Chia seeds work!!

Options

Replies

• ebontuck
    ebontuck Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    They are great if you mix them with water, cranberry juice and fresh lime juice!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    We were talking about them at yoga the other night, they said it was like a gelatin consistency.

I personally have not tried them, but i'm interested in trying them, just for health benefits alone (not interested in losing weight quickly or anything)
  • janel867
    janel867 Posts: 53
    Options
    I make a chia fresca with mine...just mix the seeds in a glass of water plus a squirt of lemon or lime then drink them down :)
    I have tried them but can't handle the texture. I also can't eat tapioca pudding for the same reason. I ended up giving mine to a friend. Glad you're having success with them though!
  • Fit2Skinnyme33
    Fit2Skinnyme33 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Best of all, ever since taking chia seeds, I clogged my toilet every other day!!! I am stoked about chia seeds!!

<
    pee'd my pants laughing that thats the best thing of all LOL.
  • stacydawn75
    stacydawn75 Posts: 23
    Options
    I mix them into everything. A tablespoon in a dinner pot full of chili, meat sauce, soups and stews, etc. Today I used a half tablespoon on a single serve portion of apple crisp I made. They're really tasty tossed into yogurt and fruit.
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump to read later. thanks for posting this topic. :)
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I put them in shakes or in scrambled eggs.
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Made Chia Pudding last night for the first time.

1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    3tbsp chia seeds
    dash of vanilla extract

in a glass jar. Shake it up and put it in the fridge overnight. Easy grab and go breakfast this morning that kept me going throughout my workout. Love it!
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them yet but judging by how excited you are about them I must be missing out!
    Off to the store tomorrow so!
  • grumpster72
    grumpster72 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased flax seeds and I simply put them in my yogurt. Do you think you can do the same thing with Chia seeds?
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I keep eyeing the chia seeds at the store but haven't bought them yet. Next time I will pick myself up a bag :)
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I love Chia seeds. I put them on my cereal in the morning or on my salad or in soup.
  • hoeneyboo
    hoeneyboo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds can be used as an egg substitute in baking. 1/2 cup water plus 2 tablespoons of chia seeds in a cup. Let gel and you now have the equivalent of 2 large eggs. Fantastic in muffins. I use the whole gel mixture even if the muffin recipe calls for 1 egg. Very moist muffins. Enjoy!
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I dont care for them in beverages myself, but often eat them sprinkled in my eggs or tuna salad or cottage cheese. I also make homemade granola bars with them.
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    They go into my morning smoothies. Better in Omega 3's than flax. If I have enough time (or foresight) I'll throw them into almond milk and let 'em sit for 20-30 minutes - they thicken up - then I add my fruit, kale, whatever and blend. Yum.
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I bought a bag of them at Trader Joe's last weekend but haven't gotten around to trying them yet. Part of me can't get over the fact that this is the same thing we used to spread on a clay donkey head and wait in vain for the "hair" to sprout.

Thanks for the tips!

Same here! I keep on thinking of the Chi-chi-chi-chia commercial when I think of them :laugh:

Thanks to all the ideas on how to have the seeds. I've been into flax seeds and anything fibery, but hadn't tried chia seeds. Will make sure to get a pack next time I'm by the shop. I'll probably just try throwing some in my porridge and see how it goes!
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle them on my greek yogurt. Adds a nice crunch!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    And it keeps you full!!! Best of all, ever since taking chia seeds, I clogged my toilet every other day!!! I am stoked about chia seeds!!

I almost needed a Heimlich maneuver performed on me, after reading that, given that I 'choke-laughed' in reading about the excitement regarding toilet clogging ;)...

Well, if there happens to be any sort of chia seed -specific advertising or promotional body, then I dare say, the slogan of the first ad campaign has been coined by MFP's very own jamiep926... "Chia Seeds: They'll keep both you AND your toilet full. Brought to you by the Chia Seeds Ad Consortium, and Plumbers Local 743." ;)

Now THAT was funny!!!!
  • bunjijk
    bunjijk Posts: 44
    Options
    Need the recipe from the Gluten Free Bread post. I have tried so many recipes and they all taste blah!
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Bump for later