Replies

• lacrirozi
    lacrirozi Posts: 7
    Options
    You can do this!! :)
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    To those lecturing me about buying my dress too small, the reason being I bought it at a wedding show where I got a great deal on a dress off the rack. They probably would have ordered me a 20, but the dress was a 16 and an additional $400 off if I bought it that day. Who can say no to that! Got an amazing dress for $700.

315n91h.jpg

Or, y'know, you could have gone elsewhere and purchased something which was custom made to your measurements with the same $700, looked like whatever you wanted it to look like, and then not had wedding dress angst to deal with?
  • squeakyfish
    squeakyfish Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I bought my dress off the rack in a size 14 when I was at least a size 18. Ultimately, I lost 50 pounds in about 8 months to fit into it. What really worked for me was to try on my dress weekly. Each week, it would fit a little better and that gave me a little more motivation. By the time of my last fitting, the lady that altered it was yelling at me not to loose any more weight before the wedding! You can do this.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    To those lecturing me about buying my dress too small, the reason being I bought it at a wedding show where I got a great deal on a dress off the rack. They probably would have ordered me a 20, but the dress was a 16 and an additional $400 off if I bought it that day. Who can say no to that! Got an amazing dress for $700.

315n91h.jpg

Or, y'know, you could have gone elsewhere and purchased something which was custom made to your measurements with the same $700, looked like whatever you wanted it to look like, and then not had wedding dress angst to deal with?

Well that's super helpful and supportive. Feel better?
  • SienaJoelle
    Options
    I'm trying to fit into my wedding dress, too... It stops zipping at my waist. Was hoping to find out if a corset would help hold in that extra fat that keeps it from zipping?
  • Alice_104
    Options
    Start exercising. Roca Labs formula can help you.
  • Jesslynn3282
    Jesslynn3282 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh!! That is the same dress I ordered! so pretty!! I ordered my dress a size smaller then what I was....thinking I would lose weight the woman at the bridal shop said I should order it at least a size smaller....so they wouldn't have to take it in so much (bc I was planning on sticking with diet/workouts well with stress of everything I have 5 months to get back on the diet and get into this dress!! I was a 16 when I tried it on ...ordered a 14, I'm probably about the same I was when I ordered it... I was so happy to see this photo....love the dress!!!!
    nekosimba wrote: »

315n91h.jpg