Bright red face!!

Options

Replies

• LisaD1025
    LisaD1025 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I get red and white blotches. I swear when we all file out of aerobics class I look like I must have been in a different one, with my soaked hair and flushed skin, and everyone else just having a little shine.

I get the blotches too!! Around my mouth and the sides of my face (near my jawline) seem to stay white...I think that's part of what really alarms people -- I think it almost looks like I'm foaming at the mouth! HAHA!! And my head sweats like you wouldn't believe. My hair is drenched when I'm done with a good workout!

I'm SO glad I have so many other red-faced comrades!!
  • Sakura_Tree
    Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    my face and arms get really red when i do high intesity cardio but it goes away after about 30 minutes! still hate it though
    98777 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think it's unavoidable because it is genetic to some degree. My sister and I are the same way and always have been.

In middle and high school P.E. classes my face was always the reddest in the whole class afterwards, much redder than even some girls who were very clearly more overweight than I was.
  • lausmit4477
    lausmit4477 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    qpqc1f.jpg
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Yes. and then I was diagnosed with reactive airways and started taking Advair. My life improved considerably.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    yup - bright as a cooked lobster (sometimes the white splotches show up too making me look oh so lovely). people look at me funny when i'm out running. i've even been stopped once by someone concerned for me. HA! it's the irish in me - nothing i can do to change it.
  • crystalfisher89
    crystalfisher89 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My face was ALWAYS super red after a workout whenever I started to get back on the band wagon of cardio. I did notice that the more fit I got, the less red my face would get as I got better with different workouts. Now if I run 6 miles or anything longer my face will turn red again, but running three miles (unless I am hauling *kitten* during a race) doesn't do anything to me. Try splashing cool water on your face after you work out and don't wipe it off. It'll help ease the redness so that you can resume normal daily activities and not have people think you are going to pass out.
  • san0322
    san0322 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    yes! Other bright red faces! haha.. mine gets to almost purple- doc said it was just my vasculature but it sure was embarrassing when I played sports growing up and my coaches would be so alarmed at how red my face was and pull me out of the games :/

^ This. I didn't start getting a red face until I was about 25 or so. And I first noticed it when I would have a few drinks - bam! Red face! I first thought it was Rosacea coming on so went to see a dermatologist. She gave me some prescription cream to use and that didn't work. So a year later I went to a different dermatologist. He told me that I didn't have rosacea at all. It was just that my blood vessels and capillaries were closer to the surface of my skin than other people. So, if I drink, work out, am angry, or just plain hot and happen to get flushed it is more noticeable. So genetics plays a part.
  • b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My face most definitely turns bright red!! I think people think I'm dying!! LOL!
  • AshatanViz
    AshatanViz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've been a blusher all my life, and I get equally red when I exercise as when I'm embarrassed! That's just how I'm made I guess. Gotta learn to love it.
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Yes. and then I was diagnosed with reactive airways and started taking Advair. My life improved considerably.

What? I have asthma and use an inhaler, never thought the red face could be related? I am sitting here with a lobster face at my desk after going for a walk on my lunch hour...not so pretty look but at least they crank the a/c here so I should be cooled off soon!
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My face gets very red when I work out or get hot or sit in a sauna or get embarrassed, etc. It's a symptom of rosacea for me. It hasn't progressed because I don't smoke and moderate my caffeine and alcohol intake.
  • somethinggoesright
    Options
    Mine does too! It's embarrasing, specially because I get the "are you okay?" question a lot :blushing:
    They always look surprised when I answer normally while running on the treadmill. I usually just say "Yeah, I'm fine. I know I'm red, my face does this, but it's totally fine".
    It's been like this ever since I was a child. Get me in the sun or moving, I get really red. It hasn't gone away, not even with weight loss. I take almost cold showers, wash my face with cold water and drink a lot of it, and it still takes about 2 hours to disappear.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yup I do, if I have a red shirt on my face literally matches it:(
  • annahlotr
    annahlotr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mine does, although if I cool down well and take a lukewarm shower it doesn't last for hours.

But, I'm also extremely pale, and I blush when I'm embarrassed, or angry, or surprised, or.... you get the picture. So at least when I'm red from exercise it's because of something I'm proud of :)
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    YES.

I am really, really pale. It's one of the reasons I wasn't allowed to try out for sports in school. I'd get so red in the face, the teachers were worried I was going to faint! XD
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yup. You are not alone!! :)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, so bright red it's awful...makes me look so unfit!!
  • GypsyPirate
    GypsyPirate Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yes, mine does, and really always has. I also really sweat a lot. I've been this way for as long as I can remember, so I don't think much of it -- but I was in a new Zumba class and the instructor almost stopped she was staring at me so hard! Took ma minute to realize why, then I had to convince her I was not on the verge of death. (sigh)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    YES.

I am really, really pale. It's one of the reasons I wasn't allowed to try out for sports in school. I'd get so red in the face, the teachers were worried I was going to faint! XD

Wow what dumb teachers