Abusive relationship?

Options
124»

Replies

• Paraflier17
    Paraflier17 Posts: 70
    Options
    Don't settle for anything less than a partner that treats you with respect.

What he said. Life is too short to deal with BS.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Oh and to follow up on my last post. You will stop hurting, trust me that is guaranteed. You are sad because you are uncertain and about to make a change in your life. That is natural so don't confuse that with putting your partner on a fake pedestal.

This is simple genius. This is it exactly. Perspective. Think in a larger circle. You will be SO much happier very soon. Good luck!
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    well?. did he stay an ex?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Dont waste your time on abuse. Please move on, lose ALL, I REPEAT, ALL contact with him (I hope there are no kids involved), and take care and love yourself.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hopefully, you have listened to all of this good advice.

You are so young - you might not THINK so, but you have your WHOLE LIFE ahead of you. Why waste it on an *kitten*?

I married my high-school sweetheart. He already had alcohol and drug issues, but I thought he would outgrow them. He never did. I stuck by this man for 25 years of marriage, gave him 4 years to get his life together after I separated from him, believed in marriage and all that and didn't want the 'failure' of divorce.............

But he was never going to change, and still has not. I've been single for 8 years, I LOVE my life, and I wish I hadn't stayed so long.

DON'T go back to this relationship. You already know it's the wrong thing for you. listen TO YOURSELF............
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I was for 11 years you can message me if you want to talk
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    yo neeed to get away from himm or he'll hurt you bad or kill you let him go you are better than that
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    You are an enabler. Please stay away from him.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    I've been in two physically abusive relationships. Get out. NOW. Stop all contact.

A friend of mine from childhood was killed by her husband.

Make a clean break. Delete him from your phone, your email contacts, your Facebook, block him any way you can.

Yeah, you'll miss the good times. NOT WORTH IT.