"Ain't got TIME for that!"

Options

Replies

• iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Whatever else I did for myself, I'd look for another job.

3.5 hours a day is too much to give to a zero productivity activity that doesn't involve eating, sleeping or having sex.
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    If you and the hubby can do it together you get 2 for 1. Exercise and quality time...and that usually translates to better relationships and sorry but its true for the next statement better bow chicka bow wow time. :)
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    oops sorry see that it was already suggested. Ignore me! :)
  • Loftearmen
    Loftearmen Posts: 380
    Options
    I've been there. Where there's a will, there's a way.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Good grief I thought I had it bad!

You didn't mention weekends. I know that's not the day-to-day stuff, but if you really killed it Sat & Sun you could in theory only have to find time 2 or 3 nights a week.

My husband runs at lunchtime. well he says he runs, but I know he walks for a while, jogs a little, walks a lot. But what he does do is everytime he passes a specific bench, he does some toning. Push ups on the bench, chair squats, even Burpee/Squat Thrusts - Google it or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burpee_(exercise) - too hard for me to explain. You can carry 3lb weights and do bicep curls and skull crushers while you walk too.

This will give your body more variety during the limited lunch time exercise. I have found a confused body is more likely to lose weight.

Good luck and good for you for "no excuses"!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You don't have to work out EVERY day. I try to lift at least twice a week for 30-45 minutes. One of those days can be on the weekend. Fit a little bit of cardio in wherever you can.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Ok..Here is my schedule.

4:00 -4:45 am Get ready for work-Feed animals (45 min)
    4:45 - 6:45 am Drive TO work. (2 hrs)
    7:00 - 5:30 pm Work (10 1/2 hrs)
    (11:30 - 12:00 pm Lunch (I walk 1.5 miles) (30 min)
    5:30 - 7:00 pm Drive Home. (1.5 hrs)
    7:00 - 9:00 pm Make dinner and spend time with hubby (2 hrs)
    9:00 pm Bed. (7 hrs)

I have just purchased the P90X and would like to start losing more weight and have some tone definition. I have done the "Insanity" which I really enjoyed, til I got called onto this construction project.
    My question is, What or how would you fit little or ANY exercise in if you had my schedule? Now, they say..NOT to exercise 2 hours before bedtime.
    Any positive-friendly feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance~

can you move closer to your job? get your hubby to cook dinner and have it ready for when you get home so you can take 30 min to do p90x
  • Uhhhlexxxis
    Uhhhlexxxis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Can you bring in some small weights and do a little strength training when you're in your office? Even a few minutes a day really makes a difference!
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Ok..Here is my schedule.

I have just purchased the P90X and would like to start losing more weight and have some tone definition. I have done the "Insanity" which I really enjoyed, til I got called onto this construction project.
    My question is, What or how would you fit little or ANY exercise in if you had my schedule? Now, they say..NOT to exercise 2 hours before bedtime.

Thanks in advance~

You're schedule sounds almost like mine... 2 hrs to work and an hour half back.. O.o... you're not a DC commuter, are you?
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure but I went into kitchen to get me a cold pop...And I said Oh lord jesus there's a fire...And I ran out of there..

And I got me the bronchitis.

ETA: 3.5 hours of your life everyday is being spent driving to and from a job. Unless you are extremely passionate about this or you are making insane amounts of money, I would recommend starting a job search
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I WISH I could leave early, he wouldn't let me. We USE to have an hour lunch...Boss cut us down to 30 minutes. (Very controlling boss). For a while, I would walk around the job site. Nope..."You need to stay in the office to answer phones." Mind you, we have answering machine-doesn't matter. I can go outside to use the porta-john and check in material off of tractor-trailers.

Traffic isn't too bad on the interstate.
    Can you skip your hour lunch break and leave that extra hour early.. maybe avoid some traffic and get home within an hour? This would give you 90 extra minutes at home.

It is your lunch break, you do not need to answer phones you are entitled to a lunch break and I believe more than 30 min. You might want to contact your labour board and find out what your rights are.
  • jtgilfoy
    jtgilfoy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Unless you get paid in sacks of krugerrands, you live too far from work period. Maybe not even then.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    carry dumbbells in the car and rotate using them on the other arm while driving. i do this sometimes

This is horrible and dangerous advice! What are you thinking.
  • laccy40
    laccy40 Posts: 136
    Options
    Honestly...I think you're doing enough in the day as it is. Putting yourself under too much stress is counter productive to weight loss and fitness. You walk at lunch time - great. If you want to do something to unwind in the evenings, go for a walk with hubby or workout once in a while. Save the serious stuff for your days off and concentrate on really good nutrition cos with a schedule like that you need it!
  • Jackson4590
    Jackson4590 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude but we worship at the alter of busy. We think being busy means we are important. Is your job really that important that you spend 25% of your free time driving to it? No offense but that is insane. Imagine what you could do in those extra four hours per day! Even if you rake in the cash what is your time and sanity (and health) worth?
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you exercised every other day taking some of the time from your hubby time. I'm sure he wouldn't mind it if you did it every other day. It can be as short or as long as you have time for.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Instead of walking every day for 30 minutes, find two or three circuit workouts or strenght work outs. Bring some dumbells to work and do those twice a week and then walk the other three. 30 minutes a day should be enough for both fitness and weight-loss. Don't kill yourself or sarifice precious relationship time. I workout on my "lunch" and then eat at my desk wihile working---plus I get up and move around about every hour for 5 minutes at my desk.
  • sylf1966
    sylf1966 Posts: 52
    Options
    If you can find a suitable way to workout during your commute, it would be perfect! I found this on the web :)

:wink: The Car Workout

Belly Busting. While driving, pretend you are trying to zip closed a tight pair of skinny jeans. Pull your belly button in towards your spine as you try to pull your lower belly away from the waistband of your pants. Hold here, engaging your abs, or, for a more intense workout, breathe out 20 times quickly. As you breathe out, contract your lower abs even harder to pulse your abs in and out.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I would look for a shorter workout, that is higher in intensity, 30 minutes is fine. You don't need to workout everyday, 3 times a week is good.
    I would prep meals on a day off, and while they are heating up, do my 30 minutes. You still have time for hubby and have supper made.

Ok I lied, my hubby would do the cooking but if he didn't that would be what I would do.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Lol. No, not a DC commuter...Mind as well be...I commute from VA to WV . Job is TOOO good of $$ to look for another.

Ok..Here is my schedule.

Thanks in advance~

You're schedule sounds almost like mine... 2 hrs to work and an hour half back.. O.o... you're not a DC commuter, are you?