and fill back in the carved out eggs. Sprinkle on a little paprika and voila. Just remember to refrigerate any portions you don't eat within half an hour. Eggs and milk products spoil really fast!
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options

That is a good point but to me I still wouldn't even use the butter if you were really worried about cholesterol!

edit:bad english

I hear ya, but I can't abide the spray can stuff - it does not taste good to me and it doesn't saute the veggies well. And since there's no chol. in the eggs, a little in the butter, rather than having both, isn't so bad, I think.

Edit: I had to go check! 2 tsp butter is only 25 mg chol. One egg is 195!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I love the egg. The egg is good. The egg is true. The egg is delicious.

The egg will never leave you for another egg. The egg is faithful. The egg is loyal.

The egg attends church every Sunday.