Bright red face!!

Options
Does anyone else's face turn BRIGHT red when they work out -- particularly cardio?? Mine has always done this, for my entire life, and it stays red for hours after my workout is done. I've always been overweight, so I will be curious to see if it gets any better as I lose weight, but I'm also just wondering if it happens to anyone else, and if anyone has any idea how to make it go away a little faster?

:blushing:

Replies

• SoullessGinger1
    SoullessGinger1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yup! Mine does. I am fair skinned and my face gets very red and can sometimes take awhile to return to normal. I just try to cool off.
  • CatShelton
    CatShelton Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Me too. It stays that way for hours if I don't cool down properly. After cardio i try to do at least a 5-10 minute cool down, stretch for 5-10 minutes then I either take a cool shower, or wash my face with cool water. That usually gets it back under control for me.
  • BeFitwithT1
    BeFitwithT1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Me. I've dramatically increased my endurance with running, high intensity cardio and weight training as well as dropping a little over 30 lbs. The red face has gone nowhere which makes me think it never will :( Oh well, there could be worse things!
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yeah the red face stays around for a little bit.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    My face gets red easily and usually gets red anytime I work out.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Yep, mine always gets red when I work out.... at any weight. I've just learned to love it (and wear cool tones).
  • crjohnston12
    crjohnston12 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My face does the same thing...I was just talking about it on another threat as I am also an excessive sweater. When I'm done w/ a spin class, it looks like someone dragged my face through a strawberry patch! Hope it helps for you to know that you are not alone : -) Keep up the good work!
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm not classified as overweight but my face gets red for hours. Hot yoga is the worst for it I think, even after cooling down and showering I'm still red for another hour or so. Being tanned helps a bit because I don't notice it as much in summer.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too. It doesn't get any better. It has nothing to do with weight or endurance for me, it's just something that my body does. I feel great, but it looks like I am about to pass out when running.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    YES! I don't even have to be working very hard either. This has been a lifelong thing for me.
  • smacphee85
    smacphee85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mine is beaming red right now. I just got home from a run. It will stay that way for hours.
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've never been overweight and I've always gotten really red in the face whenever I work out. I've had some comments about it from people who get concerned, like, "Jeez, are you okay? Do you need to sit down? You're really red!" I'm fine, just fair-skinned. :laugh:

I think it's genetic: my mother, younger brother, and sister all have the same exact issue.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I've never been overweight either and my face does that. I'm naturally fair-skinned as well (Swedish ancestry) and while I don't sweat much, I flush like crazy. My chest gets really red too. I used to be very self-conscious about it, but now I just accept it as proof of hard work.
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I know a girl who's face gets this :mad: red!

Oh..you're talking about exercise. Nevermind.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Yep, mine does and always has. I get so sick of people asking me if I'm ok. My dermatologist thinks I have rosacea and I guess that is a symptom of it.
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm overweight now, but about 3 years ago I wasn't. Even then my face would get bright red, and I'd get really sweaty. I also blush easily so I don't know if that goes together.
  • Hockeymom610
    Hockeymom610 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yep me too. All my life I've been red in the face after any kind of excercise. I also blush very easily. And a glass of wine will turn me as red as a tomato.
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    yes! Other bright red faces! haha.. mine gets to almost purple- doc said it was just my vasculature but it sure was embarrassing when I played sports growing up and my coaches would be so alarmed at how red my face was and pull me out of the games :/
  • LisaD1025
    LisaD1025 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys -- it definitely helps to know I'm not the only one! I figured I wasn't alone, but I've never met anyone else whose face does what mine does. It doesn't bother me all that much, but I get the weird looks and the questions about if I'm okay pretty frequently.

Oh well -- better to be active with a red face than to not work out!!

• dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I get red and white blotches. I swear when we all file out of aerobics class I look like I must have been in a different one, with my soaked hair and flushed skin, and everyone else just having a little shine.