Jawbone up or fitbit flex.

Options
2»

Replies

• psm450
    psm450 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also had an Up that died after a few months, seems to be pretty common that they last 8-12 weeks and then have issues. Go see the Amazon reviews. I have a fitbit flex now that is more comfortable and easier to sync. The fitbit app is better as well.
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Options
    I just ordered my Flex for $50 from Brookstone. I am really excited to get it on Tuesday and try it out. I have read mixed reviews about all the top competitors and come to the conclusion that these are supplementary tools for people who already have a good idea of their activity level. You can't expect to pick one of these up and have it track your calories and steps down to single digits. Everyone is different and may use it in different ways. I am sure a lot of people don't even add their stride length in when they get it!

For me, having a 24/7 tracker that provides me with a CONSISTENT (maybe not 100%, perfectly accurate) account of my activity is the goal. No matter what it is making you move more!
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I just ordered my Flex for $50 from Brookstone. I am really excited to get it on Tuesday and try it out. I have read mixed reviews about all the top competitors and come to the conclusion that these are supplementary tools for people who already have a good idea of their activity level. You can't expect to pick one of these up and have it track your calories and steps down to single digits. Everyone is different and may use it in different ways. I am sure a lot of people don't even add their stride length in when they get it!

For me, having a 24/7 tracker that provides me with a CONSISTENT (maybe not 100%, perfectly accurate) account of my activity is the goal. No matter what it is making you move more!

I agree! People tend to get carried away with micro analyzing every minute detail.
    These gadgets are designed to give you an overview of your life.
    None of them are accurate to a 100%. Not even the calorie labels on packages are 100%.

If you look at your week in review and see that you had consistent movement on 6 days and one day you only walked 380 steps, you know where the work needs to be done.

They also are a completely different beast than a HRM. There really (as far as I know) isn't a way to consolidate a HRM into a pedometer at this point. If you want an incredibly accurate account of calories burned during a workout, you need a chest strap HRM. No glorified pedometer is going to give as accurate information like a good HRM (for workouts).

I've had my Fitbit One for several months and am very happy with it's accuracy.
    Today I'm taking advantage of the Brookstone deal to get a Fitbit Flex, for my daughter.
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Options

I agree! People tend to get carried away with micro analyzing every minute detail.
    These gadgets are designed to give you an overview of your life.
    None of them are accurate to a 100%. Not even the calorie labels on packages are 100%.

If you look at your week in review and see that you had consistent movement on 6 days and one day you only walked 380 steps, you know where the work needs to be done.

They also are a completely different beast than a HRM. There really (as far as I know) isn't a way to consolidate a HRM into a pedometer at this point. If you want an incredibly accurate account of calories burned during a workout, you need a chest strap HRM. No glorified pedometer is going to give as accurate information like a good HRM (for workouts).

I've had my Fitbit One for several months and am very happy with it's accuracy.
    Today I'm taking advantage of the Brookstone deal to get a Fitbit Flex, for my daughter.

Good call! Let me know how they compare. I am expecting my flex on Tuesday. :)
  • jared427
    jared427 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Great info on this thread. I was wondering if someone can clarify their purchase price for the flex. I cant find it available anywhere and definitely not for $50. Thanks
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have the body media body bug but it really isn't very concealable and you aren't supposed to wear it to sleep or in the shower. I've been going back and forth which to get next, the jawbone or fitbit - alot of reviews seem to be pretty comparable, the only major difference is the wireless sinking available with the fitbit. I'll be using my iphone primarily and happy that the UP syncs with my fitness pal. i think I'll be ordering UP :)

I have the body media fit and wear that to sleep. It tracks sleep patterns and from what I see very accurately.
  • Pheoniex85
    Pheoniex85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It looks like I just missed the big Brokkstone Flex deal? I waited and waited for the Flex announcement, and now that it is out on a 6-8 week back order on Amazon and FitBit's website.
    As I started looking around, it seems that people are still giving an upper hand to the FitBit One though. I couldn't help but wonder after watching a few only video reviews, does the FitBit One body fit into the Flex silicon bracelet? I like the idea of having various wearing options such as clip OR bracelet and not just one or the other. If anyone knows, can you please confirm it here.
  • FakingFitness
    Options
    It looks like I just missed the big Brokkstone Flex deal? I waited and waited for the Flex announcement, and now that it is out on a 6-8 week back order on Amazon and FitBit's website.
    As I started looking around, it seems that people are still giving an upper hand to the FitBit One though. I couldn't help but wonder after watching a few only video reviews, does the FitBit One body fit into the Flex silicon bracelet? I like the idea of having various wearing options such as clip OR bracelet and not just one or the other. If anyone knows, can you please confirm it here.

The Fitbit One does not fit in the Flex band. It's to big.

Brookstone is now sold out of the Flex. But, you can still get the deal on the One:

It's 99.99 add this code in the cart to bring it to 79.99 - ACDAD20

then get the 25/50 groupon deal here (copy and paste the URL):
    http://gr.pn/18M6VCO

brings the total to 54.95.
  • Pheoniex85
    Pheoniex85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tip, just finished ordering on Brookstone! Now to await the arrival!

On a side note, does anyone here have any tips for a wrist strap (other than the sleeping pouch!), watch band or necklace to wear the FitBit One with? I thought about looking into one of those silicone watch bands that it might fit in.
  • FakingFitness
    Options
    Thank you for the tip, just finished ordering on Brookstone! Now to await the arrival!

On a side note, does anyone here have any tips for a wrist strap (other than the sleeping pouch!), watch band or necklace to wear the FitBit One with? I thought about looking into one of those silicone watch bands that it might fit in.

You're welcome. :)
    It won't track properly if you wear it on your wrist. The One needs to be on the torso to work properly.

Edit for spelling error.