• kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Haha this... FUNNY!! :P
    Leave your husband and move closer to work. BAM, problem solved :tongue:
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Will hubby do a workout with you? You don't have to do 7 days a week...workout both weekend days and fit a 30-45 mins in 3 other days during hubby time, since you are walking at lunch (awesome) this should be enough...I'm in a similar boat schedule wise Mon-Fri and make it work, it's not easy though and I sure miss sitting snuggled on the couch :)

*note: my gym is by my work so I go straight to the gym after work then head home and traffic is much better for me then so it saves a little time, too.
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    P90X is a time hog! I tried to do it after work too, but at an hour plus (if you do the abs) its too long when you are short on time. I agree on the HIIT training so you have more free time with your busy/packed schedule.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You are no longer allowed to say, I don't have time...
    You can only say, It's not a priority.

I don't have time to run 1-2 hours 3-4 times a week...but I do it anyway.

What a super duper unhelpful post.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    In addition to geting hubby to join you, on days that you do P90X, you can try using the crock pot so dinner will be ready when you get home. Or you can prepare ahead and freeze a casserole, pasta sauce, lasagna, etc., on the weekend to give you extra "free" time on your P90X days. That way, you can just thaw it the night before and stick it in the oven or microwave. Add a nice salad and dinner is served.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    if hubby doesnt want to do p90x with you, see if he would prepare the food while you work out - ah, can he cook first! You have a very busy schedule, I am so happy that part of my life is completed - daughter over 40, and I'm retired! Good lucky
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    I work full-time and have a 2.5 year old, a fiancé and a home to maintain. I go to the gym around 7:30 or 8pm. I get off work, pick my son up from school (fiancé works till 6 and school closes at 6 so I have to do it), go home and get dinner started, get the kiddo fed and then I leave for the gym about 30-45 minutes after my fiancé gets home. I miss about two hours of hanging out at home with my boys during the week, but I remind myself that it won't always be like this. Once I hit maintenance I can cut back a bit. I go to the gym during my son's nap time on Saturdays and Sundays so I don't miss any time with him.
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    What a crazy schedule! That said, as many say on here you don't necessarily NEED to workout to lose weight. Walking at lunch is an awesome solution, and if you can throw a few bursts of faster walking or jogging in there that should be enough cardio. Maybe just a short strength training routine added in a couple nights a week could round out your routine while your schedule is crazy?
  • tenintwenty
    tenintwenty Posts: 92
    Options
    Move closer to work. Quality of life is directly linked to commute time. That commute is killing you. If that's not plausible, cut an hour out of "make dinner and spend time with hubby." Alternately, just kill it on the weekends.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Ok..Here is my schedule.

4:00 -4:45 am Get ready for work-Feed animals (45 min)
    4:45 - 6:45 am Drive TO work. (2 hrs)
    7:00 - 5:30 pm Work (10 1/2 hrs)
    (11:30 - 12:00 pm Lunch (I walk 1.5 miles) (30 min)
    5:30 - 7:00 pm Drive Home. (1.5 hrs)
    7:00 - 9:00 pm Make dinner and spend time with hubby (2 hrs)
    9:00 pm Bed. (7 hrs)

I have just purchased the P90X and would like to start losing more weight and have some tone definition. I have done the "Insanity" which I really enjoyed, til I got called onto this construction project.
    My question is, What or how would you fit little or ANY exercise in if you had my schedule? Now, they say..NOT to exercise 2 hours before bedtime.
    Any positive-friendly feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance~

I would find a 30 minute strength training programme and alternate that with 20 minute HIIT while hubby makes dinner, save p90x for the weekend when you have more time.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I truly appreciate all your suggestions.

I will give it my all to work at least an hour in the evening. Hubby supports in any decision that I make when fitting the time to exercise. When hubby is ready to exercise...he'll work with me. But, I will not force the issue to him. He has to make that decision on his own.

I did forget to mention that I work 10 days straight and then I get 4 days off.

Thanks again for all your feedback.
    Wish me luck..
  • Fit4_Life
    Options
    I apologize of assuming.
    The title that I put "Ain't got TIME for that!" Was something from YouTube. It has been such a catchy phrase-So I just had to use it. Lol.
    First, I give you props for actually showing what your daily schedule is instead of whining that you don't have time when you really do like most people do.

I wasn't looking for sympathy or whinning my dear...If you read above..I was looking for ADVICE and "Positive friendly feedback." Not rude comments.
    Second, your schedule is ridiculous! I don't envy you.
    Third, This is probably the best suggestion in your situation even though it's tough. :ohwell:
    I know it's not ideal, but can you carve 45-60 minutes out of your "hubby" time to do the P90X or another workout? Maybe he could do it with you so it would still be quality time together??

It's tough, I know -- I'm a single mother with a full time job. I exercise over lunch and/or after 8pm when my daughter goes to bed. It's not ideal, but it's better than not exercising at all.

Good luck!

My comment wasn't rude. I was saying that it's good that you posted your schedule. Most people don't do that. They just whine and say they don't have time to work out when in reality they're sitting on their butts watching TV 6 hours a day, but clearly that's not you. My feedback was that the comment about cutting out some of the hubby time, even though it's difficult, seems to be the best option for you given your ridiculously busy schedule. Sorry it came off as rude.
  • smazzyuk
    smazzyuk Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Total star !!!
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Can you skip your hour lunch break and leave that extra hour early.. maybe avoid some traffic and get home within an hour? This would give you 90 extra minutes at home.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    walk
  • Fit4_Life
    Options
    I WISH I could leave early, he wouldn't let me. We USE to have an hour lunch...Boss cut us down to 30 minutes. (Very controlling boss). For a while, I would walk around the job site. Nope..."You need to stay in the office to answer phones." Mind you, we have answering machine-doesn't matter. I can go outside to use the porta-john and check in material off of tractor-trailers.

Traffic isn't too bad on the interstate.
    Can you skip your hour lunch break and leave that extra hour early.. maybe avoid some traffic and get home within an hour? This would give you 90 extra minutes at home.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    carry dumbbells in the car and rotate using them on the other arm while driving. i do this sometimes
  • sophie_wr
    sophie_wr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    jillian muchael has 30 min workout, that might be much more doable...
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Move closer to work. Quality of life is directly linked to commute time. That commute is killing you. If that's not plausible, cut an hour out of "make dinner and spend time with hubby." Alternately, just kill it on the weekends.

These were my thoughts -- move closer or telecommute a few days per week.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    carry dumbbells in the car and rotate using them on the other arm while driving. i do this sometimes

that sounds almost as safe as texting while driving